buy antibiotics without prescription
Guild of Greeters   Suitable for Every Age   

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Voltaic Steam Puzzle, I've entered the solution, but the steam don't flow!
Angustaff
post Jun 25 2006, 09:58 PM
Post #1

Uru Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 3,149

What am I missing? headbang.gif The needle is on the red line, yet when I turn headbang.gif the wheel, nothing happens. headbang.gif This is not ME, it's a friend so I'm trying to get him past this point. Suggestions? headbang.gif verymad.gif

--------------------
If you don't take the chance of going too far,
you'll never know how far you can go.

- T.S. Eliott
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
L'lee
post Jun 25 2006, 10:11 PM
Post #2

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Guild Master (GM)
Member No.: 1,084

(First of all, I believe when I did that puzzle, blush.gif I was using the wrong end of the needle to line it up... so that one had me headbang.gif for a while. Talk about turning red when I figured that one out! lmao.gif )

Could you, just for clarification, post a screencapture of what your friend's meter reads?

--------------------
When asked if my cup is half-full or half-empty my response is,
"I am thankful that I have a cup!"

+Quote Post
jipski the great
post Jun 26 2006, 01:28 AM
Post #3

Uru Explorer
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 3,665

I was stuck there for a long long time:P

After a while I just looked it up in a walkthrough....

here

or... (WARNING: complete solution!)
Click here to view/hide a spoiler.
STEAM VALVES & GAUGES Puzzle:

Return to the steam valves and the airship. Go up and out of the shaft back to the long pipe into the chasm. As you descend the ladder back to the valves you will see steam coming from the pipes. On the gauge in the blue section is a red line on the 19. That is where you must set the final pressure to inflate the airship. To do that you must adjust the valves on all 3 levels. To get up to these levels you must increase the pressure on the gauge so the lift will work.

Step One - Level 1) Close all the bottom valves and move the lift lever to the right to go up to the middle level.

Step Two - Level 2) Close all but one valve so the gauge needle is in the red zone, move the lift handle to the right to go to the top level.

Step Three - Level 3) On the top level close one valve. Pull the lift handle to the left to go down to the middle level.

Step Four - Level 2) Open 2 valves on the middle level then go down to the first level.

Step Five - Level 1) On the first level again, open 3 valves. The needle should point to the 19 on the gauge.

Go to your left and turn that red wheel freeing the airship. To get to the airship, go out into the chasm and turn left at the first intersecting walkway. This walkway leads to an elevator. Pull the lever and go down to another walkway and go forward all the way to find another lever. A large round door opens and the airship glides out. Hop into the airship and pull down on the controls. Relax and go for a short ride. When you come to a stop, jump out and pull the lever at the end of the walkway. Watch the amazing video that follows! Hop back into the airship and pull the controls again. This takes you to the floating island and the door you initially came to. Now you can open it and go inside. Go down the ladder to the bottom of the shaft. Click on the wheel on the floor. The bottom opens and you get a view beneath the floating island.

You see debris in a form of the symbol for the Voltaic Age and it automatically makes a drawing for you, placing the new page in your inventory. Look up and to your left and find a cabinet. Inside the cabinet is a Linking Book back to J'Nanin.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th August 2019 - 12:32 AM