Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question About J'taeri And The Watcher's (kahlo) Pub
Guild of Greeters > Myst Online: Uru Live > Myst Online: URU Live Game Discussion > Ae'gura and Great Zero
Nek'rahm
Okay... the Watcher's Pub is in the J'taeri District. This we know.

J'taeri itself is not open to the public yet. It held the Common Library as well as some lodging areas. This will probably be opened when more and more DRC Ages are released and approved.

Anywho...

Rose and Wheely found a "Cave" in the Kahlo Pub that caved in on them. My question: Anyone witness this? What "room?" Something having to do with Bahro or something?

IDK

I just wish the DRC would find out... too many "what ifs"
Lord Chaos
Nek'rahm, this is confusing. There are actually two pubs in common discussion. The Watcher's Sancturary, or Pub, is the one in J'taeri. It's the one Sharper wanted to "acquire."

Wheely and Rose were exploring the Kahlo pub, off the Third Landing of the Great Stairs. As for details, they're still lacking; any story that has been discussed has been a line drawn through far too few dots.
alaina
I know what hes referring to the pub in the episode scars two or three i cant remeber which. It wasnt a cave so much as a new crack in the pub they where exploring and everyone had been warned to stay away from. as i remember DRC was testing the stability of the new crack. The two kids decided to explore and the thing collapsed on them. remember this is my recollection of events and my memory is hazy at best lol. but i dont recall a cave. Just a large crack. does that answer the question? blush.gif bye2.gif
jarelav
IIRC Wheely and Rosette found a room in the Kahlo Pub building which had drawings of Bahro origin. According to Wheely, one of them touched one of the drawings on the wall, which then triggered loud Bahro screams, and then the rock fall occurred, trapping the two and killing Rose.

You're right, it was in "Scars."

@Nek'rahm: Watcher's Pub is in J'taeri, while Kahlo Pub is in the City, as was mentioned. Two different places.
alaina
you explainined it in much better detail than i did thanks and thank you for remembering that is was a cave. Ididnt remember taht at all thanks. i am aslo here to tell ya never post at three am in the morning when your sitting up with a cold that wont let you sleep lol thats what im doing right now. clapping.gif
Nek'rahm
So why is the shirt that you find in Ahnonay called the Kahlo Pub shirt in Uru CC?

So confusing >_<

Thanks anyway for the info. If they touched something... do you think it was a form of the Journeys? Creepy O_o
IBnetweasel
hmmm...that is confusing...somewhere in there a name definitely got crossed. The Kahlo Pub is definitely the bar located to the left of the third landing as you go up the great stairs in the city. The Watcher's Sanctuary or Pub is reached by its own link in the nexus.

The shirt you find in Ahnonay has the Great Tree on it like the one you can see from one of the landings in the Watcher's Pub...hence its connection to the Watcher's Pub...but it doesn't have any connection to the Kahlo Pub. I'll have to revisit Complete Chronicles to check on the name of the shirt.

Hope that may have cleared some things up...
IB
Marten
Behind the flowers and the wreath in the Kahlo Pub entry hall, there is a crack in the wall. The crack is not present in "instances" of Ae'gura... only in the "real" Ae'gura reached by the Nexus. The crack appeared during an earthquake near the beginning of the week of "Scars." Initially the crack was quite small...

Wheely and Rosette led many explorers to believe they were beyond the barricades on the lower level of the Library... somehow they snuck past the explorers, with their KIs turned off, back to the Kahlo Pub. There, they found that the crack had widened significantly, large enough for them to fit through. They slipped through the crack into another room beyond that wall, when another earthquake struck. The crack closed again to a narrow sliver, and Wheely and Rosette fell several stories to a room far below. Rosette was killed in the fall, but Wheely was still alive at first; she reported strange symbols on the walls, and a strange creature that somehow disabled her Relto book and Rosette's, preventing her escape. The DRC spent several days excavating into the area from behind the Kahlo Pub area. On the second level of the building, they found _a_ symbol on a wall, similar to a symbol that Nick White reported observing carved into a tree in Negiliahn. The creature accompanying Wheely killed her moments before Michael Engberg, Wheely's father, was lowered into the lowest room during the rescue attempt.

Final reports on the incident reported that the symbol on the second level had vanished, there were no symbols on the walls of the lowest room, nor any sign of the creature... only the remains of Wheely and Rosette's bodies. Nick White confirmed later that the carving on the tree in Negilahn also had vanished... as if it had never been there.
Nek'rahm
Spooky...

VERY Spooky...

So then... that's probably why the Kahlo Pub and Kahlo have yet to be released. Thanks to what happened to Wheely and Rose... the DRC is incredibly worried about that part of Ae'gura.
jarelav
QUOTE (Nek'rahm @ Jan 9 2008, 11:40 AM) *
So why is the shirt that you find in Ahnonay called the Kahlo Pub shirt in Uru CC?

So confusing >_<

Apparently in MO:UL they fixed it. If you get it, in the MO:UL Relto closet it is called "Watcher's Pub Jacket" IIRC.

And you can still access the Kahlo Pub in all instances of the City ... just not the part of the Pub where the two girls died.
Nek'rahm
Sorry, I'm still kind of new to Uru

Could someone show me a picture of the Kahlo Pub building in Ae'gura? So I'll know what I'm looking for biggrin.gif
jarelav
Here Nek'rahm smile.gif ...

Nek'rahm
oh THAT'S the Kahlo Pub...

So what's up with the Age Kahlo?

Screenshots were revealed for it... and yet who knows.

Maybe the Pub will be revitalized with the Kahlo linking book on the bar table biggrin.gif
jarelav
QUOTE (Nek'rahm @ Jan 14 2008, 12:43 PM) *
oh THAT'S the Kahlo Pub...

So what's up with the Age Kahlo?

Screenshots were revealed for it... and yet who knows.

Maybe the Pub will be revitalized with the Kahlo linking book on the bar table biggrin.gif

laugh.gif Yes, it is easy to confuse the Kahlo Pub with the Age of Kahlo but the Age is different.

More on the Age of Kahlo: source 1 source 2

As for putting it on the bar table, why not submit a feature request on it today at http://support.mystonline.com and/or on the MO:UL Suggestions Forum?
Marten
I think of the relationship between the Kahlo Pub and the age of Kahlo like the relationship between Outback Steakhouse, and Australia. Perhaps the Kahlo Pub may have once been "themed" to the Age from which it borrowed its name.
Nek'rahm
Lol, who knows?

I'd like to see it released though... it was in Phase 4 for crying out loud XD
jarelav
QUOTE (Nek'rahm @ Jan 14 2008, 03:44 PM) *
Lol, who knows?

I'd like to see it released though... it was in Phase 4 for crying out loud XD

Currently the DRC site lists the Age as "Suspended" so its far, far away from being released.

Kahlo | Suspended | Vote 3-1 for Suspension. Will reasses at later date. 9.30.06

Hmm ... want to make another feature request to release it soon?
Jeff Lewis
I'll make a feature request for sure! I've been drooling over the images of Kahlo for a while. I must see "the hive" place!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.