Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Irc/chat?
Guild of Greeters > Ages of Myst (including all Myst games and related media) > General Discussion - Not Puzzle Help > MYSTellaneous General Discussion
Cyoor
Hi!

Do any of you know if there is an IRC channel for Myst people or maybe for guild of greeters?
And why dont anyone hang in the Cyan chat anymore? =/
budgiemom
bye2.gif Hi, Rex, Slugzzz, and I are usually in chat early in the morning; atleast before noon (central time) Ural also shows up too. You just have to catch us there. If you check the bottom of the forum listings, there will be a box showing who is in the chatroom at that time. blush.gif Since D'mala came online, I spend most of my time there. Keep trying!
CAGrayWolf
QUOTE (Cyoor @ Jul 10 2006, 07:40 AM) *
Hi!

Do any of you know if there is an IRC channel for Myst people or maybe for guild of greeters?
And why dont anyone hang in the Cyan chat anymore? =/

I have heard there is an IRC chat for Myst, though I couldn't tell you what the channel is. I think many have moved over to TeamSpeak though and there are several channels for Myst there. Many of us are either using MSN or Yahoo Messenger these days.

As for CyanChat, it may be that it had been down for some time now ... about 3 or so weeks that I know of. If it is back up and working, many may not know this.

As for what Budgie said, it is true that people do still use our Live Chat, but most can actually be found in Until UrU most of the time.
Tijara
The GoG has a teamspeak server:- atrus.guildofgreeters.com
Cyoor
QUOTE (Tijara @ Jul 10 2006, 08:06 PM) *

Thanks.. biggrin.gif Ill check that some day..

Wolfie:
Cyan chat is up.. Ive been there all day, but noone else seems to link in down.gif (Im "Yeesha" on Cyan chat btw)
Lial
QUOTE (Tijara @ Jul 10 2006, 02:06 PM) *

The GoG TeamSpeak server uses a codec that isn't supported by Teamspeex (TeamSpeak variant for MacOS). I know Uru is predominantly Windows [well the world is predominantly Windows], but since I have one of each type of machine I generally run Uru on Windows and listen to music, etc. on my Mac at the same time using Teamspeex. I have external speakers for my Mac, but not for the Latitude that I use only for Uru. What advantages are there to the codec you use? Are there any reasonable codec alternatives for you that are supported by Teamspeex?

Cheers, Lial
Lial
I see at the TeamSpeak web site that they intend, in TeamSpeak 3, to provide both client and server versions for Macs. Sounds as though beta testing for TeamSpeak 3 will begin soon. Hope so...

Lial
Tech
hmm interesting, I've only recently got my Mac, but I'll grab Teamspeex and look into it.

I only normally use Teamspeak when I'm playing a game (via Bootcamp) so I didn't notice the issue.

tux.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.