Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Has Anyone Heard Anything About This?
Guild of Greeters > Ages of Myst (including all Myst games and related media) > General Discussion - Not Puzzle Help > MYSTellaneous General Discussion
Allen42
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/myst/news_2859823.html
I was cruising around Gamespot today and found this while checking out a review for Myst. Did this miniseries ever come about? Can't see how I would miss such a thing...
CAGrayWolf
The idea for the mini-series ... which was to be produced by the Sci-fi Channel was shelved over a year ago ... the details are sketchy ... but are around if you search ... if I find the relevant links I will post them ... although I'm sure someone will beat me to it.

[EDIT] Did some searching ... found a few links:

Myst on Scifi, Wasn't there going to be a Myst mini

DRC Forums Out of Cavern Discussions Mini series

SCIFI.COM
Allen42
Great, thanks for the links.
Katena
I have heard absolitely nothing about this until today and I've looked pretty hard... hard enough to know this:

Spielburg and Cameron (That's James) have been recently arguing over the rights for making a movie. The Miller bros. aren't letting it go that easily, though... so far the two directors are arguing with prices in the tens of thousands.

That is what I know. innocent.gif
Katena
Oh, by the way (sorry about making you hear more from me) how old are those articles you found?
Corona
You're replying to January. Allen 42 hasn't been around for a looooong time. Wolfie's still here though. laugh.gif

I find it hard to believe Spielberg & Cameron are bickering over 10's of thousands of dollars. That's what they use to wipe themselves & light cigars.
Shadowcats
Sorry way out of date ?
This post was too old Katena.
Katena
Yeah... heh. I see. headbang.gif And I was off by a few zeros.... whoops. It was ten million. I apologize. Here's the article I found, it'a a couple years old, though... probably obsolete.

http://www.insidemacgames.com/news/story.php?ArticleID=6754

Sorry for posting old stuff. I try too hard. unsure.gif
trickster721
The "Spielburg and Cameron" thing is bogus. That story was from some trashy Italian tabloid.

As of now, SciFi is under new managment and no longer persuing the MYST miniseries. Sign the petition, and mabye we can convince them otherwise. Myst would certainly be a unique opportunity for them in terms of demographics and attracting a new audience.

SciFi MYST Miniseries Petition

Original Petition Topic
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.