Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: D'ni Network
Guild of Greeters > Myst Online: Uru Live > Myst Online: URU Live Game Discussion > In The Cavern > Non DRC Members
Eleri
Shorah! We are pleased to announce the launch of the D'ni Network, or, as we like to call it, the D'net!

The D'ni Network is a group of cooperative (but not always like-minded!) individuals who have banded together to fulfill the need for the groups in D'ni to have a single, coordinated way to get their word out to the Explorers, through the use of facilitated interviews, discussions and events. Think of us as your one-stop shopping for Cat-herding, Pony (Bahro??) Express and PR!

We serve all groups, regardless of affiliation or viewpoint. We are unaffiliated and unbeholden to any group, agency or person, and will not advocate on behalf of any group or person.

Our interaction with groups and Explorers will be primarily "In Cavern", and our focus is groups with a primarily In Cavern presence. We do not handle "Out Of Cavern" events, unless specifically requested to do so by Cyan Worlds, Inc.

Some of our offered services include:

Town Halls:
~Public gatherings wherein a group or person presents information on a specific topic, which is followed by a scheduled, topical Question and Answer session.

Announcements:
~Similar, but without a scheduled Q&A period.

Round Table Discussions:
~Open forum discussions on any topic relevant to D'ni and the Explorers.

Pen & Ink Interviews:
~Written questions delivered to a particular personality, and presentation of their answers.

Information Dissemination:
~ Announcements posted in the imager in the D'ni Network 'hood
~ KI mailings
~ In Cavern 'town crier' service
~ Distribution on various websites

Every group, at some point, needs to spread information to the Explorers. Take some of the burden off your group, and let us handle some of the work!

Groups that have already signed on for our services include:
The D'ni Restoration Council
The Great Tree
D'ni Jazz Club

Please visit the D'net at www.dninetwork.net to learn more about who we are and what we do. As we grow, we'll be looking to expand our services, and our team.

Come join the Network today!

Professor Askew KI 161580
Blade Lakem KI 68300
Vortmax KI 177919
Gadren KI 66938
Tweek KI 53747
Eleri KI 68241

P.S.: We know that there are going to be a lot of questions about why we decided to pursue this path. We'd like to ask that everyone visit http://www.dninetwork.net/why/ for a more in depth explanation of the project.
L'lee
Wow! What a gargantuan task you guys have bitten off! Congratulations on the D'net!! clapping.gif (Maybe now you can get back to the fun of being EX-politicians! lmao.gif )

May I suggest that you recruit our WeeKIly Reporter (a.k.a. Maximus) to your news services? He's single-handedly done a great job with unbiased interviews and informational newsletters as recent events have unfold in the cavern.
Ayli
Interesting development thumbsup.gif Congratulatioans on the new beginning clapping.gif You guys are doing a great job for the community. Thanks. clapping.gif
Lord Chaos
To: Eleri, representing the D'net
Subject: Publicity for Up On the Roof!

Dear Ms. Eleri:

As you know, publicizing an event in the Cavern is quite a problem. The Rooftop Volunteer Group has pursuied various methods for spreading the word about our Up On the Roof! parties. Quite frankly, though, we'd rather be party hosts and if your group is set up to handle publicity we'd be very glad to turn the whole thing over to you.

At the moment we're still trying to find a party venue. Access to traditional party locations is, um, a bit spotty at the moment due to various KI and "lattice" problems. Still, I'm interested in discussions about publicity because eventually I assume we'll find a place to throw a party.

Thank you for letting us know about this, and I hope it works very well. I think it's a great idea.
--(signed) Lord Chaos

P.S. An examination of your Web site (I like the design, by the way) doesn't show any way of contacting your group. How do we tell you about an event?
VAXJedi
QUOTE (Lord Chaos @ Jan 18 2007, 07:41 PM) *
P.S. An examination of your Web site (I like the design, by the way) doesn't show any way of contacting your group. How do we tell you about an event?

A PM to one of us will work, or a KImail to one of us. We are still finishing up some of the details, so we may have a better method later.

BladeLakem
Hagenn
Are there any plans or investigations for the D'ni Network to work with the Cavern Communications Network (CCN?) It might be fruitful to have D'net words appearing in the pages of The Cavern Today.
jarelav
A PR firm serving the explorers? Great! thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

A question: I thought Whilyam and earthwizard were also one of your group, or are they mainly with the AoG?
Deem
Good going on the meetings today, Eleri (and Earthwizard). Good luck to you both. clapping.gif
Hagenn
QUOTE (Hagenn @ Apr 28 2007, 07:15 PM) *
Are there any plans or investigations for the D'ni Network to work with the Cavern Communications Network (CCN?) It might be fruitful to have D'net words appearing in the pages of The Cavern Today.

Silly me... the CCN is already listed in D'Net's client list. oops.gif
Joseph
Observing the Day of Darkness?
I want to see the site!
Is that just an excuse for "Under Construction"?
Ken Telinome
Very nice! This is what the community needs, a hub to help list and organize all of the various facets of the community. And it looks good too! clapping.gif
jarelav
QUOTE (Joseph @ May 1 2007, 04:51 AM) *
Observing the Day of Darkness?
I want to see the site!
Is that just an excuse for "Under Construction"?

This site here? Where did you see "under construction?"
Marten
For D'ni Network, be sure you go to the address www.dninetwork.net , not .com.

It's also possible that the site was temporarily offline yesterday. Things happen.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.