Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm Stuck!
Guild of Greeters > Ages of Myst (including all Myst games and related media) > Puzzle/Gameplay Help > URU: Ages Beyond Myst > UrU: Ages Beyond Myst - Prime Ages > Teledahn
Arren
I'm trying to get to the spy room, but I can't open the gate in the slave caves! I tried to do the same thing that I did to open it the first time, but it doesn't work. What am I doing wrong (or is my game glitched)?

Moderator Note

moved to the right forum linking.gif

J'iim
There was a glitch in Teledahn after one of the updates (Episode 8 I believe). The best thing is to revert everything back to original. Remove any objects from the pressure plates, and set the flippers so that only the 2nd, 4th, 6th, and 7th paddle is up (showing the yellow side). Then link out and return and resolve the prison puzzle. That should clear your glitch. Getting to the spy room involves a bit of running around the long way. smile.gif
alaina
Game is glitched . The answer above is the one that worked for me as well.
Arren
I'm not using Uru live, though. I'm using the "To D'ni" expansion pack. Should I just reset it anyway? Would it work the same?
jarelav
QUOTE (Arren @ Jan 1 2008, 10:47 AM) *
I'm not using Uru live, though. I'm using the "To D'ni" expansion pack. Should I just reset it anyway? Would it work the same?

Welcome to our forum.

Try resetting and see if it works. Please let us know how it went. smile.gif
Kon'Dor
'scuse me if I am off base here but....

Click here to view/hide a spoiler.
1. When you want into the cell originally, you set 4 weights on 4 plates as specified by diagram in office.
2. Once in the cells, you want the doors to close again so that the rear door opens.
3. You ( or at least most people ) flip one (1) paddle and front double doors close and rear door opens.
4. But! You have now changed the combination. If you go around to the outside ( pressure plate side ) of the cell doors, they will not open with the same weights and plates combination because you have reset the lock to require a different combination of weights and plates. It is not that anything is borked or glitched, the doors are working exactly the way they should.

However, for what it is worth, here is how I do it.

I place three weights on three plates. I stand on one of the 4 required plates closest to the double doors and facing toward door. Doors open because they consider me as the 4th weight. I run through the open doors. You have plenty of time before the doors close again. The doors close behind me because one of the plates is now missing its weight ( me ). Rear door opens because front double doors have closed. I never have to change or reset the combination.
Dogwood
I remember doing what Kon'Dor suggested it works great. clapping.gif
Michi
Me too. I remember having problems in Prologue when I used items for all 4 pressure plates. Since that first time, I have been the "fourth weight" and it works great!
Rocky
Antoher thing to take note of is...
that sometimes the gate on the left will not work like it is programed to!!!
I put a item there and use the gate and pressure plate on the Right
bleh.gif
Michi
QUOTE (Rocky @ Jan 1 2008, 09:00 PM) *
Antoher thing to take note of is...
that sometimes the gate on the left will not work like it is programed to!!!
I put a item there and use the gate and pressure plate on the Right
bleh.gif

Is this a "known" issue? I have always gone in via the left and have never had a problem.
If it is a problem after reading this I will know who to blame! bleh.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.