> Great Zero Markers, Starting over
Nyrphame Danilai...
post May 13 2010, 12:21 PM
Post #16

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Guild Master (GM)
Member No.: 1,075

Ah, but Descent is not dependant on getting all the markers and coordinates as it was in Complete Chronicles. Quite a few things are different in this version of the game, and that is one of them. I suggest poking around in that general area instead and see if you find anything that might help you...

nerfy

--------------------
Hey, who stole the other half of my brain?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Amedeus
post May 13 2010, 05:15 PM
Post #17

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 9,862

Aw, man. My entire experience is built on LIIIIIES!

Wait, so IS there any reason to have the coordinates then, outside of just having them and marker games?

This post has been edited by Amedeus: May 13 2010, 05:17 PM

+Quote Post
J'iim
post May 13 2010, 05:24 PM
Post #18

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Website Contributor (Greeter)
Member No.: 4,706

Ah, no. Not really. You do not even need the calibration missions to make marker quest games... just finishing the green/red markers is enough.

+Quote Post
Amedeus
post May 14 2010, 05:10 AM
Post #19

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Well... heck. I guess all of this has managed to raise another question, though. Where do I put my music player music for this version? Like, what folder? I tried two different ones (at once) that would have been it in CC, but I guess the directory's different, now.

+Quote Post
J'iim
post May 14 2010, 06:30 AM
Post #20

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Website Contributor (Greeter)
Member No.: 4,706

I have not tried to add music in MOULa but I would assume it should go into the game directory in a folder named "My Music". (default C:\Program Files\Uru Live\My Music). I have no idea if this still works. I vaguely recall trying to do this in MOUL (although I may be confusing this with my PoTS installation) and everything ran at half speed but I was told my problem was I had encoded my OGG files in stereo and I needed to do it in mono. I would be curious to hear if you get it to work.

This post has been edited by J'iim: May 14 2010, 06:38 AM

+Quote Post
Amedeus
post May 15 2010, 05:43 AM
Post #21

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Well I had already tried making a MyMusic folder in both the Program Files Uru Live folder and the My Documents Uru Live folder (since the game makes both), and it hadn't worked. After your post I changed it to My Music, but still nothing. So finally I did something I never like to do in a Myst game.

I gave up and looked for the solution online.

http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php...e192907179fcb34

Now, the whole thing isn't so... official. Basically what they've gone and done is taking the actual file for the music that plays on the player by default, and replacing it with their music, in .ogg format, and naming it what the original file was. Which is pretty simple, aside from that whole portion in there about the game having some trouble and having to write over it during a major update... or something. They don't make it out to sound like any sort of game breaker though, so I'm going to have at it.

If you don't hear back from me, that's because I've accidentally destroyed the Universe with my crazy haphazard music-hacking.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2019 - 01:58 PM