Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mysterious Island
Guild of Greeters > Ages of Myst (including all Myst games and related media) > General Discussion - Not Puzzle Help > MYSTellaneous General Discussion
indy
Last night they showed the first episode of Jules Verne's Mysterious Island on German television.

Although this has nothing to do with Myst I thought a lot of scenes are very very Myst like. The scenes inside Captains Neo's house could have been from a Myst puzzle

The movie isn't bad, the special effects are ok but not of the same quality as we are used from the bigger movies. There are some big names playing; Patrick Stewart and Kyle MacLachlan but the acting could be better esp when it comes to blue screen acting.

Nevertheless I liked watching it and to me it looked like the director of producer must have been influenced by Myst wink3.gif

L'lee
Wow! Indeed, Indy! That picture of the terrace looks like it could be from the same "region" in Tomahna as Atrus and Katran's home! Very nice!
Piran
Loved the pictures! Especially the night one.
Say, where would one be able to find this movie to watch it in OHIO? unsure.gif

Hmmm...one quick search and this is what I found. I may be able to rent it.
Movie Gallery

Hooray for the Hallmark channel...several great mini series! thumbsup.gif
d'rbeh
after looking at the pics, it really seems to me that there may have been mystian influences afoot!

very cool... i'll look for this one to rent as well!

thanks indy!
Piran
QUOTE (indy @ Jun 30 2006, 02:56 AM) *
The movie isn't bad, the special effects are ok but not of the same quality as we are used from the bigger movies. There are some big names playing; Patrick Stewart and Kyle MacLachlan but the acting could be better esp when it comes to blue screen acting.

I did get to rent this, through Netflix. I would have to agree, especially about the blue screen parts. It was a fun movie though. I recommend it as a light, Saturday afternoon break, kind of movie. ...though it's nearly three hours.

I was reading a review of another movie by a Netflix member. At the very end, the person wrote "Enjoy and Peace be with you in the Garden (of little blue flowers!)." Boy did I think of Atrus right way!! Can't say for sure if this is what was the reference was to, but how many references can be drawn to little blue flowers? flowers.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.