Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Myst Revelation Need Help
Guild of Greeters > Ages of Myst (including all Myst games and related media) > Technical Help & Issues > Myst IV: Revelation
tigerhumboldt1
Ok, what is going on with my game! I've not only deleted and re-installed the game, but I've installed the 1.02 patch. I tried the 1.03 patch but can't get it to install, but don't think that will solve the problem.

Schatzee

Tanning myself with the light of the monitor
Cleft
Shorah tigerhumboldt1 and welcome to the Guild of Greeters smile.gif

What kind of video card are you using?
You could try and update you videocard drivers by going to the website of the manufactuer and see if that helps.
L'lee
Sounds like a video driver issue. Could you please post your system specs for reference point?
tigerhumboldt1
Windows 98 SE (build 4.10.2222)
ASUS A7N8X-E REV 2.xx
1000 megahertz AMD Athlon
128 kilobyte primary memory cache
256 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A7N8X-E REV 2.xx
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe ACPI BIOS Rev 1012 08/04/2004
80.03 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
52.11 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

Creative SB Audigy
NVIDIA® nForce™ Audio Codec Interface
NVIDIA® nForce™ MCP Audio Processing Unit
Wave Device for Voice Modem

Is this enough? I've also installed the updated drivers for my system, including creative and NVIDIA.

Schatzee

Just tanning myself by the light of my monitor:)
CAGrayWolf
256 kilobyte secondary memory cache

Are you sure this is kilobyte and not megabyte? shock.gif If I'm reading this correctly ... I'm amazed you were even able to install the game in the fist place.
L'lee
As this is a relatively "new" board, I would think it would *have* to be Megabytes rather than Kilobytes... but still, 256Mb is "recommended" to run the game. Linky to MoBo specs

Not quite sure what the "secondary memory cache board" means, but if it means what I think it does, that won't help you with your problem. What I am reading from your posted specs is that you have the minimum required RAM to run the game (128Mb), but at the minimums, the graphics will not be optimized, even for your "up to date" machine.

It might be that you need to post your dxdiag.txt file (inside a spoiler tag, please) for those who are more hardware-savvy than I to interpret the actual problem.

Also, for the record, the list of supported video cards at time of release of Revelation is:
  • ATI® Radeon™ 7000 to 9800 or better
  • NVIDIA® GeForce™ 1/2/3/4/FX families (note: no mention of NForce)
  • Matrox Parhelia™ (PC only)
  • Intel® i865G to i915G (PC only)
dadguy
Tiger,

Let's make sure we understand the problem. Maybe you are not actually all the way down to the gears, which you get to by opening a small square flip-up panel and pressing a blue button under it.

Then, when you are facing the three gears, there is a handle that makes the cursor change when you put your cursor over it. You click-drag the handle down causing the gear position to change. You want position 4, 3, 7 going left to right.

Can you let us know if you have gotten that far?

Thanks,

Dadguy
kurtg1265
QUOTE (CAGrayWolf @ May 25 2006, 10:37 AM) *
256 kilobyte secondary memory cache

Are you sure this is kilobyte and not megabyte? shock.gif If I'm reading this correctly ... I'm amazed you were even able to install the game in the fist place.

Actually that is correct. That isnt for his graphics though, its built into the CPU to help while processing.

The graphics arent listed at all, so I would assume they are onboard graphics, built into the board. Also the amount of system memory isnt listed, and that would be helpful to know as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.