Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where Did The Red And Blue Books Come From?
Guild of Greeters > Ages of Myst (including all Myst games and related media) > General Discussion - Not Puzzle Help > Myst, MME & realMyst
Joseph
From the Cyan Myst FAQ page:

Q.Does Atrus really kill his own sons, Sirrus and Achenar?
A.No. Atrus simply destroys the linking books to the prison ages that Sirrus and Achenar are trapped in. By destroying the books, Atrus does not destroy the age itself, just the link to it. Sirrus and Achenar are still alive in the prison age, although now it is impossible to get to those ages where they are trapped.

Ummmmm, didn't we just get to them in M4 Revelation?
Ken Telinome
This is one of those times I believe when Cyan tweaked their universe to make the story better. At the time, they assumed that the red and blue books were not merely linking books but master books. However, they decided eventually that those books were just normal linking books and that the master books were kept elsewhere. I think these are the books we encounter in Revelation.

Cyan has always tweaked its story to make it better. After Myst they abandoned the idea that you could talk to someone through a linking book. After all, while you could theoretically look through a linking book and see someone, how would they be able to see you? And not since Myst have we seen linking books come out of tables like the Myst book in the Stoneship age did.

It's just one of those things we have to go with as fans to make the story more enjoyable.
Shadowcats
The ending is never written and the ink is never dry smile.gif so a few tweaks here and there are good I suppose. unsure.gif
barbossa
QUOTE (Joseph @ Mar 23 2006, 05:42 AM) *
From the Cyan Myst FAQ page:

Q.Does Atrus really kill his own sons, Sirrus and Achenar?
A.No. Atrus simply destroys the linking books to the prison ages that Sirrus and Achenar are trapped in. By destroying the books, Atrus does not destroy the age itself, just the link to it. Sirrus and Achenar are still alive in the prison age, although now it is impossible to get to those ages where they are trapped.

Ummmmm, didn't we just get to them in M4 Revelation?

Maybe those where backup books, that he wrote again when he got to tahmona. maybe so he could go see his sons, or maybe so his daughter could go see them... eh? didn't they have the new devices to keep them from getting out. Like where you appeared in the blue age (the name slipped my mind)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.