Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: You Might Be A Texan If...
Guild of Greeters > General Off Topic & Community Discussion > The F'ni Farm
L'lee
Here is what Jeff Foxworthy has to say about folks from Texas... for my fellow Texans! lmao.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------

If someone in a Lowe's store offers you assistance and they don't work there, you may live in Texas;

If you've worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you may live in Texas;

If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you may live in Texas;

If 'Vacation' means going anywhere south of Dallas for the weekend, you may live in Texas;

If you measure distance in hours, you may live in Texas;

If you know several people who have hit a deer more than once, you may live in Texas;

If you install security lights on your house and garage, but leave both unlocked, you may live in Texas;

If you carry jumper cables in your car and your wife knows how to use them, you may live in Texas;

If the speed limit on the highway is 55 mph -- you're going 80 and everybody's passing you, you may live in Texas;

If you find 60 degrees 'a little chilly,' you may live in Texas;

If you actually understand these jokes, and share them with all your Texas friends, you definitely live in Texas.
Ri'ana
clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif Yee Haw!! roll.gif

If having a "lil ol' Bar-B-Q" involves inviting every cousin on both sides of the family and you need a whole cow and a Bar-B-Q pit made out of an oil Drum....You May Be from Texas! roll.gif roll.gif lmao.gif lmao.gif

Go Texas Y'all! /me cheers
CAGrayWolf
Don't live in Texas ... but a lot of my relatives are from the Fort Worth area. Funny thing about this though ... is it can easily apply the California to, except for the dear part ... but then again, I do know a few people here who have hit a dear.
gaiasmaiden
lived in texas.....
how true these are

but they also can be redneck jokes
Etheldred
What's the exact definition of a 'Redneck', please?
d'rbeh
depending on where you're from, the term redneck is either negatively or positively connotative.

it came originally from the back of the neck becoming sunburned, thus turning it red. most of the folks who had red necks were farmers or those who worked a lot outdoors. i think the term has adopted certain nuances over the years though. it's come to mean a more specific sampling of people, i think.
Deryn
I think Jeff Foxworthy could probably give you a great explanation of "Redneck" on his album..."You might be a redneck if..." roll.gif

This album has been played at the Comedy Bevin for sure!

alaina
oh so what texas is like i always wondered since i was born there. Although my worked at the Savanah River site for years and she knew lots of folks who had hit more then one deer lol. Thats a nuclear power plant here in SC. Theres a wildlife preserve around it and lots of deer apparently lol.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.