Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Great Zero Hints Needed ... A "duh" Post
Guild of Greeters > Myst Online: Uru Live > Myst Online: URU Live Game Discussion > Ae'gura and Great Zero
maryc64
shock.gif So to my delight I discover The Great Zero! Wheee! Something new. I go there. Read the directions in the book. Wonder if I have an updated Ki. Entered my hand into machine and rec'd. 15 little green tiles on the bottom left side of Ki. Now it says, look for markers. There's something orange, and having a hissy fit in the air. I tag it! I click on the flashing circle on my Ki and try to move about and get out of anti-chamber in order to look for the other 14, assuming I have the first "GZM."
How do I get out? I have touched everything that I can? Is there a secret door?
Where do I go next?
I am one of those with ADHD and can't just be patient and figure stuff out. I need a walkthrough! Who will help those of us lacking in patience to figure all of this out?
Is there a thread or a walkthrough somewhere? I so wanna do this! Please give me a link to some hints/spoilers/walkthrough for this section other than the book.
*Have you all noted that one can't take pics of the book with their Ki??? That's problematic!* The book covers the Ki. If one hits the Ki, the book disappears!

worship.gif BTW: To the Industrial Complex so well monitored by Corona:
I appreciate your top concern! It made me laugh!
Posting your medical emergencies is always appropriate in these forums! I'm so glad you shared... Obviously someone had to post something as there was nothing to do for so long. For some reason your major health concern has flooded my mind and I keep remembering the thread and laughing! It was so perfectly stated!

Also, I am NOT complaining about waiting for things to do in Uru live. I feel privileged just to be there and have a chance to play something that is ground breaking for adventure gamers! thumbsup.gif

[EDIT]Topic title edited.
Trillian
maryc64,

Wander around Uru...take in the sights...GZM's could be anywhere! wink3.gif Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it!

I know it's vague, but I hope it helps blush.gif
CAGrayWolf
Shorah Maryc!

Below is a link to all the in-game journals that you can easily print out if need be.

In-game Journals & Speeches

You can also find the journals on our main website under the Library tab.
kurtg1265
How do I get out? I have touched everything that I can? Is there a secret door?
Where do I go next?

How did you get out , quit the game ? There should be a Nexus book in the room that you can use to leave the room . That is the only way back out .

The markers will be mainly in public areas like the city and hoods . I have mainly just walked around with the KI open and watched for the little white pulsing circle to turn red . That seems to be the easiest way .

Also as a side note , you shouldnt need your KI open to take a picture with it . I think it is F5 that will take a KI picture any time you press it . If you open your game options while playing and go to controls , you can look through and see what keys do what . There are quite a few Fkey shortcuts available . Also , should you desire , most actions you can remap the keys to something you are more comfortable with .
maryc64
[B]You all are so nice! Even though it is confusing to my brain as I've only been gaming about 2 years and on the net just a bit more...it's a thrill! I have found three GZM's in the neighborhood for a total of 4.
Now, do people just go to others neighborhoods? I feel like I'm an intruder.
Uniquehorn spent so much time with me. Now he is in Europe and I in Wa. State. Does distance have anything to do with how long the messages seem to take? One would think not. But keying in messages is strange. The letters appear so much longer after one keys them in.
I just turned down game quality as my pointer was so bouncy; it would overshoot or undershoot where I pointed it. I spend half my time adjusting for best game, but it's all worth it.
I appreciate all this help. Glad to know I can print out the pages of the GZ book.
I really would like to follow someone and find the GZM's but then again, it's the game and fun that counts.
To be a part of this is so awesome! I am so greatful, if you know what I mean!
BTW...I can't log into UBI's forums! It accepts my password and such and says I am going to an insecure server. I proceed and get a dead page. Now I've overcome that notice before but I wonder if there's another problem.
Thanks all! biggrin.gif
Gayle
Well, have 20 makers and have two questions.

I had read here there was a marker in the egg room and I know where it is but can't get in, why?

If I do get in and get the marker that is 21. From all the posts I have read, that seems to be all there is for now, is that right?

Other than the Baron's office, are there any markers in other worlds?

How will we know more have been added?

Thanks
trickster721
The Egg Room isn't open yet, but can be accessed by a glitch which involves jumping off the Neighborhood balcony. It's tricky. Either that marker was meant for when the Egg Room opens, or (less likely) it was placed there for people who managed the glitch.

That's the number that have been discovered so far. The one in the Egg Room demonstrates that there will probably be more in new areas.

The Baron's Office is actually in the Cavern. There aren't any markers in the Prime ages or other non-Cavern locations. At least that's what the GZ notebook implies, and none have been found so far.

You'll know when new markers have been discovered by reading the wonderful, informative GoG forums. biggrin.gif
Gayle
Thanks, I tried and tried jumping off the balcony with no luck. I got the marker off the roof from someone told me to jump on the cone next to the classroom and while in mid-air click on my KI. It worked.

Well, maybe later I will try the balcony thing again but don't think it is worth the trouble.

Well, if the announcement is here, please make a new subject such as Additional Marker Locations or something. If it is just a continuation of a thread, no one is going to see it.

I guess that is all I can play for now.
Corona
QUOTE (maryc64 @ Jan 9 2004, 05:25 PM)
worship.gif BTW: To the Industrial Complex so well monitored by Corona:
I appreciate your top concern! It made me laugh!
Posting your medical emergencies is always appropriate in these forums! I'm so glad you shared... Obviously someone had to post something as there was nothing to do for so long.  For some reason your major health concern has flooded my mind and I keep remembering the thread and laughing!  It was so perfectly stated!

innocent.gif Thank you Mary. Those empty threads were so untouched, so crispy clean for so long, eventually I broke down & posted that. I just couldn't help myself. biggrin.gif
maryc64
*Shift...I've tried the balcony jump and saw another person do it. They said they went to a void. Now, they might not have had enough GZM's to make it work, though. I have 16 markers and am exhausted after finally arriving in the city just to crawl around. We do need hints.
Are there more markers in the new Ground Zero? I have found one, so far.

*Corona, keep up your clever posts. Tell us when you stumble and share. Fill those threads. And keep The Industrial Complex area open. It will help contribute to all the confusion. Besides, you needed emergency aid. What is a person to do if one can't post medical concerns with their Uru buddies??? Haha.
...Kind of like the Kilgore Trout of Uru, if you know the background about Kilgore Trout!
I like the pic you pasted!

My back hurts so much, it's going to be difficult to get up. I squirm and move a lot but it doesn't help much. Waiting until 2 am to get to the city didn't help!

What was with the hum rather than background noise?

*Trickster: Must we return to the city for some of the second set of markers and crawl around in time-lag land? Fess up! Tell us so we'll be prepared! Thanks so much all!

Later gators! sleep2.gif
Thomaash
I've made a list of how many markers are in wich area's

Click here to view a spoiler.
trickster721
maryc64 -

From what I've heard, the same markers are used for the first set and second set (green and red). So if you got all nine in the City for your green set, then that's all for now.
Corona
Yeah, you can only get so many red markers right now as it is. When they open more of the City you can collect more of the 15 red marker lights you need to access the area behind the GZ Courtyard. (Behind the 2 glass doors.) Don't forget to check the dead-end balconies & rooms located in the City.
Frobee3
smile.gif I have 21 markers and have not picked up the one in the egg room yet. So that makes 22 markers you can get. I've also heard other people say they have found 23.
maryc64
Exhausted and circle never shimmered red:
Well, I just spent quite awhile in the Neighborhood, balconies, roof, GZ, GZ water festival land, and still my white circle never shimmered red! I walked. I crawled along walls. I went into dark corners like some thief in the night! I zigzagged and no flicker of white circle! I tried getting help in other neighborhoods. I got help from a friend who showed me a spot in the classroom. No flickering of red! I gotta quit whining! cry.gif I do wonder if Uru was working correctly tonight, though, as my searches were so thorough!

huh.gif *Fashion: So I have one solid red tile and the rest are unfashionably faded!

*Hard hats:Took off my hard hat! Really! What's that about? We lose our long hair when we wear hard hat?
Anyone get a t-shirt? If I can't jump off the balcony to the egg room, I might as well get a T-shirt.

* Is there a balcony jump thread? My problem is that I can't make one jump repelling off the wall over the edge of the balcony w/o stepping on the balcony!
Can one step on balcony and still make it after repelling?

*Plan of marker attack: Will wake in middle of night and try to break into the sacred city! It's so tough to get into!

I am very, very thankful for the responses in this thread. They will help me a lot.
I have more clues! Thanks so much!

Gayle
I have 21 markers now and still can't make the leap and if I did make the leap to try and get into the egg room, what if I miss the ledge and have to do the jump over again. No thanks, will wait on that one.
Corona
They'll open ol' Eggy soon enough.

Leggo my Eggo.
LaReh
The real question is, when will they open the Bacon Room? shock.gif
Stungthumbz
QUOTE (LaReh @ Jan 21 2004, 04:07 PM)
The real question is, when will they open the Bacon Room?  shock.gif

roll.gif roll.gif roll.gif I'm ready for that! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.