Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Application Into Gog?
Guild of Greeters > GoG Help, Support & Feedback > GoG Feedback
TomVal
I'm relatively new to cavern, I'm there since February 18. I have already been everywhere and solved all the puzzles. I'm visually impaired - not completely blind, but very low vision. English is not my native language, I'm a Czech.

I'd like to become a greeter, but unfortunately it's not possible currently, although GoG Bevin becomes more and more deserted, while it was buzzing with life not too long ago. Greeters are not present often on current Guiolds and groups fair in Kirel.

Any hint when will GoG start to receive new members?
Ja'de
QUOTE (TomVal @ May 2 2010, 11:13 AM) *
I'm relatively new to cavern, I'm there since February 18. I have already been everywhere and solved all the puzzles. I'm visually impaired - not completely blind, but very low vision. English is not my native language, I'm a Czech.

I'd like to become a greeter, but unfortunately it's not possible currently, although GoG Bevin becomes more and more deserted, while it was buzzing with life not too long ago. Greeters are not present often on current Guiolds and groups fair in Kirel.

Any hint when will GoG start to receive new members?

Yes, Tom. When there is enough new explorers and content to warrant more Greeters.
TomVal
Who decides when it will be enough new explorers to hire new greeters? How are you going to support explorers who can't communicate in English at all or very little? I have met some already.
Ja'de
The active Greeters in cavern will let us know if we need new Greeters. Supporting those who are non-English speaking has always been a problem. We do have some Greeters who speak other languages and we now have Ohbot available for translation.

I'm sure we would welcome new Greeters, even now but part of the problem is that our forums have moved and our application system has not been restored.

We do the best we can with the resources we have but do not have an exclusive right to help others in the cavern. We always welcome others to assist new explorers where ever they are. It's one of the things that make this such a great community.
Myer
Ja'de brings up a good point in stating that the greeters do not hold the exclusive right to greeting and helping others. I, as a non-greeter spend a lot of time in the GoG bevin helping others when need be and just being a positive member of the community. Having that Greeter label does not exclude you from being a resourceful addition to the community as a whole.

In terms of helping other non-english speaking members of the community, that is where you can be just a general asset, which, when applications are being taken, can be a very positive attribute.

Like what was said earlier, nothing will keep you from still helping and being a great member of the community, guild of greeters or no.
Bubba Gump
Just a quick hope. I hope you kept all the old applications as I have been trying to be a greeter since before the last time we got booted out of the cavern. I must admit that such a long wait is a bit disappointing. Maybe it's just not in my future.
veralun
QUOTE (TomVal @ May 3 2010, 09:25 PM) *
How are you going to support explorers who can't communicate in English at all or very little?

Hi TomVal.
Good to see you here and in the game.
Your language might be very important for a lot of East European ppl. So please give them any help with that if they need.
As others already stated when there is a possibility to add new Greeters your help can become gladly seen.
Captain Adventure
Hello all:

First post here, though I have been around the various forums since Rivenguild and have been doing the MYST thing since 93. (Wow....I'm OLD smile.gif ). I see that this topic has been open for a while and I would like to know if there are any openings for Greeters at this point. I know the game well and have had occasion to help others in the past. I enjoy it and I thought perhaps I would apply if there were slots open.

Thanks smile.gif
Ja'de
Hi Captain Adventure and Welcome to our forums. We are currently working on opening things up a bit and have a single test case we are working on but its moving very slowly. I'll be able to give you a better answer once that is done. Please visit for a while so we can get to know you.
Captain Adventure
QUOTE (Ja'de @ Mar 19 2011, 05:16 PM) *
Hi Captain Adventure and Welcome to our forums. We are currently working on opening things up a bit and have a single test case we are working on but its moving very slowly. I'll be able to give you a better answer once that is done. Please visit for a while so we can get to know you.

Sure thing smile.gif
Angustaff
It's been seven months since the last post. Is there any news? smile.gif
William H. Maier
The only news Angustaff is that you finally came back after a 7 month layover to post roll.gif
Ken Telinome
As far as I have heard, there are still no plans to bring in any more Greeters (but if there is, yay!).
Kon'Dor
I concur with Ken. As far as I am aware, there are currently no plans for additional personnel. If there are changes in the Cavern, the staffing situation "may" change also.
Again, that is my understanding but I do not speak for those who must be obeyed... laugh.gif
Ken Telinome
That is a HUGE "if".
d'rbeh
i concur. i think that should there be something wonderful happen, then of course there would be an influx of new players needing guidance. we have a good list of greeters now that could be summoned to help out, and also, we have some new people who have shown interest. in that event, those who are interested could renew/refresh their applications and we could get on with accepting greeters.

in the world of 'should there be'
Grieyls
I would like recruiting to begin anew... Least I'd have someone to chat to when greeting.... Those long hours alone get's kind of dull after a while tongue.gif

Edit: typo's as ussual tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.