Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Realmyst On Gametap - It's Here!
Guild of Greeters > Ages of Myst (including all Myst games and related media) > General Discussion - Not Puzzle Help > Myst, MME & realMyst
dadguy
For those of you with GameTap subscritions, RealMyst is now up and operational on GameTap. I played it and it worked great. What a good game!!!

Dadguy
ghaelen
Yay! It's the one I couldn't get. I am sooo thrilled about this. Maybe I'll actually go and poke around on GameTap for a change.
D'anak
smile.gif Thanks for the Heads-Up Dadguy smile.gif

The last time I tried it on my latest machine... (from the boxed game) ... It wouldn't run...

Verrrrrry Cooooool thumbsup.gif
Michi
QUOTE (D'anak @ Feb 2 2007, 06:57 PM) *
smile.gif Thanks for the Heads-Up Dadguy smile.gif

The last time I tried it on my latest machine... (from the boxed game) ... It wouldn't run...

Verrrrrry Cooooool thumbsup.gif

I played it not long ago. It is sooooo awesome! I had bought RealMyst years ago, because I love Myst and wanted to see Rime. Problem is, my computer would never play it. How happy to see that it works on Game Tap! Love the weather and new textures. worship.gif
D'anak
... Now I have my nine year old son playing it!!! clapping.gif

I hope I am creating another Mystaholic.

He was trying to play on URU Live... but I sent him back to the beginning to get some practice. So far he loves it!

But if you happen to see a kid lost in URU (Z'ach)... give him a hand.... He's trying, and some people were a bit "impatient" his last time in.
Michi
Sweet. Our members are raising their children to heed the call of the cavern! bye2.gif

Hopefully Z'ach will meet some better mannered players in the future. wink3.gif

Welcome to the Cavern Z'ach. bye2.gif
CAGrayWolf
The other good thing about this, along with having Myst Masterpiece and Riven on GameTap, is for those that have upgraded to Vista can still play these games. They work great within the GameTap client ... where there will not work in Vista. As a matter of fact, realMYST will not even install in Vista.
alaina
Yeah i saw ot a while back and installed still havent had teh time to actually it though lol. My four yr old plays online course he has no idea what hes doing lol. but he likes to run around and link every five seconds lol. I have it set up where he cant bother others though since ke cant even spell yet. He knows his alphabet though and and types the same letters zillions of times across the screen which is why i have it where he is in his own bevin lol. With ignore set up so he cant comunicate that easily. But he has agood time and thats what is important. Im sure in his little mind he thinks hes playing just like everyone else lol.
Rex Havoc
That is one game I regret not buying... I keep thinking I need to get it downloaded. So many games, so little time...
Grieyls
Hi Peeps,

Rex I would have to say that it is one game you cannot be without. Even if you haven't played it it is a must have. Possibly the most beautiful rendition of Myst ever done... Well if you want my oppinion in any case wink3.gif

Grieyls
Rex Havoc
Thanks! smile.gif I should look for an actual copy on eBay or something... sprint.gif
Michi
QUOTE (Grieyls @ Nov 8 2007, 12:31 AM) *
Hi Peeps,

Rex I would have to say that it is one game you cannot be without. Even if you haven't played it it is a must have. Possibly the most beautiful rendition of Myst ever done... Well if you want my oppinion in any case wink3.gif

Grieyls

I agree 100%! thumbsup.gif If you do get it though, try not to get your hopes up...until you can verify that it works on your machine that it. smile.gif

Good luck.
Grieyls
Hi Peeps,

Well if you're worried it won't work then I would just download it off gametap and see if works there. If it does then by all means get your hardcopy wink3.gif I'd give you mine but well I'm kinda attached to it bleh.gif

Grieyls
CAGrayWolf
QUOTE (Grieyls @ Nov 10 2007, 11:30 AM) *
Well if you're worried it won't work then I would just download it off gametap and see if works there. If it does then by all means get your hardcopy wink3.gif

Please note, that just because a game will work on your computer through GameTap is NO guarantee that a hard copy version of the game will work. One thing that GameTap does is restructure many of these games so that they are playable through the GameTap client and only a small portion of the game (minus MOUL) is actually downloaded to your system.

Case in point ... MYST, Riven and realMYST will not work or install on my current system ... but I can play them through GameTap just fine.
Michi
QUOTE (CAGrayWolf @ Nov 10 2007, 05:50 PM) *
QUOTE (Grieyls @ Nov 10 2007, 11:30 AM) *
Well if you're worried it won't work then I would just download it off gametap and see if works there. If it does then by all means get your hardcopy wink3.gif

Please note, that just because a game will work on your computer through GameTap is NO guarantee that a hard copy version of the game will work. One thing that GameTap does is restructure many of these games so that they are playable through the GameTap client and only a small portion of the game (minus MOUL) is actually downloaded to your system.

Case in point ... MYST, Riven and realMYST will not work or install on my current system ... but I can play them through GameTap just fine.

As far as RealMyst goes, all I have to say is: DITTO laugh.gif
Dogwood
real myst ive not played that version yet:( But do you all remember when we linked in to the island We didnt have a clue about any of it...
Even the clues we got didnt make much sense:) But only if we knew then what we know now....smile.gif
Moranda
Real Myst from GT is working on my machine.........a bit choppy in the graphics dept. and I tend go get a little sea sick from the first person movement.
Dakro
I think the only bug is when you meet Atrus, so when you get to K'veer bare with it.

Otherwise its an excellent game. The day night cycle is beautiful. It'll be great to go to Myst with others, hopefully with a similiar day/night cycle. As long as its not like Myst V.
Spellbreaker
I must say especially the "wood age" is much less confusing in realtime 3D then it was in the original myst wink3.gif
Michi
QUOTE (Spellbreaker @ Nov 15 2007, 03:21 AM) *
I must say especially the "wood age" is much less confusing in realtime 3D then it was in the original myst wink3.gif

I agree. with the hypercard-style it was too easy to go past what you wanted or needed. The new interface makes the transitions much smoother and makes it easier to move where you want. cool.gif
I also found it easier for moving around Myst island, when I had to interact with the box things that are around the miniature ship.
Grieyls

Hi peeps,

Gah, yes well... Ahem I did not make an error in judgement there bleh.gif Ahem.... Anyhoooo... What I meant was now that I can say that cause as you know I DID NOT MAKE AN ERROR.... Get that?... Good.... Ahem, well as I was saying if the boxed version does not work then you can still play the gametap version. Yes that's what I said, and you better believe it or the penguin gets it! bleh.gif

Grieyls
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.