Kaisenji
post Mar 15 2010, 11:04 PM
Post #1

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 5,657

clapping.gif Shorah.
I guess I am completely bias as I love the music to MYST IV. I've been reading some of the comments in youtube about the un-necessary addition of the "music video" to the Dream squence. How droll. How very single-sighted, in my opinion to assume that in a game this "Dream" is a video. Do you think so? I do not. It strikes me as perfect for someone entering dreams via plant-based assistance.

I wonder if we will see compilation of all the music from every MYST game. I only have one from the original game itself. Often replayed in my car on long journeys. I have not been through the whole forum so I am not sure if someone has already asked this question. I'll ask it again just to bring it to the top of the list.

This post has been edited by Kaisenji: Mar 15 2010, 11:07 PM

--------------------
"Not what you expected is it, traveler?"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jarelav
post Mar 16 2010, 01:59 AM
Post #2

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Website Contributor (Greeter)
Member No.: 4,899

Hi Kaisenji and WELCOME TO OUR FORUM. thumbsup.gif

AFAIK CDs of some tunes form the series are available. I have the Myst IV tunes and still enjoying it!

--------------------
jarel, formerly Schlomo
MOULa KI: 00405546

+Quote Post
Ken Telinome
post Mar 16 2010, 05:55 AM
Post #3

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 3,259

I liked the Dream entry sequence! Nothing like it had been done before, I say kudos for the attempt.

There are soundtracks from every Myst game, from the original Myst and Riven soundtracks composed by Robyn Miller, to the Myst III and Myst IV soundtracks by Jack Wall, and the Uru and Myst V soundtracks by Tim Larkin. Granted, not every piece of music from the games is available on the soundtracks (except maybe Myst, which had a small selection to begin with), but they are well worth the money to purchase them. Unfortunately, "Curtains" (the Dream entry song) is not available on the Myst IV soundtrack, but that's because it's an actual song on a Peter Gabriel album, and available that way!

Myst Soundtrack
Riven Soundtrack
Myst III: Exile Soundtrack
Myst Iv: Revelation Soundtrack (note: this is the ONLY one available on Amazon right now)
Uru Music: UrSu Soundtrack (currently unavailable on Amazon)
Myst V: End of Ages Soundtrack (note: also only one available on Amazon right now)

You can also try Ebay, or see if the iTunes music store has any (doubtful).

This post has been edited by Ken Telinome: Mar 16 2010, 05:56 AM

--------------------

Avatar: Ken Telinome | KI: 00329185 | Blog: Living an Ecumenical Life

+Quote Post
Myer
post Mar 16 2010, 01:40 PM
Post #4

Uru Fan
Group Icon

Group: Greeter (Greeter)
Member No.: 9,299

I thought Myst IV had a great soundtrack. The music video portion during the dream sequence is a different subject. I do not necessarily think the idea of it as a music video as bad, but I just did not like the song and felt it was out of place and strange. I would have preferred more of the brooding and atmospheric music, similar to the rest of the series.

Oh and thanks for the links for the soundtracks, I will have to pick them up eventually.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2019 - 01:47 AM