buy antibiotics without prescription
Guild of Greeters   Suitable for Every Age   

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Trio -- A Story, Hiram, Brigid & Ovid Continue Their Journey?
Rex Havoc
post Aug 7 2005, 06:39 PM
Post #1

Retired GuildMaster
Group Icon

Group: Moderator (Mod)
Member No.: 2,857

Story moved from the Message From The Moon thread...

Part One

Click here to view/hide a spoiler.
“Take a seat, Hiram.” Gaiasm motioned toward a grouping of comfortable looking chairs. “I cannot offer you a lot of information, as of yet. I do feel it is important that you are aware of a few things. I am certain now, that it is no accident that you have come here. Being part D’ni, you are unknowingly and unwillingly, perhaps, a part of a greater plan. I can feel it. That is the only way I can describe it to you. I don’t even know what is coming, only that it is something big. All I ask of you is to be patient and work with me when I ask it. I imagine you have had feelings and perhaps dreams that you could not explain. The explanation is about to be offered.” Hiram sat there a moment, just staring back at Gaiasm, not believing what he was hearing. But as he sat there, he realized she was right on at least one point, the dreams… For about one month before this exhibition got underway, he had experienced some pretty vivid dreams. People and places, quite unfamiliar, were visiting him on an almost nightly basis. “How will I know what to do?” he finally said. “Not to worry. When the time is right, it will be made very clear. Let’s go gather your friends now and head back to the village. I’ll ask you not to say anything to them, but I have a feeling that won’t be necessary.” Gaiasm approached the door through which they had entered the room. The blue glow vanished as she pressed against it and opened it. Still on the other end of the room were Brigid and Ovid. It appeared that Brigid was attempting to explain some of the symbols that she had been copying, to Ovid. They both looked up as Gaiasm and Hiram approached. “We should be getting back to the village, now.” Gaiasm stated, “It is time.” With out a word or complaint from either of them, they put away their things and followed Gaiasm and Hiram to the portal. “Now, same as before.” Gaiasm instructed, “Ovid, take my hand, Brigid, please take Hiram's’.” As they all reappeared in the clearing, Gaiasm paused before heading back to the village. “This is strange, I do not sense a presence. Pundada, or any other watcher, must not be here. That is very unusual, indeed. I think, Hiram, the wheels may be in motion.” Ovid and Brigid exchanged quizzical glances. Hiram only looked worried as they started back to the village.

On the trip back both Ovid and Brigid tried to talk to Gaiasm. She would not speak but to say “All in good time.” Still they tried and finding she would not engage turned to Hiram. Surely he would discuss what had happen in the shrine. Each slowing at a different pace so that they would fall back to where Hiram was walking at a few steps apart. Ovid was there first and asked where Gaiasm had taken him when they had left the antechamber. Hiram just shook his head saying “Not now.” Trying to ask more questions did no good. Hiram just picked up his pace and started to walk past Brigid. Seeing what had taken place when Ovid tried to engage him, Brigid decided on a different approach.

Reaching out she clasped hold of his arm and brought him to a stop. Waiting for Gaiasm to move further along the path and for Ovid to pass, Brigid held on to Hiram’s left arm and waited in silence. When they were well behind the others, Brigid looked Hiram in the eyes and demanded to know what was up. “We were left, trapped, in that room while you went off with that woman! Poor Ovid got the shock of his life just touching one of those doors! I was even hurt! Do you care at all!” Taken aback by her emotional tirade Hiram could only stand there. How could he go against Gaiasm’s instructions? How could he explain what he felt? Hanging his head so that he couldn’t look into her eyes, he told Brigid that she would have to wait. “You will know when the time comes”, was the only thing he could think to say. Turning he sped up till he was once again walking just behind Gaiasm. “Following like a puppy”, Brigid said, her voice full of pity.
Once they arrived back at the village, the somber attitude and silence continued. Hiram made himself scarce, in an attempt to avoid any more prying questions. Gaiasm, too, appeared to have vanished. Brigid sought out Ovid and then continued her tirade. “It’s just not right, him leaving us in the dark like this. We are all apart of a team here. I won’t allow him to cut us off like that!” “What is it with you?” Ovid asked. “Chill out! We asked, no, we begged, to go along with Gaiasm and Hiram, to the temple. There were obvious dangers. Besides, we are guests here; stop acting like everyone owes you something! What’s gotten into you?” “What are you talking about?” Brigid snapped back, “I see you’re taking his side now. You men are all alike. Remind me not to ever join you on anoth…” Brigid stopped in mid sentence. Ovid, having been facing the forest during the rant, now turned to see why Brigid had stopped. She was on the ground, not moving. “BRIGID”, Ovid screamed as he ran over to her. She was not conscious, and her breathing was labored. He put his hand to her forehead to find she was burning up with fever. “HIRAM! GAIASM! HELP! SOMEONE!!” he yelled. He heard foot steps coming quickly. Hiram appeared followed by Gaiasm and some of the villagers. “I don’t know what happened!” Ovid spit out, “One minute she is reading me the riot act the next she is out like a light!” The gathered villagers help move her to the closest dwelling and put her on a cot. Gaiasm said something to one of the villagers who quickly left. She then took some water from a pitcher she found nearby and dampened a cloth to place on Brigid’s forehead. That is when she saw it, confirming her thoughts. A bite mark on the side of Brigid’s neck indicated that she had, in fact been bitten by a Jahut, a very pesky and troublesome insect but, thankfully, not fatal. She shared her findings with Ovid and Hiram. They looked somewhat relieved by the news and at least stopped pacing the room. “Maybe this explains her foul mood” Ovid remarked. “Yes”, Gaiasm said, “That is one of the affects of the toxin the Jahut injects into its victim. She will be more herself after a complete cycle of the sun. I suggest that we let her rest. Terrash, here, will watch over her and keep us apprised of her condition.” With that, the group, reluctantly, filed out of the hut and gathered, close by, sitting around the village well, only twenty meters from the hut, quiet and waiting.

As some of the students gather to begin preparing the evening meal Gaiasm excused herself from the group. “I must leave now and seek counsel. Know that Brigid is being well cared for so there is no need to worry. I shall be back.”
Hiram nodded his head but it was clear he was not listening to what Gaiasm was saying. It was clear that he had something on his mind more important than what was being said. Worried concern was what Ovid saw when he looked at Hiram. But he doubted that concern was for Brigid.

“Just go do what ever it is you need to do.” Ovid stated to Gaiasm. “I’m sure we can get along without you by our sides. That is unless another native creature decides to bite one of us.”

Anger had joined Ovid’s worry. Brigid had been hurt, he felt, because they had come ill prepared for what they might find when they linked here. Also it seemed as if Hiram had begun to change after going off with Gaiasm that first time. What had she done? Or was it this place? And what was he hiding from them? All these questions ran in a circle within his mind, only causing him to become more angry. Angry at himself, Hiram, Gaiasm and Shahshtul. He watched as Gaiasm left, and hoped it would be some time before she returned. Maybe by that time, Hiram would have answered some of his questions and start acting as their leader, not some persons lap dog.

"What is it with you Hiram?" Ovid asked, somewhat curtly, "You have become another person in the past few days; I hardly recognize you! We seem to be less and less a concern for you the more time you spend with 'That Woman!'" Ovid almost spat out that last part... "You need to take a step back, Ovid, and loose the attitude while you are at it." Hiram began, "We are here to observe and learn. I'm sorry, that for some unexplained reason, I seemed to be tied to this place. I'm sorry that you are not! You might understand better, if you were, what I am trying to deal with. The information we are going to go back with, because of this connection, will prove to be most valuable. I can't tell you where this is going but I plan on sticking around to take this too a conclusion. If that means you all have to go back at some point, and report in, so be it." Ovid just sat and stared at Hiram, not totally believing all he was hearing. "Stick around?" Ovid replied. "How long do you plan on doing this? "As long as it takes." Hiram answered. "This whole situation has stirred up things in me that I want answers for as well. I'm sorry you don't share in my enthusiasm. If you feel you have had enough, let me know, and we can arrange for you to go back." Ovid sat there, speechless. Obviously not a happy camper. He slowly stood and started to walk away. "I'm going to check on Brigid." he stated as he disappeared into Brigid's hut.

As the night marched on towards dawn, Ovid never left the hut that Brigid was in. The fact that he had stayed had little to do with his concern for her. Don’t get him wrong... he does care for her. They have been a member of this team, along with Hiram, since the day they joined the DRC. No.... it was just the fact that he couldn’t bring himself to face either Hiram or Gaiasm. He needed time to clear his head, to cool off, before he chanced running into one of them. If he didn’t he know he would punch someone, namely Hiram.

Come morning if Brigid was up to it, Ovid decided, the two of them would discuss what they should do next. Whether they stayed or left, it was up to them only for clearly Hiram no longer felt that he was a part of their group. More and more it seemed as if he thought them below him.
“Well” Ovid said “I will just wait till Brigid can help me figure out what to do with him.” With that decided Ovid walked to the opening of the hut and watched the sun rise.

Hiram was wakened by a sliver of light dancing on his face, that had sneaked through the partially closed doorway covering. He turned his head, trying to remove it and get some more sleep but it was no use. He slowly rolled out of bed and went to the doorway, moving aside the curtains at the door and letting the light flood in. Looking across the central area, he noticed Ovid standing in the doorway to Brigid's hut. He must have stayed with her all night, Hiram thought. Ovid disappeared back into the hut as he noticed Hiram's glance. Hiram sighed. "How am I going to make this right?" he thought, "Have I really changed as much as Ovid claims? I really don't feel any different." He exited the hut and briefly considered visiting, Brigid but thought better of it, at least while Ovid was there. No need to stir up anything this early in the morning. He walked the opposite direction, coming upon Gaiasm, sitting by the cooking area. She looked deep in thought and Hiram thought not to disturb her. Before he could divert, once again, Gaiasm greeted him. "Shorah and Good Day to you Hiram." Hiram looked over and attempted a smile. "Come, sit. What seems to be troubling you?" Gaiasm moved a little, making room for Hiram. "Well..." Hiram started, as he parked himself on the bench. "It seems my friends think I have changed and that I now think I'm too good for them. I don't feel that way, I really don't!" "I seems your friends are a little more observant than you may give them credit." Gaiasm continued. "You have changed and continue to do so as you learn more about your core being. It is all for the good, you will see." "But I don't want to change. I like who I am!! Hiram replied in an almost whine. "Well, it is too late for that." Gaiasm continued, "As I said, this is a good thing. I think we all need to get together, possibly at breakfast, and discuss this. You will need your friends support. They need to understand what is happening. I think that is the problem, I fear. they feel as though they are being left out of what is happening here. That needs to be corrected before anymore feelings are hurt. They are all a part of this, it is time they understood." "THEY understood!?", Hiram blurted out. "It would be nice if even I understood!!" "You will", Gaiasm said calmly, "You will."

Platters of sliced fruit and fresh fish were brought to Gaiasm and Hiram. Hiram took the platter offered to him, though he did not feel much like eating at the moment. Deciding that he should go see how Brigid was this morning, and talk to both her and Ovid while he was there, he sat his food down.
As he started to rise, Gaiasm laid a hand on his arm.“This is not the time.” she stated. “Wait for them to come out. That is when they will be willing to listen, not a moment before.”
Nodding his head, Hiram sat back down . “Yes,” he said, as he picked up his platter, “ your right. It might be best if I do wait.” He sat in silence for a bit, then began to nibble on his breakfast. His eyes kept straying to the hut where Ovid and Brigid were.
After some time Ovid came out. Walking towards the tables that were now laden with food. He made a point of not looking at either Hiram or Gaiasm. Looking over what was there was to choose from, he picked some fruit for himself and asked it there was any bread, that he might take to Brigid. “Take this jug of water and the fruit you have” said Terrash, “I will bring something for your friend to eat in a moment. Till then she is to have only water.” Thanking her, Ovid walked back to the hut. Before letting the curtain fall, he glanced towards Hiram. The look in Ovid’s eyes cut deep into Hiram’s heart.

As Ovid's eyes adjusted to the darker interior of the hut, he noticed that Brigid was now awake and sitting up, in bed. A smile came to his face. He walked over and sat on the edge of the bed, taking Brigid's hand, still smiling. "I am so happy to see that you are awake! Here, take some of this." Ovid poured a cup of water from the jug Terrash had given him, and offered it to Brigid. She reached, her hands still trembling a bit, and took it from Ovid. Ovid watched closely, making sure Brigid could handle the weight of the cup and water. As Brigid passed the cup back, she looked into Ovid's eyes and smiled. "You have been so kind to me." she began. "But you must do something for me..." she hesitated a moment, then went on. "You must purge yourself of this hate. I can see and feel it in you. These feelings you have are misguided. Please forgive Hiram, he is not at fault here." "It IS his fault that you are here like this, I cannot!" Ovid spat the words out, his face turning redder has he spoke. Even though speaking was obviously and effort, Brigid continued. "No, I think you need to understand. It truly is not his fault. He is apart of something grand. More than he could have ever imagined. And..." Brigid continued as quickly as she could, before Ovid could interject something... "I truly believe that we, too, are to take a part in whatever is to happen. We are friends, all of us. Because of this, we are tied in more ways than you can count. PLEASE, open your mind and your heart, Ovid, you too, must be apart of 'this'." Brigid gestured, sweeping her arms outward in an open arc. Ovid was silent a moment, his eyes never leaving Brigid's. "Ok." he started, a bit pensively, "For you, I will try." "No, Ovid." Brigid replied, "It must be for ALL of us, for that is where our strength and power lies." Ovid looked down then back to Brigid. "You know, you should be in politics!" Ovid chuckled. "OK, I guess I have been a bit fast to judge. I will work on my attitude. Ovid paused, then winked at Brigid, "For the team..." Brigid squeezed his hand. "Thank you, dear one. You will see, we are about to take part in something very special, I just know it! Now, if you would be so kind to help me up, I think that I am ready for something more than your water. Please help me up and out to breakfast."

Hiram and Gaiasm, still at the table, were deep in discussion when Hiram felt a hand on his shoulder, somewhat startling him. "Mind if we join you?" It was Brigid and Ovid. Hiram quickly glanced over to Ovid. Ovid smiled and bowed his head. "Of course you can!" replied Hiram. "There is always room at my table for friends." Gaiasm cleared a place for them and they sat. Gaiasm glanced at Hiram and stated simply, "Now, we are ready to talk!"

As the group sat together, heads bowed in conversation, life in the village went on. Breakfast was not a quiet time. Students and teachers alike sat together talking. At one table they might be talking about a medicinal botanical hike planed for the day. At another table you might hear talk about the best place to fish for re’glan or where to trap zylix. So much was going on, but it was all lost to those sitting at the table on the far side.

There was much that Gaiasm needed to say, so much to make clear. How do you make strangers understand that they are part of something better than they ever thought they would be. Just by coming to Shahshtul they have become a part of this life. This age has a way of getting into a person’s soul and it has begun with them. Hiram felt it first, but that was to be expected. Brigid was next. And thanks to her unfortunate run-in with the insect, though she did not know it, she was able to open Ovid’s heart to Shahshtul.

Now it was up to Gaiasm to give them understanding.

All eyes were on Gaiasm as she started to speak. It seemed that maybe they were truly ready to listen; to actually HEAR her. She looked from one to another, simply smiling. “We have come quite a distance, the three of us.” She started. “We have some distance to travel and I think that you all are ready for the next journey. You see, even thought you have come to the conclusion that Hiram was alone in his connection with our people, he is only a part of it, a third, if you will. You all have a connection to the future, our future, and I hope you choose to take part. This in not something that is mandatory, your assistance must be offered voluntarily and openly. Your energy is priceless. It will help us to reconnect with our past, and, it seems, your distant past, perhaps, too. After the fall of D’ni, the inhabitants linked to many Ages to get away from the death and destruction that was moving throughout the city. After time, it seems, some still had the ability to create Ages and were doing so.” Gaiasm paused, noticing the sort of blank look on the faces that were staring back at her. “You DO, know of the D’ni?” she queried, “ I was under the impression that was one of the reasons that you were here…” She trailed off. Hiram spoke up before the others, “Well, um, if you know that, why have you not mentioned any of this before? Brought up the D’ni before? “Well,” Gaiasm continued, it seemed that you were not all ready to hear it! I think you would agree with me. Now, however, it seems that you are more receptive. No?” She looked around as heads nodded in various directions, trying to indicate an affirmative response. “OK then!” Gaiasm laughed. “I would like to take you all back to the temple. This time,” she directed her comment toward Brigid, we will avoid the local insect population!” In one of the chambers, we have, what I think you refer to as, a linking book. No one has used it because of the inscription on the pedestal.” Ovid was the first to vocalize this time. “Ahhh, what kind of inscription. What would it have to do with us?” “Well,” Gaiasm answered, “It says ‘Only with the help of The Three may you make this Journey.’ I am certain, now, that you are ‘The Three’!” As, one by one, Hiriam, Brigid and Ovid removed theirs jaws from the table top, Ovid spoke. “How can you be certain? What if we aren’t? What then? Would we be in danger?” Gaiasm’s expression changed a bit as she answered. “Where I can’t promise that there is no risk involved here, I do believe that if you’re are not The Three, then the book will do nothing for us. I will be there with you and go with you, providing that you care to try.” This time Brigid spoke up. “Of course we will! This could be the opportunity of a life time.” The others nodded in agreement. “Well then,” Gaiasm concluded here speech, “let us meet at mid-day, here, and travel to the obelisk. I have a feeling that this time, you will be able to transport yourselves, with no help from Hiram or myself..” The group stood up, obviously excited about what may be ahead. “We ARE doing the right thing, right?” Ovid asked the other two. “I think so.” Brigid replied. “Besides, if we are not this “Three” as she referred to, it sounds like nothing is going to happen and we will be back here for dinner by sunset!” The others, including Gaiasm, laughed. With that, Gaiasm waved at the group and walked away. “I guess we have a little time to kill.” Ovid stated, “Let’s go down to the river.” In agreement, Brigid and Hiram followed him down the path, leading away from the village.

The air was clear, the water cool and bright down at the river. Hiram had brought with him the fishing pole he had fabricated since his arrival. Without even baiting the hook, he sat down on the bank and dropped his line into the water. Ovid went a bit down stream and was skipping rocks across the rippling surface of the river. Brigid had found a big rock, sitting in the shade of a rather large tree, and decided to sit on top of it and watch the scene before her. The trio had been at the river about 30 minutes, when a messenger from the village appeared. "Gaiasm asked that I find you." he started. "She has just gotten word that a close member of her family has pasted so she will be delayed a bit. She has gone to the shrine, to light a candle for her and asks that you join her there, when you are able. She left something for you, as well, in your huts, to bring with you." With the message delivered, the runner turned and disappeared up the path. The group looked at each other. Brigid spoke first. “Well, I think we need to go and join Gaiasm, sounds like she could use our support about now. Besides, I wonder what she has left for us…” The group gathered themselves and headed back to the village. “Let’s meet back at the dining area.” Hiram said. The others nodded in agreement as they all went off to their respective huts. Moments later they gathered, all holding a white candle. They silently headed off, through the woods, to the obelisk. Brigid was a bit anxious as she approached their destination. Sensing this, both Ovid and Hiram grabbed her hands as they approached the stone object in the clearing. “Well” Hiram stated, “Let’s see if you guys can go through on your own! Who wants to try first?” Ovid stepped forward, smiled at Hiram and Brigid, and then placed his hand onto the stone surface. Within seconds he had vanished, leaving only a glowing orb, which, too, faded from sight. “I guess I’m next.” Brigid said, as she approached the obelisk. “See you on the other side!” Hiram chuckled and waved as Brigid followed Ovid, and vanished. Hiram hesitated a moment, looking around the clearing. Across the openness, Pundada was standing. “Please give my well-wishes to Gaiasm” he stated, then turned and went back into the forest.

As Hiram materialized into the shrines main chamber, he could see Ovid, Brigid and Gaiasm in an embrace across the room. He walked across to them and joined in. “I am so glad you came so quickly, I had not expected it.” Gaiasm started. “This means more to me than I can express. Please join me in the remembrance ceremony.” She directed the group to a stone platform, set into one of the chambers walls. In front of it were three rows of stone benches. As they walked to the platform, Hiram shared with Gaiasm the comments from Pundada. “Thank you, Hiram.” Gaiasm replied. “Pundada is a special soul.” Gaiasm continued, “Alright, please place your candles here.” Gaiasm indicated a location on the platform. All three followed suit and placed their candles, in a orderly line, following the example of Gaiasm. “Now”, Gaiasm went on, "let us sit here.” She indicated the stone bench in the first row. As they were sitting, Ovid was about to ask about lighting the candles but Gaiasm spoke first. “Now, in remembrance, let us take each others hand.” As she said this, her candle’s flamed leaped to life. As each member of the trio grabbed the next person’s hand, their candle lit in turn. Ovid was amazed and also glad he had not asked his question. “Now,” Gaiasm paused, “I would like to share with you the life that was my aunt…” Brigid glanced over to see a tear fall from Gaiasm’s cheek.

This post has been edited by Tijara: Feb 7 2008, 08:43 AM

--------------------

Ki# 651166
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gaiasmaiden
post Aug 13 2005, 11:33 AM
Post #2

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 2,450

Part One

Part Two ==>
Click here to view a spoiler.

As Hiram materialized into the shrines main chamber, he could see Ovid, Brigid and Gaiasm in an embrace across the room. He walked across to them and joined in. “I am so glad you came so quickly, I had not expected it.” Gaiasm started. “This means more to me than I can express. Please join me in the remembrance ceremony.” She directed the group to a stone platform, set into one of the chambers walls. In front of it were three rows of stone benches. As they walked to the platform, Hiram shared with Gaiasm the comments from Pundada. “Thank you, Hiram.” Gaiasm replied. “Pundada is a special soul.” Gaiasm continued, “Alright, please place your candles here.” Gaiasm indicated a location on the platform. All three followed suit and placed their candles, in a orderly line, following the example of Gaiasm. “Now”, Gaiasm went on, "let us sit here.” She indicated the stone bench in the first row. As they were sitting, Ovid was about to ask about lighting the candles but Gaiasm spoke first. “Now, in remembrance, let us take each others hand.” As she said this, her candle’s flamed leaped to life. As each member of the trio grabbed the next person’s hand, their candle lit in turn. Ovid was amazed and also glad he had not asked his question. “Now,” Gaiasm paused, “I would like to share with you the life that was my aunt…” Brigid glanced over to see a tear fall from Gaiasm’s cheek.

“Where to begin? Let me start by saying something about my family. Here it is not usual for two families to join together. Once there has been a partnering that is the end; even if there is a death or the two adults agree to split. My parents did split when I was but 2 cycles, as we measure time.
I and my two sisters stayed with my father. He left one day to visit the village, where he grew up. When he came back, he brought the woman he was taking as a new mate, which is not common at all. She had two daughters. We combined to make one family. Now you must know that my fathers family wasn’t happy with what he had done, so we had little to no contact with them. Not so my new mother’s family. We were taken in as part of the family and given all the love that they could give.” Gaiasm’s eyes had that faraway look as she continued her story.

“During the high season we would go to the village, Ttalla, to stay with my new mother’s family. Her brother and his wife would always make room for us to stay with them. Oh the fun we had with my uncle and aunt’s three children. They had two girls, about the age of my four sisters, and one son, who was close to my age. We children would play the whole day, running through the fields and forest that was around the village. We also got up to mischief. If it wasn’t for my aunt, we would have gotten into all kinds of trouble.” A small smile began to form as Gaiasm went on. “Mot, that was her name, was one of us kids in so many ways. This is not to say she was a child, but she did like to have fun. She would spend many a night with us telling stories and playing games. She would even play a few tricks on us. Such a happy time we had. For me this was my second home. “

“Do not think that Mot was all games, because she wasn’t. She would also take us to the ceremonies given by the local priestess. Mot would make sure we understood the importance of the words and motions. If not for her teachings, I might not have been chosen to be a priestess. I thanked her, every time I came back, for all she did for me and my sisters. My sisters stopped coming to visit as they grew up and became mated, but I found the time, even when I was at the schooling village.” Now the tears of before returned, and Gaiasm’s voice became low. “As the cycles past, my active aunt became to slow down. She began to have pain in her body. One day she was found on the floor of her hut. They tell me that she looked somewhere between life and death. The healers could do nothing for her. She had to come back to us through her own will. When she at last opened her eyes, the fire was no longer there. She lived many cycles but never regained the life that had been lost. A few days ago she called her family together to say good-bye; she knew it was time. I was unable to get to her, but I did feel when she pasted. And now all I have of this strong fiery red-head are my memories. The sound of her laugh, her voice, as she sang, still are with me, as are the vision of her smile. I carry with me the most important thing that she taught me.... Love all those that cross your path, even if they might try to cause you harm. Be angry for their actions but give them of your heart, so that they may one day understand a greater love.” At this point Gaiasm could no longer talk. She dropped to the floor and began to cry as though she was a child. Hiram, Ovid and Brigid could not see the High Priestess that was Gaiasm, but instead the child of those many years ago.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rex Havoc
post Aug 13 2005, 06:09 PM
Post #3

Retired GuildMaster
Group Icon

Part One

Part Two

“Where to begin? Let me start by saying something about my family. Here it is not usual for two families to join together. Once there has been a partnering that is the end; even if there is a death or the two adults agree to split. My parents did split when I was but 2 cycles, as we measure time.
I and my two sisters stayed with my father. He left one day to visit the village, where he grew up. When he came back, he brought the woman he was taking as a new mate, which is not common at all. She had two daughters. We combined to make one family. Now you must know that my fathers family wasn’t happy with what he had done, so we had little to no contact with them. Not so my new mother’s family. We were taken in as part of the family and given all the love that they could give.” Gaiasm’s eyes had that faraway look as she continued her story.

“During the high season we would go to the village, Ttalla, to stay with my new mother’s family. Her brother and his wife would always make room for us to stay with them. Oh the fun we had with my uncle and aunt’s three children. They had two girls, about the age of my four sisters, and one son, who was close to my age. We children would play the whole day, running through the fields and forest that was around the village. We also got up to mischief. If it wasn’t for my aunt, we would have gotten into all kinds of trouble.” A small smile began to form as Gaiasm went on. “Mot, that was her name, was one of us kids in so many ways. This is not to say she was a child, but she did like to have fun. She would spend many a night with us telling stories and playing games. She would even play a few tricks on us. Such a happy time we had. For me this was my second home. “

“Do not think that Mot was all games, because she wasn’t. She would also take us to the ceremonies given by the local priestess. Mot would make sure we understood the importance of the words and motions. If not for her teachings, I might not have been chosen to be a priestess. I thanked her, every time I came back, for all she did for me and my sisters. My sisters stopped coming to visit as they grew up and became mated, but I found the time, even when I was at the schooling village.” Now the tears of before returned, and Gaiasm’s voice became low. “As the cycles past, my active aunt became to slow down. She began to have pain in her body. One day she was found on the floor of her hut. They tell me that she looked somewhere between life and death. The healers could do nothing for her. She had to come back to us through her own will. When she at last opened her eyes, the fire was no longer there. She lived many cycles but never regained the life that had been lost. A few days ago she called her family together to say good-bye; she knew it was time. I was unable to get to her, but I did feel when she pasted. And now all I have of this strong fiery red-head are my memories. The sound of her laugh, her voice, as she sang, still are with me, as are the vision of her smile. I carry with me the most important thing that she taught me.... Love all those that cross your path, even if they might try to cause you harm. Be angry for their actions but give them of your heart, so that they may one day understand a greater love.” At this point Gaiasm could no longer talk. She dropped to the floor and began to cry as though she was a child. Hiram, Ovid and Brigid could not see the High Priestess that was Gaiasm, but instead the child of those many years ago.

Hiram, Brigid and Ovid looked at each other, not sure what to do. Brigid got down on the floor, next to Gaiasm and motioned the others to join her. She out stretched her arms and the others took hold, forming a circle around Gaiasm. Brigid lowered her head as her tears started to flow. The others soon followed. The Remembrance Ceremony had now become a purging of grief and sadness, often the normal progression of things. This time, however, things were to be a bit different. As the four huddled souls tears mingled on the cobble floor, a bright flash occurred somewhere in the chamber, followed by the sound of stone against stone. The mood of the four quickly changed to fearful inquisitiveness. Ovid raised his head and wiped away the remaining tears. “Was I the only one that heard and saw that?” he asked pensively. The others, including Gaiasm, indicated that he was not. As their eyes went from one to the other, it was quickly obvious that Gaiasm was staring at something. The fact that her mouth was hanging open was yet, another clue. The trio’s eyes followed Gaiasm’s line of sight and soon realized at what she was staring so intently. The wall that had been to the right of the stone ledge, onto which they had placed their candles, had transformed, so to speak, into an open doorway. “I knew nothing of this doorway!” Gaiasm stated rather muted. The group slowly stood and approached the portal. Past the opening was an approximately 30 x 30 x 30 meter chamber. The first thing noted was that the room was not dark. The walls seemed to be giving off a faint bluish glow. Hiram partially entered the room first and ran his hand across the wall, amazed by the light coming from it. He slowly turned and looked across the room, his eyes finally adjusting to the new light level. His jaw dropped. The others, having seen a similar look come across Gaiasm’s face moments before, pushed past him to see also. As there eyes adjusted too, it became quiet clear the cause of Hiram’s condition. Across the room was a stone pedestal. Upon this pedestal was an open book. And upon the right hand page of this book was a panel that was glowing…

--------------------

Ki# 651166

+Quote Post
Rex Havoc
post Aug 14 2005, 05:24 PM
Post #4

Retired GuildMaster
Group Icon

Part One

Part Two

Hiram, Brigid and Ovid looked at each other, not sure what to do. Brigid got down on the floor, next to Gaiasm and motioned the others to join her. She out stretched her arms and the others took hold, forming a circle around Gaiasm. Brigid lowered her head as her tears started to flow. The others soon followed. The Remembrance Ceremony had now become a purging of grief and sadness, often the normal progression of things. This time, however, things were to be a bit different. As the four huddled souls tears mingled on the cobble floor, a bright flash occurred somewhere in the chamber, followed by the sound of stone against stone. The mood of the four quickly changed to fearful inquisitiveness. Ovid raised his head and wiped away the remaining tears. “Was I the only one that heard and saw that?” he asked pensively. The others, including Gaiasm, indicated that he was not. As their eyes went from one to the other, it was quickly obvious that Gaiasm was staring at something. The fact that her mouth was hanging open was yet, another clue. The trio’s eyes followed Gaiasm’s line of sight and soon realized at what she was staring so intently. The wall that had been to the right of the stone ledge, onto which they had placed their candles, had transformed, so to speak, into an open doorway. “I knew nothing of this doorway!” Gaiasm stated rather muted. The group slowly stood and approached the portal. Past the opening was an approximately 30 x 30 x 30 meter chamber. The first thing noted was that the room was not dark. The walls seemed to be giving off a faint bluish glow. Hiram partially entered the room first and ran his hand across the wall, amazed by the light coming from it. He slowly turned and looked across the room, his eyes finally adjusting to the new light level. His jaw dropped. The others, having seen a similar look come across Gaiasm’s face moments before, pushed past him to see also. As there eyes adjusted too, it became quiet clear the cause of Hiram’s condition. Across the room was a stone pedestal. Upon this pedestal was an open book. And upon the right hand page of this book was a panel that was glowing…

All four walked across the small chamber to look at the book. Once they had reached the pedestal, they could clearly see that the panel was a picture. There was text on the left page that resembled the script that the trio had seen on the walls of the shrine. “Can you read this?” Brigid asked of Gaiasm. “Yes, most of it, anyway.” She replied. “This appears to be a Linking Book to the D’ni city itself! This is quite amazing. I am not quite sure what part if the city, however.” Ovid had backed away from the crowd at the pedestal and had started examining the chamber itself. He was fascinated by the light coming from the walls and, being the inquisitive soul, could not help trying to figure out how it was done. As he went around the room he noticed a small niche cut into an adjacent wall, in it was another book; this one closed. Before he mentioned this latest find, he noticed that there was script engraved into the wall itself, over the book. As Ovid glanced over at the rest of the group, hovered over the open Linking Book, he noticed script engraved into the wall behind the pedestal, as well. “Um, guys?” Ovid said softly but with no response. “Guys!!” he repeated a little more emphatically. This time, three heads turned toward his location. “I seem to have found another book, here in the wall.” He started. “Also, there seems to be writing on this wall here…” Ovid pointed at the script over the niche. “As well as on the wall in front of you.” The three at the pedestal looked up in unison and stared at the wall in front of them. “Please tell us what they say, Gaiasm.” Hiram almost pleaded. Gaiasm studied the wall at the pedestal for what seemed like an eternity to the others. “Well,” she started. “I believe it says ‘The combining of the four is complete. Now move as one, discover as one, learn as one. Lessons chosen wisely give the greatest rewards.’” She glanced to her left at the niche wall. The engraving was much shorter there. “That seems to say ‘The completion of the Circle begins with a touch.’ My guess is that that is the Linking Book that will return us to this shrine and must be taken with us, should we choose to Link.” Hiram, Ovid and Brigid stared at Gaiasm as if she had grown a second head. “Of course we are going to Link; how could you think otherwise?!” Brigid asked in a some what incredulous tone. “We know nothing about what is actually at the location to which that book would take us. That is why I give pause to our decision. The people of D’ni have been gone from this place for many years.” Gaiasm replied. “Regardless, if we do choose to go, we must bring with us provisions to serve us at least 2 days. We need to return to the village and discuss our actions further. If we decide to go, and we must decide as a group, I believe, we can pack our necessities and return. Hiram, Brigid and Ovid, finally gleaned a little wisdom from what Gaiasm was saying, realizing that this room, along with its Linking Books was not going anywhere. Preparation was important and after all, they had come here to learn. They would want to bring with them at least some of the tools that they had arrived with. With some reservations, the three exited the room, following Gaiasm to the obelisk in the shrines main chamber. With no discussion, each reached up and touched the stone surface, returning them to the clearing in the wood. They were surprised to discover sunset had long since come and gone. At the edge of the clearing sat four lanterns. Pundada had obviously left these for them to help them get back to the village, safely. Each grabbed a lamp and headed down the path to the village.

--------------------

Ki# 651166

+Quote Post
Rex Havoc
post Aug 23 2005, 08:17 PM
Post #5

Retired GuildMaster
Group Icon

Part One

Part Two

All four walked across the small chamber to look at the book. Once they had reached the pedestal, they could clearly see that the panel was a picture. There was text on the left page that resembled the script that the trio had seen on the walls of the shrine. “Can you read this?” Brigid asked of Gaiasm. “Yes, most of it, anyway.” She replied. “This appears to be a Linking Book to the D’ni city itself! This is quite amazing. I am not quite sure what part if the city, however.” Ovid had backed away from the crowd at the pedestal and had started examining the chamber itself. He was fascinated by the light coming from the walls and, being the inquisitive soul, could not help trying to figure out how it was done. As he went around the room he noticed a small niche cut into an adjacent wall, in it was another book; this one closed. Before he mentioned this latest find, he noticed that there was script engraved into the wall itself, over the book. As Ovid glanced over at the rest of the group, hovered over the open Linking Book, he noticed script engraved into the wall behind the pedestal, as well. “Um, guys?” Ovid said softly but with no response. “Guys!!” he repeated a little more emphatically. This time, three heads turned toward his location. “I seem to have found another book, here in the wall.” He started. “Also, there seems to be writing on this wall here…” Ovid pointed at the script over the niche. “As well as on the wall in front of you.” The three at the pedestal looked up in unison and stared at the wall in front of them. “Please tell us what they say, Gaiasm.” Hiram almost pleaded. Gaiasm studied the wall at the pedestal for what seemed like an eternity to the others. “Well,” she started. “I believe it says ‘The combining of the four is complete. Now move as one, discover as one, learn as one. Lessons chosen wisely give the greatest rewards.’” She glanced to her left at the niche wall. The engraving was much shorter there. “That seems to say ‘The completion of the Circle begins with a touch.’ My guess is that that is the Linking Book that will return us to this shrine and must be taken with us, should we choose to Link.” Hiram, Ovid and Brigid stared at Gaiasm as if she had grown a second head. “Of course we are going to Link; how could you think otherwise?!” Brigid asked in a some what incredulous tone. “We know nothing about what is actually at the location to which that book would take us. That is why I give pause to our decision. The people of D’ni have been gone from this place for many years.” Gaiasm replied. “Regardless, if we do choose to go, we must bring with us provisions to serve us at least 2 days. We need to return to the village and discuss our actions further. If we decide to go, and we must decide as a group, I believe, we can pack our necessities and return. Hiram, Brigid and Ovid, finally gleaned a little wisdom from what Gaiasm was saying, realizing that this room, along with its Linking Books was not going anywhere. Preparation was important and after all, they had come here to learn. They would want to bring with them at least some of the tools that they had arrived with. With some reservations, the three exited the room, following Gaiasm to the obelisk in the shrines main chamber. With no discussion, each reached up and touched the stone surface, returning them to the clearing in the wood. They were surprised to discover sunset had long since come and gone. At the edge of the clearing sat four lanterns. Pundada had obviously left these for them to help them get back to the village, safely. Each grabbed a lamp and headed down the path to the village.

The trip through the darkened forest seemed to take longer than usual. The fact that all four were exhausted from a very emotional and busy day did not seem to be taken into account by anyone. They arrived at the village to find it and its inhabitants fast asleep. “Considering the hour and the day we have had, I suggest that we all go to our respective huts and get some sleep.” Ovid was making a face, exaggerated by the flickering light of his lantern. Noticing this, Gaiasm continued. “Worry not, Ovid, for we will return, soon enough. It is important that we return rested, for we know nothing of what the day might hold for us, once we Link. I suggest we meet for morning meal at first light. We will be able to plan better on a full stomach!” Ovid was smiling now, beginning to feel the affects of the day and realizing that Gaiasm was correct. “Off we go then, the sooner, the quicker!!” Brigid shot Gaiasm a puzzled glance after that last comment, then, headed off to her hut, as did the others. Despite the level of anticipation for the coming day, each of the three was fast asleep. Gaiasm, though, had a harder time of it. She realized, more than the others, that while the coming day may have its exciting side, the element of danger was very real. There was no way of telling what they would find upon Linking. She decided right then, that she would insist on being the first, the others having to wait until she returned to let them know all was safe or was not. With that decided, Gaiasm allowed herself to fall asleep.

Ovid found himself dreaming wildly. He was trying to get through a thickly wooded area with little success. The bugs were ferocious. Biting him on his arms and legs, they seemed not to relent. “OUCH!!!” He woke with a start and sat up quickly, swatting at his arm. Brigid was there, laughing. “Something biting you?” She kept giggling as she pinched his arm again. “Really funny”, Ovid claimed as he tried to wipe the sleep from his eyes. It can’t be time to get up! It still looks dark out!” “Oh, but the sun is just starting to show itself.” Brigid answered. “The others are already gathered for morning meal. Hurry up and get dressed Bug Man, and meet us at the dining area.” Brigid continued laughing as she exited the hut. Ovid, still not quite seeing the humor, dragged himself out of bed and into his clothes. He reached the dining area a few moments later. “Well, good morning sleepy one.” Gaiasm said as she moved in a bit to make room for him. Hiram started making buzzing sounds. The whole table burst into laughter, this time including Ovid. “OK, OK, ha ha! Can we get on with this?” Ovid was obviously ready for this part of his morning to be behind him!

Gaiasm shared with the group her thoughts and plans for their initial Link. She was sure she would receive a great deal of resistance, yet none came. The group of three had truly come along way since there initial arrival. They all understood her concern and agreed, though were a little bothered by Gaiasm possibly putting herself in harms way, for them. They made short order of their meal and gathered provisions as Gaiasm had directed. By the time the sun had fully risen above the horizon, they were in route to the clearing in the woods. “This trip is much shorter during the day!” Brigid thought to herself, as they arrived at their destination, seemingly in half the time of the previous nights trek. One by one they transported to the Shrine.

Gaiasm was the last to make the trip. When she arrived, she found all three gathered at the open doorway. She was a bit relived to actually see it there, still open. She did have a bit of doubt that it might actually close again before they returned. This thought, of course, she had kept to herself! “Alright, since I know we are all eager to get started, let me get started.” If Gaiasm was nervous or scared by what she was about to do, she hid it very well. She walked over to the niche in the wall and removed the closed Linking Book and placed it in her knapsack. “Alright,” she said as she glanced at each one in turn, “I will be back in a moment, the Prophets willing.” With no time for comment, she reached out and placed her hand on the panel of the open book, vanishing. A few minutes later she reappeared, looking no worse for wear. “Well, I see no problems. I believe this book takes us to the Library. This should allow us, hopefully, to learn a great deal without having to travel a great distance, at least by foot!” She smiled and continued. “I will be the last person, this time, and follow you all to the Library.” With little hesitation, the three stepped up and Linked from the chamber, followed closely by Gaiasm.

--------------------

Ki# 651166

+Quote Post
Rex Havoc
post Aug 27 2005, 11:11 PM
Post #6

Retired GuildMaster
Group Icon

Part One

Part Two

The trip through the darkened forest seemed to take longer than usual. The fact that all four were exhausted from a very emotional and busy day did not seem to be taken into account by anyone. They arrived at the village to find it and its inhabitants fast asleep. “Considering the hour and the day we have had, I suggest that we all go to our respective huts and get some sleep.” Ovid was making a face, exaggerated by the flickering light of his lantern. Noticing this, Gaiasm continued. “Worry not, Ovid, for we will return, soon enough. It is important that we return rested, for we know nothing of what the day might hold for us, once we Link. I suggest we meet for morning meal at first light. We will be able to plan better on a full stomach!” Ovid was smiling now, beginning to feel the affects of the day and realizing that Gaiasm was correct. “Off we go then, the sooner, the quicker!!” Brigid shot Gaiasm a puzzled glance after that last comment, then, headed off to her hut, as did the others. Despite the level of anticipation for the coming day, each of the three was fast asleep. Gaiasm, though, had a harder time of it. She realized, more than the others, that while the coming day may have its exciting side, the element of danger was very real. There was no way of telling what they would find upon Linking. She decided right then, that she would insist on being the first, the others having to wait until she returned to let them know all was safe or was not. With that decided, Gaiasm allowed herself to fall asleep.

Ovid found himself dreaming wildly. He was trying to get through a thickly wooded area with little success. The bugs were ferocious. Biting him on his arms and legs, they seemed not to relent. “OUCH!!!” He woke with a start and sat up quickly, swatting at his arm. Brigid was there, laughing. “Something biting you?” She kept giggling as she pinched his arm again. “Really funny”, Ovid claimed as he tried to wipe the sleep from his eyes. It can’t be time to get up! It still looks dark out!” “Oh, but the sun is just starting to show itself.” Brigid answered. “The others are already gathered for morning meal. Hurry up and get dressed Bug Man, and meet us at the dining area.” Brigid continued laughing as she exited the hut. Ovid, still not quite seeing the humor, dragged himself out of bed and into his clothes. He reached the dining area a few moments later. “Well, good morning sleepy one.” Gaiasm said as she moved in a bit to make room for him. Hiram started making buzzing sounds. The whole table burst into laughter, this time including Ovid. “OK, OK, ha ha! Can we get on with this?” Ovid was obviously ready for this part of his morning to be behind him!

Gaiasm shared with the group her thoughts and plans for their initial Link. She was sure she would receive a great deal of resistance, yet none came. The group of three had truly come along way since there initial arrival. They all understood her concern and agreed, though were a little bothered by Gaiasm possibly putting herself in harms way, for them. They made short order of their meal and gathered provisions as Gaiasm had directed. By the time the sun had fully risen above the horizon, they were in route to the clearing in the woods. “This trip is much shorter during the day!” Brigid thought to herself, as they arrived at their destination, seemingly in half the time of the previous nights trek. One by one they transported to the Shrine.

Gaiasm was the last to make the trip. When she arrived, she found all three gathered at the open doorway. She was a bit relived to actually see it there, still open. She did have a bit of doubt that it might actually close again before they returned. This thought, of course, she had kept to herself! “Alright, since I know we are all eager to get started, let me get started.” If Gaiasm was nervous or scared by what she was about to do, she hid it very well. She walked over to the niche in the wall and removed the closed Linking Book and placed it in her knapsack. “Alright,” she said as she glanced at each one in turn, “I will be back in a moment, the Prophets willing.” With no time for comment, she reached out and placed her hand on the panel of the open book, vanishing. A few minutes later she reappeared, looking no worse for wear. “Well, I see no problems. I believe this book takes us to the Library. This should allow us, hopefully, to learn a great deal without having to travel a great distance, at least by foot!” She smiled and continued. “I will be the last person, this time, and follow you all to the Library.” With little hesitation, the three stepped up and Linked from the chamber, followed closely by Gaiasm.

They all appeared on what seemed to be the main level of the Library, just to the left of a set of double doors. Ovid walked over to them, as Gaiasm appeared, to see where they led. There was no knob on either of the doors and pushing on them had no effect. “I believe those are the exit doors, Ovid.” Gaiasm stated as she watched Ovid attempting to open both of the doors. Ovid gave one last push, then walked back over to the group. They looked around their surroundings; the Library was a multi-level building with a circular staircase, centered in the building, which led to the lower levels. Along the wall of the main level were many pedestals, just like the one that held the book that took them here, some of which, also contained open linking books. Brigid had wondered over to examine one of the books. “Be sure not to touch that!” Gaiasm directed toward Brigid, “that goes for everyone! Don’t touch any of the Linking Books here, as you might not have a way back! This book here,” Gaiasm pointed to the pedestal and book closest to the left door, “is our way back home, just so that you know. I think you will find logs and journals as well as reference books on the other levels.” Ovid decided to start at the bottom and work his way back to the top. He started down the stairs and went down three levels. As he reached the landing of the last step, he hesitated. A strange feeling passed over him; if he went any further, he might regret it. Shaking off the feeling as ridiculous, he stepped forward. Nothing happened. “Hmm, that was weird.” Ovid thought. “I wonder what that was about!!” Ovid and the rest of the group spent the rest of the morning and a good part of the afternoon going over the books. At mid afternoon, Gaiasm called them all up to the main level. “Since we seem to have plenty to keep us busy for a number of days, I suggest we do our resting at the shrine. We can come back here to work and study, anytime.” The group seemed a little disappointed but realized that the Library was not really set up for extended stays and since they had yet to find a way to get the doors open, Linking back and forth was the logical choice. They stayed an hour or so more, then headed back to the shrine to compare notes and grab a bite to eat. They were all glad they had packed provisions and would not have to be traveling back to the village for a few days.

--------------------

Ki# 651166

+Quote Post
gaiasmaiden
post Aug 29 2005, 02:01 PM
Post #7

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Part One

Part Two

They all appeared on what seemed to be the main level of the Library, just to the left of a set of double doors. Ovid walked over to them, as Gaiasm appeared, to see where they led. There was no knob on either of the doors and pushing on them had no effect. “I believe those are the exit doors, Ovid.” Gaiasm stated as she watched Ovid attempting to open both of the doors. Ovid gave one last push, then walked back over to the group. They looked around their surroundings; the Library was a multi-level building with a circular staircase, centered in the building, which led to the lower levels. Along the wall of the main level were many pedestals, just like the one that held the book that took them here, some of which, also contained open linking books. Brigid had wondered over to examine one of the books. “Be sure not to touch that!” Gaiasm directed toward Brigid, “that goes for everyone! Don’t touch any of the Linking Books here, as you might not have a way back! This book here,” Gaiasm pointed to the pedestal and book closest to the left door, “is our way back home, just so that you know. I think you will find logs and journals as well as reference books on the other levels.” Ovid decided to start at the bottom and work his way back to the top. He started down the stairs and went down three levels. As he reached the landing of the last step, he hesitated. A strange feeling passed over him; if he went any further, he might regret it. Shaking off the feeling as ridiculous, he stepped forward. Nothing happened. “Hmm, that was weird.” Ovid thought. “I wonder what that was about!!” Ovid and the rest of the group spent the rest of the morning and a good part of the afternoon going over the books. At mid afternoon, Gaiasm called them all up to the main level. “Since we seem to have plenty to keep us busy for a number of days, I suggest we do our resting at the shrine. We can come back here to work and study, anytime.” The group seemed a little disappointed but realized that the Library was not really set up for extended stays and since they had yet to find a way to get the doors open, Linking back and forth was the logical choice. They stayed an hour or so more, then headed back to the shrine to compare notes and grab a bite to eat. They were all glad they had packed provisions and would not have to be traveling back to the village for a few days.

Back at the shrine, the group decided to go into another side chamber to eat and pour over the notes that they had taken while at the Library. Entering the room they found a fire was lit for them in the hearth. On a table across from the fire food had been laid out for them.
“You know, I didn’t even know how hungry I was `till I saw this food” Brigid said as she walked over to the table. Ovid followed her over.
Hiram decided he would read over his notes before he ate. He sat down in a chair that looked like something you would find in an English Lord’s Library, not in an Age like Shahshtul. The leather was soft and warm. It felt like the chair was cradling him.
Brigid and Ovid were busy picking what they would eat first. They paid no attention to either Hiram or Gaiasm.
Gaiasm had a puzzled look on her face as she looked at the food on Ovid’s plate. “What is that” she asked pointing.
“What do you mean ‘What’s that’?” Ovid asked looking at the food he had chosen.
“Oh man!” exclaimed Brigid when she looked at his plate and then her own. “Ovid...” she said, “We both made sandwiches, corn beef on rye.”
“Yea, so what of it? What’s the big deal if we both like the same type of sandwich?” questioned Ovid. He was slightly confused about all the fuss. He already knew that he and Brigid shared a lot of the same tastes.
“You just aren’t thinking Ovid. Gaiasm people do not grow rye so how could they make rye bread? Also, he you seen any cows or animals similar to a cow since we have been here? No?
That is because they don’t have any. So ask yourself, how are we able to make these sandwiches.”
Ovid just stared at his plate. Slow comprehension crossing his face.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rex Havoc
post Jan 27 2006, 02:32 PM
Post #8

Retired GuildMaster
Group Icon

Part One

Part Two

Back at the shrine, the group decided to go into another side chamber to eat and pour over the notes that they had taken while at the Library. Entering the room they found a fire was lit for them in the hearth. On a table across from the fire food had been laid out for them.
“You know, I didn’t even know how hungry I was `till I saw this food” Brigid said as she walked over to the table. Ovid followed her over.
Hiram decided he would read over his notes before he ate. He sat down in a chair that looked like something you would find in an English Lord’s Library, not in an Age like Shahshtul. The leather was soft and warm. It felt like the chair was cradling him.
Brigid and Ovid were busy picking what they would eat first. They paid no attention to either Hiram or Gaiasm.
Gaiasm had a puzzled look on her face as she looked at the food on Ovid’s plate. “What is that” she asked pointing.
“Oh man!” exclaimed Brigid when she looked at his plate and then her own. “Ovid...” she said, “We both made sandwiches, corn beef on rye.”
“Yea, so what of it? What’s the big deal if we both like the same type of sandwich?” questioned Ovid. He was slightly confused about all the fuss. He already knew that he and Brigid shared a lot of the same tastes.
“You just aren’t thinking, Ovid. Gaiasm's people do not grow rye so how could they make rye bread? Also, have you seen any cows or animals similar to a cow, since we have been here? No?
That is because they don’t have any. So ask yourself, how are we able to make these sandwiches.”

The food had come from 'home'? But how? Had someone followed them to the village? Was there another Age that the food had come from, similar to their home? "Do we actually know who brought this or where it came from?" Brigid was almost babbling. "We were just assuming that villagers brought it, but they could not have, they would never have been able to use the stone object to transport here." Gaiasm was at a loss for words. "I'm sorry I cannot shed any light on this, I am as confused and surprised as you are!" "I don't care where it came from." Ovid chimed in, "I'm hungry and this is just what I needed." Ovid was eating like he had not seen food in weeks. Brigid started laughing. "Better watch your fingers, people. Keep them away from Ovid; you might loose one!!” Ovid smiled, showing a bit of a corn beef stuck in he teeth. They finished their meal, in relative silence, each going over in their own heads, where the food could have come.

After dinner, the group went over their notes from the day, comparing observations and feelings. This session only lasted about 45 minutes before Ovid started yawning. This, of course, got the rest of the group yawning too. “I think it is time we turned in.” Gaiasm stated, mid-yawn. “We have much we can do tomorrow. We need to be well rested.” With that, everyone wandered off to find a comfortable place to curl up. Within minutes, the only sound in the shrine, was that of Ovid’s snoring…

--------------------

Ki# 651166

+Quote Post
Rex Havoc
post Mar 19 2006, 11:32 AM
Post #9

Retired GuildMaster
Group Icon

Part One

Part Two

“You just aren’t thinking, Ovid. Gaiasm's people do not grow rye so how could they make rye bread? Also, have you seen any cows or animals similar to a cow, since we have been here? No?

The sun rose in its normal manner, to announce the start of a new day. Inside the shrine, the group started to stir, sensing the warming rays outside. Ovid stared at the ceiling, taking in the carvings and characters he saw around the room. He started thinking about breakfast. His stomach growled, obviously loud enough for others to here. "Was that you?" Brigid said in a groggy voice. "Umm, yes, sorry to wake you. I guess I'm hungry again, thinking about food!" replied Ovid. "I think that is a non-stop event, for you!" Hiram chimed in. Gaiasm got up and was making order out of her sleeping area, when she smelled something. Looking over across the room, where they had eaten the previous evening, she noticed the table looked some how different. Glancing over at the still horizontal trio, she quietly headed toward the table. Her eyes widened as she drew near. "Umm, people, I think you need to come see this!" she managed to vocalize. The others sat up and looked to where Gaias was standing, then got up and joined her. There jaws dropped, almost in unison. There on the table was breakfast, waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon, juice, toast and more. "I don't understand. Where is this coming from? Waffles?!" Hiram managed to say. "Um guys..." Ovid said in a very nervous sounding voice, "I think I might have a clue but I can in no way explain it." The others looked at Ovid, intently, for his take on this. Ovid continued, "I don't really see how this could actually be, but I was just lying in bed, thinking about what I wanted for breakfast and I see here, everything I was thinking." The color was draining from Ovid’s face. "And, last night, we were wondering where the rye bread and corn beef came from, well, guess what I was craving to eat." The other three looked at each other, then to Ovid, then the table of food and to themselves again. "How can this be possible?" Brigid said. "And, I don't see any sign of last night’s meal, it is gone!" This was true, not a trace of the previous night’s meal could be seen. Gaiasm began to speak. "Well, as for an explanation, I'm not sure I can offer you solid proof. I have read of this happening, but I am not aware of the circumstances. We are in the shrine, let us not forget, which we continue to discover has many surprises. "Yes," Ovid interjected, "but setting a table by reading someone’s mind? Please! This is starting to sound like a Science Fiction movie!" "Well, as I said I'm not sure of the explanation, I just know that we are in a powerful place." Gaiasm concluded. "Well, before Ovid decides to think of a clean table, I'm getting something to eat!" Hiram said, as he reached for a plate and grabbed a few waffles. "Can I put in an order for lunch?" The others burst out laughing and decided it was a good idea to get something to eat. Their day could be a long one, no sense starting it on an empty stomach.

--------------------

Ki# 651166

+Quote Post
Shadowcats
post Mar 23 2006, 09:21 AM
Post #10

Wizard of Oz
Group Icon

Group: Retired Greeter
Member No.: 409

Took me a while to read all this but Wow very talented you all are. worship.gif

--------------------
Of all the things I've lost.....
I miss my mind the most..

+Quote Post
gaiasmaiden
post Mar 26 2006, 12:07 PM
Post #11

Uru Guru
Group Icon

from both rex and myself

Thank You blush.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rex Havoc
post Apr 23 2006, 01:42 PM
Post #12

Retired GuildMaster
Group Icon

Part One

Part Two

Part Three ==>

The sun rose in its normal manner, to announce the start of a new day. Inside the shrine, the group started to stir, sensing the warming rays outside. Ovid stared at the ceiling, taking in the carvings and characters he saw around the room. He started thinking about breakfast. His stomach growled, obviously loud enough for others to here. "Was that you?" Brigid said in a groggy voice. "Umm, yes, sorry to wake you. I guess I'm hungry again, thinking about food!" replied Ovid. "I think that is a non-stop event, for you!" Hiram chimed in. Gaiasm got up and was making order out of her sleeping area, when she smelled something. Looking over across the room, where they had eaten the previous evening, she noticed the table looked some how different. Glancing over at the still horizontal trio, she quietly headed toward the table. Her eyes widened as she drew near. "Umm, people, I think you need to come see this!" she managed to vocalize. The others sat up and looked to where Gaias was standing, then got up and joined her. There jaws dropped, almost in unison. There on the table was breakfast, waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon, juice, toast and more. "I don't understand. Where is this coming from? Waffles?!" Hiram managed to say. "Um guys..." Ovid said in a very nervous sounding voice, "I think I might have a clue but I can in no way explain it." The others looked at Ovid, intently, for his take on this. Ovid continued, "I don't really see how this could actually be, but I was just lying in bed, thinking about what I wanted for breakfast and I see here, everything I was thinking." The color was draining from Ovid’s face. "And, last night, we were wondering where the rye bread and corn beef came from, well, guess what I was craving to eat." The other three looked at each other, then to Ovid, then the table of food and to themselves again. "How can this be possible?" Brigid said. "And, I don't see any sign of last night’s meal, it is gone!" This was true, not a trace of the previous night’s meal could be seen. Gaiasm began to speak. "Well, as for an explanation, I'm not sure I can offer you solid proof. I have read of this happening, but I am not aware of the circumstances. We are in the shrine, let us not forget, which we continue to discover has many surprises. "Yes," Ovid interjected, "but setting a table by reading someone’s mind? Please! This is starting to sound like a Science Fiction movie!" "Well, as I said I'm not sure of the explanation, I just know that we are in a powerful place." Gaiasm concluded. "Well, before Ovid decides to think of a clean table, I'm getting something to eat!" Hiram said, as he reached for a plate and grabbed a few waffles. "Can I put in an order for lunch?" The others burst out laughing and decided it was a good idea to get something to eat. Their day could be a long one, no sense starting it on an empty stomach.

With breakfast concluded, the group prepared for their day. Hiram decided to take along some fruit from the breakfast table, to snack on later. The others, seeing this, concluded that Hiram had a good idea and also grabbed some things for later. Ovid was obviously anxious to get going. He was pacing back and forth, in and out of the door to the linking book chamber.
“Will you relax, Ovid?!” Brigid commented from across the room, “There is no rush!”
“Sorry, I just want to get going before another strange thing happens here!” Ovid replied. Within moments the group was again gathered around the pedestal.
“Since you are so ready to go, Ovid, why don’t you take the honors of going first?” Gaiasm commented. Without replying, Ovid reached out his hand, touched the page and faded from view.
“Why don’t the rest of you follow, I take up the rear.” Gaiasm continued. The others nodded in agreement and followed Ovid’s lead. With Brigid and Hiram now also gone, Gaiasm gave the chamber one last look and linked.

Gaiasm arrived in the Library to see a look of panic on Hiram’s face. Brigid was yelling something.
“He’s not here!! He’s not here!!” Gaiasm finally heard Brigid say.
“Calm down, Brigid, he must be here.” Gaiasm said the words and tried to sound convincing but even she knew that anything seemed possible, lately.
“Have you checked the rest of the Library? Of course you haven’t!" Gaiasm, answering her own question, stopped. “You just got here too! Let’s check this floor, and then work our way down. He must be here, somewhere.” Brigid looked at Hiram and then to Gaiasm. A look of concern was on all their faces.
“I hope he didn’t do something stupid and try out one of these other linking books, before we got here.” Brigid blurted out.

Meanwhile, a rather surprised Ovid, had found himself standing on a landing at the top of a staircase, overlooking a sort of plaza area. Turning, he saw a doorway, to which he headed. A large circular room opened to him as he passed through. Encircling the room were dozens of niches, each with a pedestal, containing a closed book. Ovid walked to one and chanced to open it. Nothing but text, in what appeared to be the D’ni script. He gently closed it. The room was beautiful. A high domed ceiling stood overhead. A soft light making it almost glow. There was more D’ni script around the base of the dome. At each book, a marker, possibly a title, denoted each volume. Ovid thought that this might be another room in the library that they had possibly missed the other day. He called out. Certainly the others should have arrived by now. His call was met with silence. Starting to get a bit more than worried, he decided to start looking for his friends. Since he had not seen, or heard anyone in the plaza area, he decided to take the other door to the room and see where it took him. Before venturing forward, however, he removed his notepad and pencil from the pack he was carrying. “I best map my progress.” He thought out loud, “Don’t want to get any more lost, if that is possible!” Ovid was in wonder at the sights he beheld. He had ventured down staircases which lead him to a balcony overlooking a sort of valley. Looking to the right, he could see some of the plaza area he had seen before. To the left, at the far end, was a rather imposing structure. He would try and make that his next destination. He continued on, scratching and drawing as he walked. “There seems to be a lot of stairs around here.” He thought to himself, as he climbed yet another set. He came to an intersection and paused. He turned right and ventured down a short distance to what should have been a bridge. “Well, guess I’m not going this way!” he muttered as he looked around. The end of the bridge nearest him had fallen away, leaving about a third of the distance of the valley no longer traversed by a passageway. He looked left and saw his destination, now larger than before. “Well, guess I’m still headed in the right direction!” he thought, as he turned around and headed back to his original path. Still marveling at the beauty he was seeing, Ovid almost forgot about his map making project he had started. He quickly filled in the missing parts and continued, arriving at, yet, another set of stairs! Ovid trotted down these and found that he had arrived! To his left was the structure to which he had been drawn. It seemed to be staring at him! He approached with care. There were stairs leading up and down, into the building. He decided to try the lower ones, first. Briefly glancing at, yet, another pedestal and linking book, he moved on and descended the stairs. Two rather imposing doors were approaching. These looked somehow familiar but his biggest concern, now, was would they be secured or would he be able to enter. His question was answered almost immediately as both doors slid open. The noise and movement made him jump back out of reflex. The doors closed again. He sat on the stairs, catching he breath a few minutes, and then tried again. Again, the doors slide open. Only this time, there was yet another surprise. Brigid, Hiram and Gaiasm were standing on the other side of it!

--------------------

Ki# 651166

+Quote Post
Shadowcats
post Apr 27 2006, 09:00 AM
Post #13

Wizard of Oz
Group Icon

Group: Retired Greeter
Member No.: 409

thumbsup.gif can't wait for part 5 worship.gif

--------------------
Of all the things I've lost.....
I miss my mind the most..

+Quote Post
Rex Havoc
post Oct 29 2006, 11:08 AM
Post #14

Retired GuildMaster
Group Icon

Part One, Part Two, Part Three

With breakfast concluded, the group prepared for their day. Hiram decided to take along some fruit from the breakfast table, to snack on later. The others, seeing this, concluded that Hiram had a good idea and also grabbed some things for later. Ovid was obviously anxious to get going. He was pacing back and forth, in and out of the door to the linking book chamber.
“Will you relax, Ovid?!” Brigid commented from across the room, “There is no rush!”
“Sorry, I just want to get going before another strange thing happens here!” Ovid replied. Within moments the group was again gathered around the pedestal.
“Since you are so ready to go, Ovid, why don’t you take the honors of going first?” Gaiasm commented. Without replying, Ovid reached out his hand, touched the page and faded from view.
“Why don’t the rest of you follow, I take up the rear.” Gaiasm continued. The others nodded in agreement and followed Ovid’s lead. With Brigid and Hiram now also gone, Gaiasm gave the chamber one last look and linked.

Gaiasm arrived in the Library to see a look of panic on Hiram’s face. Brigid was yelling something.
“He’s not here!! He’s not here!!” Gaiasm finally heard Brigid say.
“Calm down, Brigid, he must be here.” Gaiasm said the words and tried to sound convincing but even she knew that anything seemed possible, lately.
“Have you checked the rest of the Library? Of course you haven’t!" Gaiasm, answering her own question, stopped. “You just got here too! Let’s check this floor, and then work our way down. He must be here, somewhere.” Brigid looked at Hiram and then to Gaiasm. A look of concern was on all their faces.
“I hope he didn’t do something stupid and try out one of these other linking books, before we got here.” Brigid blurted out.

Meanwhile, a rather surprised Ovid, had found himself standing on a landing at the top of a staircase, overlooking a sort of plaza area. Turning, he saw a doorway, to which he headed. A large circular room opened to him as he passed through. Encircling the room were dozens of niches, each with a pedestal, containing a closed book. Ovid walked to one and chanced to open it. Nothing but text, in what appeared to be the D’ni script. He gently closed it. The room was beautiful. A high domed ceiling stood overhead. A soft light making it almost glow. There was more D’ni script around the base of the dome. At each book, a marker, possibly a title, denoted each volume. Ovid thought that this might be another room in the library that they had possibly missed the other day. He called out. Certainly the others should have arrived by now. His call was met with silence. Starting to get a bit more than worried, he decided to start looking for his friends. Since he had not seen, or heard anyone in the plaza area, he decided to take the other door to the room and see where it took him. Before venturing forward, however, he removed his notepad and pencil from the pack he was carrying. “I best map my progress.” He thought out loud, “Don’t want to get any more lost, if that is possible!” Ovid was in wonder at the sights he beheld. He had ventured down staircases which lead him to a balcony overlooking a sort of valley. Looking to the right, he could see some of the plaza area he had seen before. To the left, at the far end, was a rather imposing structure. He would try and make that his next destination. He continued on, scratching and drawing as he walked. “There seems to be a lot of stairs around here.” He thought to himself, as he climbed yet another set. He came to an intersection and paused. He turned right and ventured down a short distance to what should have been a bridge. “Well, guess I’m not going this way!” he muttered as he looked around. The end of the bridge nearest him had fallen away, leaving about a third of the distance of the valley no longer traversed by a passageway. He looked left and saw his destination, now larger than before. “Well, guess I’m still headed in the right direction!” he thought, as he turned around and headed back to his original path. Still marveling at the beauty he was seeing, Ovid almost forgot about his map making project he had started. He quickly filled in the missing parts and continued, arriving at, yet, another set of stairs! Ovid trotted down these and found that he had arrived! To his left was the structure to which he had been drawn. It seemed to be staring at him! He approached with care. There were stairs leading up and down, into the building. He decided to try the lower ones, first. Briefly glancing at, yet, another pedestal and linking book, he moved on and descended the stairs. Two rather imposing doors were approaching. These looked somehow familiar but his biggest concern, now, was would they be secured or would he be able to enter. His question was answered almost immediately as both doors slid open. The noise and movement made him jump back out of reflex. The doors closed again. He sat on the stairs, catching he breath a few minutes, and then tried again. Again, the doors slide open. Only this time, there was yet another surprise. Brigid, Hiram and Gaiasm were standing on the other side of it!

Ovid stood there, speechless. This being a rather unusual condition for Ovid, Brigid latched onto the opportunity to speak first.
“What did you touch that you shouldn’t have?!” The tone in her voice showed she was torn between being mad at him and overly concerned.
“What do you mean, what did I do?” Ovid replied, “I touched the same book that you did. Oh, I’m fine, thanks for asking!” In a more mature moment, Ovid stuck out his tongue at Brigid. Brigid thought about returning the favor but gave a half smile back.
“Ummm”, Hiram interjected, “About that ‘I touched the same book that you did’ comment. That is true, but…” Hiram paused before continuing. “It was not the same page." In unison, everyone seemed to do a double take and gave Hiram their full attention.
“What do you mean, ‘not the same page?’ Gaiasm asked, the tone in her voice denoting her feelings more than her expression.
“Well…” Hiram continued sheepishly, “When I stepped up to the pedestal, I noticed the picture was different than it was yesterday. When I turned the page I found the one I saw yesterday and used that one.”
“You are just NOW thinking to mention this to someone? Brigid said through her teeth, as she glared at him. “You should have said something at the time, at least we would have had a better understanding of why we couldn’t find Ovid! Geesh!!” She shook her head and walked halfway up the stairs behind Ovid.
“Sorry, I just figured it, um, well, I don’t know what I figured.” The stress and emotion of the past week started to take its toll. Hiram dropped his head and started sobbing. Brigid rolled her eyes as Gaiasm moved in and embraced him.
“Take comfort in knowing that no one was lost or hurt, but, and this goes for everyone, take nothing you find here for granted. Anything and I do mean anything, that you think is out of place, say something!!
“There is a lot more to this place than this Library.” Ovid said excitedly, attempting to lift the dark cloud that had settled over the group. He ran up to the top of the stairs, waiting for the others to follow. “I think we will have plenty to explore.” He said as he pointed outward. I think I’m going to wish I had packed a little more to eat!”

--------------------

Ki# 651166

+Quote Post
TheGamer
post Oct 30 2006, 09:34 AM
Post #15

Uru Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,797

i love good stories... wub.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2019 - 01:54 PM