Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tetsonot
Guild of Greeters > Myst Online: Uru Live > Myst Online: URU Live Game Discussion > The Pod Ages
Tayma
URU's newest pod age is by far the spookiest. I went to it for the first time just before the portal opened and it was flashing blood red. I found myself wading through ankle deep water that even with the lights on, I could barely see. Went through the portal only to face a black screen. Guess too many ppl had the same idea. Completely unnerving. Still, I can't wait to do it again. My question is, does anyone know what time the portal will open today or the time difference between it and other pods.
Thanks. smile.gif

Moderator Note

fixed the title linking.gif

UruBoo
Tetsonot portal today:

Click here to view/hide a spoiler.
12:31:19 KI time. It means one hour from now shock.gif sprint.gif
Amn
I figured out when the portal appears on Tetsonot, however when I portalled I just got black screen and after 20 min had to quit out down.gif .

By the way, it appears that the portal times between pods have changed dramatically;
the website was early by four and a half minutes on Neg.

I actually had the time to get In Cavern for Neg, Pay, and Tetsonot. I've only calculated the time for Dereno and haven't checked it yet; might do so tonight.

Hopefully none of this qualifies for spoiler material. if so, Mod please drop the tags in for me.

Moderator Note

Added spoiler tags to possible spoilery stuff

J'iim
I was plagued by black screen links until I finally figured out why I only had trouble with one avatar. That was the one I never bothered to take a KI shot or do something to force some communication with the server. Now this is purely subjective and may have no bearing on reality but... if I take a KI shot of the portal just before I attempt to enter the portal, the server has to download the copy to my hard drive (or vice versa since I don't know which way the data is going). In any case, this seems to increase my chances of a successful link. Be aware that you may end up with your KI stuck open and you will be unable to close it by clicking on the button and of course you can't walk into the portal. Some quit taps on F2 seems to unlock it and then you can move through the portal. This has not always worked but after 3 failed attempts at Dereno and starting to take a quick picture before moving into a portal, I have made it through about 75% of the time.
Tayma
Strangely enough, this is the only portal that has given me any trouble. Even when I walked through yesterday it seemed to hang, but I waited it out. My friend who also went through when I did, had the black screen that time. They seemed to stagger the times a little yesterday, probably to give the server a break. Anyway, I'm glad I finished it, because I don't want to hang out there, and especially not alone. If the flashing lights don't get to you, then the creaking sounds like the walls are close to collapsing will. I told my friends, it's the perfect romantic getaway.............if you're a ghoul. laugh.gif
TroutLule
QUOTE (Amn @ Apr 20 2007, 09:11 PM) *
I figured out when the portal appears on Tetsonot, however when I portalled I just got black screen and after 20 min had to quit out down.gif .

By the way, it appears that the portal times between pods have changed dramatically;
the website was early by four and a half minutes on Neg.

I actually had the time to get In Cavern for Neg, Pay, and Tetsonot. I've only calculated the time for Dereno and haven't checked it yet; might do so tonight.

Hopefully none of this qualifies for spoiler material. if so, Mod please drop the tags in for me.

Moderator Note

Added spoiler tags to possible spoilery stuff

Doesn't our Moderator write such cute moderation notes for us?! "Spoilery stuff! Luff it! thumbsup.gif
jarelav
QUOTE (J @ Apr 20 2007, 01:58 PM) *
if I take a KI shot of the portal just before I attempt to enter the portal, the server has to download the copy to my hard drive (or vice versa since I don't know which way the data is going). In any case, this seems to increase my chances of a successful link. Be aware that you may end up with your KI stuck open and you will be unable to close it by clicking on the button and of course you can't walk into the portal. Some quit taps on F2 seems to unlock it and then you can move through the portal. This has not always worked but after 3 failed attempts at Dereno and starting to take a quick picture before moving into a portal, I have made it through about 75% of the time.

I would not even chance it this time with Tetsonot (maybe later, AFTER my avvies have their--prizes). Though I did take shots of the first three. I did not want it to happen again as it did with Payiferen. Also I notice that pressing F2 in a laggy situation causes my KI window to freeze while half-open, a pensive situation when you're trying to close it when there's an open portal in front of you!
J'iim
QUOTE (jarelav @ Apr 22 2007, 02:22 AM) *
Also I notice that pressing F2 in a laggy situation causes my KI window to freeze while half-open, a pensive situation when you're trying to close it when there's an open portal in front of you!

Oh, yes. That is the risk you take using this method. I froze almost 20 seconds taking an avvie through Tetsonot doing this last night. That's the 3 out of 4 successes vs the 3 failures in a row choice. I also noted that the KI gets way out sync with other peoples KI. I was PMing with Ayli when she said her portal has opened right on time and my KI was still showing 4 minutes to go until my calculated time. She told me her KI time and sure enough, her time was 4 minutes later than mine. About 3 minutes later my portal opened with a KI time 1 minute before the time I was expecting. This may be how the servers are trying to balance the load or is merely an indication that the KI is a software clock not bound to the system clock and is only synchronized with reality every so often.
CAGrayWolf
I was able to get my Tetsonot Portal yesterday evening and it arrived on time. One crucial piece of advise I was give ... was to wait till the Portal fully forms before walking into it. This is supposedly suppose to help with the link and avoiding the "black screen" syndrome. So I waited and once it fully formed I walked through ... the link was still long ... about 5 minutes I think ... but I did make it through. I didn't time it specifically, because I deside to go have a smoke and just let it sit and see what happens. So when I came back ... about 10 minutes later ... I was standing in the cave.
Yew Azwell
I guess I am one of the lucky ones...I have never ever had any trouble getting to the bahro cave. I don't hang, I don't get the BSOD, I just link in, get what I came for, and link out. I am also there when there is the highest incident of people trying to link through as well. I wonder if it doesn't have something to do with the computers or connections that those of you who do crash are running.

I do, however, have a problem with linking via the starfield. sometimes it crashes my game. Used to do this 99% of the time when I first started playing as another avi and even though the frequency of it happening has decreased, it is still a problem from time to time.
Shana
Ok... long time reader, first time poster. bleh.gif

If the Negilahn pod is on Negilahn, the Dereno pod is on Dereno, Payiferen... an so on. What does Testonot represent? It's not the island the pod is even near... that's Cheecho. I've tried to translate the sounds of the syllables... but I can't get anywhere with it. Any ideas?
J'iim
QUOTE (Shana @ Apr 25 2007, 10:11 PM) *
Ok... long time reader, first time poster. bleh.gif

If the Negilahn pod is on Negilahn, the Dereno pod is on Dereno, Payiferen... an so on. What does Testonot represent? It's not the island the pod is even near... that's Cheecho. I've tried to translate the sounds of the syllables... but I can't get anywhere with it. Any ideas?

Since it appears at the edge of the map and seems to be underwater, perhaps it is named for the sea or ocean it's it... an area and name not seen on the map. And notice that there are 6 pods in Payiferen, but we only call pod #13 Payiferen after the area it's in. Following this line of reasoning, Tetsonot must be in an area called Tetsonot.

Welcome to the forum, Shana! bye2.gif
William H. Maier
It is in the land of Kleenex shock.gif lmao.gif
Shana
Maybe Tetsonot means "busted down leaky tin can" in D'ni. shock.gif

Certainly we're going on the names of the pods given to us by the DRC... just thought it odd that the last one wasn't named in the same pattern as the first three. Maybe we'll find out why later. Never can tell.
racegirl
QUOTE (William H. Maier @ Apr 27 2007, 04:23 AM) *
It is in the land of Kleenex shock.gif lmao.gif

Or the land A-Cheecho!! (bless you!) laugh.gif
jarelav
QUOTE (Shana @ Apr 26 2007, 10:50 AM) *
Maybe Tetsonot means "busted down leaky tin can" in D'ni. shock.gif

Or maybe Tetsonot is also the name of a sunken island. shock.gif

And welcome to our forum!! thumbsup.gif
Rebecca5
I checked it out the other day and about fell into the water with surprise. I'm going to try to get through the portal today.

I'll have all four stones for each pod then. I haven't done the two Eder ages yet as I can't find anyone to help me.

Have been a long time lurker. Glad to be here. thumbsup.gif
J'iim
QUOTE (Rebecca5 @ Apr 27 2007, 09:38 AM) *
I checked it out the other day and about fell into the water with surprise. I'm going to try to get through the portal today.

I'll have all four stones for each pod then. I haven't done the two Eder ages yet as I can't find anyone to help me.

Have been a long time lurker. Glad to be here. thumbsup.gif

Welcome to the GoG Forum, Rebecca bye2.gif !

Groups form for Eder Delin and Eder Tsogal in the GoG Bevin all the time. Weekend evenings for the US seem to be good time to try to join a team. Also recruiting for teams happens in the public city. You just have to stroll around and keep an ear out.
Rebecca5
Oh thanks! I'll have to do that then. Can the whole group go into the cave?
J'iim
QUOTE (Rebecca5 @ Apr 27 2007, 10:59 AM) *
Oh thanks! I'll have to do that then. Can the whole group go into the cave?

Only if you are fast enough to get through the door before it closes. laugh.gif
However, each player goes to a separate copy of the cave... only one player to a cave!
d'rbeh
yes, rebecca... depending on if they are quick enough when the door begins to open... however, strangely enough, you will not wind up in the same place as any of your fellow door-opening team members...

and welcome to the forum!

another way of possibly finding a team is to post in the general discussion area of this forum that you'd like to form a door-opening team a certain time and place... smile.gif
Rebecca5
Thanks for the advice and help! I've been playing these games for years and was even there when URU first began and then crashed. I'm glad it's back up and running. This is really exciting. And yes, I have no life. LOL
d'rbeh
i'm sure you've found yourself among a great many ardent fans of myst and the entire series... so you are in good company. wink3.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.