Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Teledahn Won't Power Up
Guild of Greeters > Myst Online: Uru Live > Myst Online: URU Live Game Discussion > Teledahn
wolfsonb
I've finished Prime so I know how this Age works. But, I went online to Live long before finishing Prime, and imported my Prime progress back then without understanding the implications. I then returned to Prime and finished it, so now I have to replay through everything in Live.

That would be OK, but now Teledahn won't power up. I'm on the K. shard. I've done the right things:

Click here to view a spoiler.

At first there was power, but only for a few seconds . Then everything slowed down and stopped. Now there's nothing and no amount of "resetting" things seems to make a difference.

Does anyone know what's going on?
Christoph
Sometimes there can be a bug when loading an age. In this example your power. I have two ideas that may help.

First: If you are on the Atrus shard send a bug report by typing "/bug {description of bug}" and soon a CCR will send you a response either in game or via an answered bug report in your e-mail you used to make your account for the game.

The second solution I can think of is to try deleting your progress for the age. If you haven't done that before, go to your Relto and click the D'Ni Zero located below the Teledahn book, click yes to delete progress, and hopefully when you go back and re-solve the power puzzle it will stick. Note: You do not lose any journey cloths you have found, resetting an age only reset the puzzles.
anthonia
Hi,

I just found out that the sun should not be in the center of my telescope (not in the inner ring) but left of the center, so the telescope sort of chases it.

Greetz

Anthonia
Hobeaux
a new player came to the GoG hood for help with his power in Teledahn -- he had done it already in Prime so knew how it was _supposed_ to work, but had the same problem that's discussed earlier in the thread.

I went to his age and took a look for myself.

what he saw in periscope: sun in center of scope
what I saw in periscope: sun far to the left of center

while we were talking to one another the sun would periodically slip into what the system thought was the middle of the periscope and briefly power the system (less than a second).

I looked through the scope, centered the sun and nothing. starting with the sun in the middle of my scope view I then panned the across the horizon until the sun returned to the middle. at not time did i hear the sound of the machines start up.

upon exiting the scope, the player (kungfu) mentioned that he heard the machines start once or twice while I was working the scope (odd. i never heard it.)

knowing that he could make it work, then, I set the speed of the scope to be one click slower than sun and had him wait it out. ignoring what he saw, he waited until the machines started and then clicked the left button to make it match the sun's speed. presto! it worked.

As stated in the previous post, the sun's position was to the left of the middle of the scope rather than in the middle.

weird.

posted a /bug report, but who knows if anyone reads those...
Edrik
That happened to me as well. I couldn't hear the machines while syncing either. But i turned my volume up and heard it better then. Ya the system thinks the sun is more the left than it is displayed in the sky. Sometimes it will occasionally slip out of that postion(the sun that is) and you will have to sync it again. Also the bucket won't drop me in the control room..... IK hd imported all of my progress from prime and was long finished with this. But i wanted to turn my machines on again. Some suggested deleting my age book. I did. Situation:Much worse. The problem not the least bit solved. Now I can't go se shroomie anymore! And that blasted bucket! Also the machine will reset or somthing when you leave the age and coem back. You must periodaically re-sync it again.
Moranda
Major Bug!!!!
This occurs in Katran Shard only and I have restarted the age 5 times now.

At this rate, I will never finish Teledahn. censored.gif
Corona
Poor Mo! hug.gif I finished the Ages quite a while ago. I'm not looking forward to trying them over again with all these screw ups happening recently.
kurtg1265
I'm so glad I was able to import my offline game to the Katran shard . bleh.gif

*runs*
indy
QUOTE (Moranda @ Jan 14 2004, 01:25 PM)

I wished they that would happen to me in the Six Flag park biggrin.gif

Sorry Mo to hear you have these problems. I also have not finished Prime. Maybe I should do it now before they add an other shard huh.gif
ydontuknow
Moranda, Hi
I have also had the problem I think you are having. But since I have finished this level before I knew what to look for-I mean listen for.

If you are having trouble powering up the Age the view this

Let me know if that works for you thumbsup.gif
ydontuknow
Moranda igornoe my last one. But I have had that proble there also. What i did was minimize the screen because I wanted to take a picture of going down. But when I brought the screen back up I was were I was supose to be standing on the grid.
Try it.

tux.gif tux.gif tux.gif tux.gif whip.gifI told you to look at the rest of her question!!
Edrik
Ya i would have had to take an endless bucket ride as well but, I had brought friends along just for this kind of situation. They stopped me exac tly where i had to get out but i couldn't climb out so i had to go back. The door doesn't open. It is open a little at the top by a crack but it stays like that.

* Added spoiler tags to protect the innocent
CAGrayWolf
Corona should relate to this best ... since it was his discovery.

Edrik
Thx for the tags.... I forgot all about them. blush.gif
Bigland
I thought I was going to have an endless bucket ride as well (passing through a closed door, as others have described), when after three or four trips round, the door suddenly opened and the buckets stopped. Typically, the bucket I was in was hanging over the swamp. Then my view floated gracefully to the door, and I appeared in the usual drop-off place. mellow.gif
ydontuknow
Should of taken a screenshot biggrin.gif
Edrik
Really?! shock.gif I'm not doomed?? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Rocky
QUOTE (wolfsonb @ Jan 12 2004, 04:39 AM)
I've finished Prime so I know how this Age works.  But, I went online to Live long before finishing Prime, and imported my Prime progress back then without understanding the implications.  I then returned to Prime and finished it, so now I have to replay through everything in Live.

That would be OK, but now Teledahn won't power up.  I'm on the K. shard.  I've done the right things:

At first there was power, but only for a few seconds .  Then everything slowed down and stopped. Now there's nothing and no amount of "resetting" things seems to make a difference.

Does anyone know what's going on?

shock.gif Here is something I found out ......... after hearing about this bug on line,

I loaded back in my game, off line (a Completed game) and tryed it off line!!

the same BUG is There ALSO verymad.gif

I loaded another copy of URU on another computer, and without NO Patches , ALL works ok !!

I have gotten All the updates ....... so I think it is in the patch they did, as the game worked Fine OFF LINE befor the patch!!

Rocky
Moranda
Thanks for the input! I will try your suggestion Ydontuknow cause i sure as heek don't (know( rolleyes.gif
Soosi
I had the no power bug as well. It makes the sun and telescope out of synch. You have to set the telescope by the sound of the machines powering up not by getting the sun in the sight. For mine it ended up with the sun about 5 or 6 degrees west of the sun.

Once you get the power going you'll find the 'shortcut' to the caves where the Journey door is, has been reset. The ramp is down although it appears up - it's like an invisible barrier. You have to approach it from the other side and jump up and down on it again (probably a few times).
Corona
And you get 7 Shroomies instead of 1 or 2! bleh.gif
Larelian
There is a workaround for Teledahn when it will not power up.

Apparently the sun isnt being shown where the game really thinks it is.

So you line up with the sun, the click left (so you are getting ahead of the sun you can "see").

turn up your sound so you can hear.. and let the periscope make a few rounds until you just hear the machinery try to start. Tweak left and right until you get it centered on this "phantom" sun.
Odysseus
Just a quick but minor addition to this thread...

I also am having this problem (I had turned off my power earlier in an attempt to make Shroomie come closer)

The first time I logged in and started having the problems it appeared as though I was downloading a fairly large Age update. I'm thinking that that update may have caused some corruption to the Age, either by damaging the Sun machine or by not properly migrating our current state...
Corona
Not only is the sun out of sync with the scope, if you look long enough, you'll see the sun slowly gaining towards the scopes' center. I have no idea how an incremental bug like that could've happened without being done deliberately by a developer.
Edrik
Something strange and glorious happened to me last friday!! My sun machine was working!!! All I had to do was line it up with the visible sun perfectly!! And all the other bugs in the teledahn age that came about around the same time aslo were fixed!!! Like the bucket problem!! I'm so happy!!! It allowed me to finish my age becasue I had taken some advice to jsut reset my age and didn't help any. I also got an extra tye-dye shirt out of it!! I already gave it away though. bleh.gif But, I'm sure if all of you are still experiencing the problems then Mine will most likely return shortly. angry.gif It was probably just luck.
Govindra
I think a probable explanation is that a freak wind disturbed the relation between the aiming device and the dish's line of focus. We've all heard the moans of the wind through the jail area, and there's ample evidence of prior damage in Teledahn, which damage I can't believe was all due to a shroomie.
Adnil
With the patch I got today, power seems to be restore in Teledahn. thumbsup.gif
LaReh
Excellent news! I hope this bug fix is a keeper. laugh.gif
GothBoy
QUOTE (Adnil @ Jan 20 2004, 12:12 PM)
With the patch I got today, power seems to be restore in Teledahn. thumbsup.gif

thumbsdown.gif Well, I got the patches today and I'm still not able to power up Teledahn.

At least some people are having the same BUG as me.

I've deleted the book at least three times. All that's left for me to do is uninstall and lose all uru and urulive progress I've made so far.

As a result of this bug, I cannot progress further in the game, the game is basically useless. Next step is creating a new character, testing that and then probably the uninstall.
Corona
(Obviously not a beta tester.) Do you know how many times I started from scratch in this game? I'm starting again 6 new times right now (let alone the other times I started up new.)
kurtg1265
Hehehe.........OK...........VAULT WIPE.......all 3 shards . shock.gif tongue.gif
ydontuknow
Well I started the game all over again on a new shard,Achenar. Thank goodness that I know what I am looking for here to power the age up or I would have never got it powered take a look at this
Man that is horrible and the bucket. I think I must of went around 10x when it finally dropped me off but I was going up the other side roll.gif but I ended up where I need to be. But it was a good thing that I have played it with out all those bugs.

By the way I saw 2 shroomies, at the same time, with the age powered up. I also have finally read Sharpers notes, not just skim through. He has added more to it since the last time I looked through it, back in the middle of Dec. Now I see way so many said "Brian is real". Oh well, that is it. Just hope that they are working on that Teledahn bug.
DaDungeon
Back in the ummm . . .
October? . . .
beta testings . . .

there was a non-sync-ed problem/bug . . .
with the alignment of doorways . . .
and bridgetips in the Gahreesen Age . . .

made every attempt to jump to the main fortress extended pier . . .
a trip to the great white honeycomb in the dark.

Many many deletions of the Gahreesen linking book was necessary . . .
before the Tinkster finally obtained a working edition.

So, in light of that parallel experience . . .

Keep trying guys . . .
you will eventually get a Teledahn book that works properly . . .

even if you don't feel like it . . .

after forty-two . . .
and counting . . .
prior attempts.

Yep.
GothBoy
QUOTE (Corona @ Jan 24 2004, 12:37 AM)
(Obviously not a beta tester.) Do you know how many times I started from scratch in this game? I'm starting again 6 new times right now (let alone the other times I started up new.)

Actually, I have beta tested a bunch of programs. I'm used to odd quirks.

That said, this bug has effected my single user game. The one not in beta. The one I bought off the shelf in a box.

I suppose I can see the data that is stored in a single character file as being the same from both uru and urulive. Therefore the bug would show up in both places. (even though oddly enough I don't even have my KI in single user mode)

Still I didn't get adequate warning that my character would be infected with slow sun disease or that I could potentially render my single player game unplayable just for checking out a preview of urulive.

Anyways, don't mind me, I'm just venting. Too many times lately I've been disappointed by games I've bought off the shelf only to find they might as well still been in beta. headbang.gif
BlackMageJawa
OK, if this bug only appears on Katran (and now Achenar), if I connect to Atrus will it fix it offline too?

I can't believe I connected to Live ONCE and it screwed the whole game.
Corona
I have no idea why Live content would screw up Prime content. I know we can import our Prime content into Live, but I thought it would create a copy of the neccesary files from Prime to the servers, not interact directly with our Prime in our PCs. Hmmmm....
zepedro
I sympathize with GothBoy. Live content should be (almost) fully debugged (ie, exhaustively tested) before it is made live. I also got the power bug only after going live. I eventually fixed it by reinstalling the game (without using uninstall) over the previous install. My avatar progress was not lost.

But, in my opinion, this is not acceptable. Beta testing should be more thorough.
kurtg1265
Hmmmm......I completed my offline game before I started the Prologue . I really dont know if its bugged or not as I havent really tried playing offline since I was acceptd into the Prologue . It looks like I may have to try out my Prime game again and take a stroll through it .
JoSmiley
Well, I restarted my offline game today - had to reinstall the game due to another software I installed that messed it up...and discovered that the offline game is now wonderfully bugged...had to find the invisible sun in teledahn - took an endless bucket ride - and when I finally got tired of the ride I just jumped...and found myself floating in a slow circle all around teledahn in perfect time with the telescope & sun. Think I must've got caught. I couldn't get out, but I finally linked out with my book. When I linked back in, I was still circling.... blink.gif Kinda fun. Now I gotta see what else is messed up offline. roll.gif
Corona
Jo! Pics pics pics! shock.gif First concern with a wild out of control bug. You can get some crazy pics from stuff like that. biggrin.gif
ydontuknow
I just have a reply to this
Still I didn't get adequate warning that my character would be infected with slow sun disease or that I could potentially render my single player game unplayable just for checking out a preview of urulive.

I do not think the sun is slow or the timing is different between the two, scope and sun.

And if you do restart the age after you have finished it off line(before my invite) You get the BUG........aaaahhhhhhhh blink.gif
BlackMageJawa
QUOTE (BlackMageJawa @ Jan 25 2004, 02:02 PM)
OK, if this bug only appears on Katran (and now Achenar), if I connect to Atrus will it fix it offline too?

Nope. Apparently I picked up an even bigger bug and completely destroyed uru (all the books were empty, showing only a void, and when I quit and tried to start Prime it said some files were corrupted.)

Still, one complete uninstall and reinstall later, Teledahn is working fine. The sun is even where it thinks it is, right in the centre of the viewfinder. Now I just have to resist the temptation to go online again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.