Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Prison
Guild of Greeters > Ages of Myst (including all Myst games and related media) > Puzzle/Gameplay Help > URU: Ages Beyond Myst > UrU: Ages Beyond Myst - Prime Ages > Teledahn
Casdegere
Ok, I did the pressure plates bit backward and forward and still no movement with the doors. No idea what else to try here.
J'iim
There was a glitch in the prison puzzle that happened around release 7,8, or 9 where the doors would not work. I believe the workaround is to set the flippers back the the default configuration of #'s 2, 4, 6, and 7 up (yellow showing). Remove all weights off of the pressure plates, leave the Age and come back and try again.
Casdegere
QUOTE (J'iim @ Mar 9 2008, 04:19 PM) *
There was a glitch in the prison puzzle that happened around release 7,8, or 9 where the doors would not work. I believe the workaround is to set the flippers back the the default configuration of #'s 2, 4, 6, and 7 up (yellow showing). Remove all weights off of the pressure plates, leave the Age and come back and try again.

I do not know of a way to manually set the flippers. They wer already set when I arrived. I will attempt the workaround you described.
J'iim
QUOTE (Casdegere @ Mar 10 2008, 07:11 AM) *
QUOTE (J'iim @ Mar 9 2008, 04:19 PM) *

I do not know of a way to manually set the flippers. They wer already set when I arrived. I will attempt the workaround you described.

Hmmm... If you are inside the prison and the doors are shut, then the outer door should be open. If you have not gotten through to knock down the bridge so you can access the area where the flippers are from the other direction (use the handles underneath to set them) then I suggest you delete the Age and start over. You can delete the orange Teledahn book by clicking on the dot in the box on the bottom metal tab at the bottom of the book. Then go out and click on the book in the pillar again to start over.

edit: Why not take someone with you to your Teledahn and let them check out the problem before you delete the book.
Ken Telinome
Are you sure you are using the pressure plates properly? There is a hint in an office that shows you what plates need to be depressed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.