Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Many Games
Guild of Greeters > Ages of Myst (including all Myst games and related media) > General Discussion - Not Puzzle Help > MYSTellaneous General Discussion
Dux
Hey smile.gif
I've seen some screenshots off Myst and Uru and I want to play this games. I played games like Syberia and stuff before so I like to try this one...
But how many games are there of Myst and Uru?
What are they called?
I'd be very greatful for some help on this subject please bleh.gif

... bye2.gif ...
Shadowcats
Myst
Riven The Sequel to Myst
Exile
Myst IV Revelation
Uru Ages Beyond Myst
Myst V End Of Ages

Uru XP's
Until Uru
realMyst
Myst PPC

Uru Live (soon)

Main site is Cyanworlds
Plus many sites like here.
Hope it helps.

Doh dumb spelling chucker blush.gif
Dux
Thank you soo much, yes it helped a lot laugh.gif
Joseph
An Unenligtened One! Welcome to the Myst community!

I recommend starting with either the Myst Masterpiece edition(the original, or Realmyst if you can get it) or Uru.

Uru is a branch-off of everything else, and from Riven on is a continuation of the original Myst. Good luck!
Rex Havoc
The older games can be found at reasonable prices, too... (Real Myst might be higher, it is newer) Also, with Uru, you will have access to the on-line community, which adds a whole, new, wonder dimension!
budgiemom
laugh.gif Hi, Dux...welcome to the Myst community. bye2.gif

Just FYI---you can buy Myst, Riven, & Exile in a DVD collection package. (available through Amazon) The dvd's work better on the newer computers and eliminate the need for CD changes. Also, you may have to use the compatibility feature of Windows XP.

thumbsup.gif You are in for sooooo much fun! Remember too, Myst games are meant to be "Beaten" but to be enjoyed and explored. Good Luck!
Rex Havoc
QUOTE (Budgie)
Remember too, Myst games are meant to be "Beaten" but to be enjoyed and explored.

Umm, I think some one left out the word "not".... whistling.gif
Dux
Thank you soo much everybody worship.gif , I feel that I'm going to fitt in her just fine clapping.gif

I have just got a hold of a used game with Myst and Riven on it for around 6 dollars, Myst is the first game right or are there a nother game I must play first you think?!? confused1.gif
kurtg1265
Yes Myst was the first one and Riven came out after that. And welcome to the forums Dux, glad you found us. If you need any hints and help with Myst or Riven, feel free to ask us. smile.gif

If you really want to get a little more of the backstory and you like to read books, I would also recommend getting the Myst reader. It contains all 3 novels, The book of Teanna, the book of Atrus and the book of D'ni.
Raewyn
You can find the older games at reasonable prices. Someone already mentioned the order to play them in. The fun with Myst and the other games is to explore. Get into your role, and do what you can to help Atrus and Katran. Take your time exploring and learning about the worlds. Read the books to get more information.

I LOVED Syberia and Syberia II!!! Those are two of my favorite games. Have you tried "The Longest Journey"? You'd probably like that one too. I know that a sequel is coming out. I'm sure it will be as good as the original, if it isn't already out yet. I haven't checked.
UruBoo
QUOTE (Raewyn @ Jul 1 2006, 04:53 PM) *
I LOVED Syberia and Syberia II!!! Those are two of my favorite games. Have you tried "The Longest Journey"? You'd probably like that one too. I know that a sequel is coming out. I'm sure it will be as good as the original, if it isn't already out yet. I haven't checked.

The sequel is "Dreamfall" and is good. I recomend it...
Dux

I cant get a hold of "The Longest Journey" here in Norway down.gif , Iv tried everywhere.... ranting.gif
But im looking everywhere, every day, soo maybe Im lucky some day bleh.gif
jipski the great
linky

I think they will deliver it in Norway... unsure.gif
They deliver stuff in Holland whistling.gif

JTG whistling.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.