Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gzm Locations
Guild of Greeters > Myst Online: Uru Live > Myst Online: URU Live Game Discussion > Ae'gura and Great Zero
Pages: 1, 2
coelho_buda
Wanted to post this so other Greeters can use it as a reference. Feel free to add new locations as they come up or to correct me if I am wrong. Please include any locations within spoiler tags. thumbsup.gif

Click here to view a spoiler.

Corona

Kaiser Sol
Darn fine list.

Thanks buda. smile.gif
coelho_buda
OK, a few more I discovered with the help of Gilga'mesh since yesterday.

Oh, and Corona, ha ha...

Shadowcats
Thanks worship.gif Rabbit worship.gif this realy helps and also your walkthrough is great.
Corona
It's strange to call it a Walkthrough though. It should be called a Crawl & Drag Kicking & Screamingthrough. It's like they replaced all the air in the Cavern with solid jello.
Erandel
QUOTE (coelho_buda @ Jan 25 2004, 01:24 PM)
[font=Courier]OK, a few more I discovered with the help of Gilga'mesh since yesterday.

Palace stairs....... (Ae'gura)
26 – Walkway after barricaded stairs leading out of Concert Hall. (Ae'gura)

* this one forces you to Relto out of the City after collecting it, so do it only when ready to leave the City. It is advised to do it walking, not running, so as to avoid falling and missing the marker.

Which of those buildings is the concert hall? confused1.gif the one near the barricade or the one as soon as you get into the shopping area? or is this hole the first one you come to in the shopping area?
coelho_buda
Yes Erandel, first hole to your left when you finish climbing down the stairs to this now opened area. Didn't now it was called the shopping area.
Erandel
Well, it may not be the right name for it, but its something that came into my head when wondering around the place.

Maybe its the concert hall area smile.gif

For those following, the Barricade jump is difficult - I reccommend you use the stairs as your takeoff point and you will clear the barrier eventually.
Corona
The Concert Hall (well, it's actually only the outer entrance to the real Concert Hall inside the mountain) is the curved hallway with steps on one side. In the center on top of the steps is a Concert Hall Nexus machine. The other side to this curved hallway is a view to the lake. That side has several rock columns that kind of evenly divide the overall vista of the lake.

I can't wait to see that Concert Hall. It must be huuuge. shock.gif
Erandel
Interesting info Corona - useful to know
DaDungeon
Somewhere DaDungeon got the Impression that the place is called "Palace Alley".

'Cause it runs (sorta) alongside the palace?

Like the walkway running alongside the Takotah is called Takotah Alley?

Thunderturtles . . .

(late nineteenth century "genteel" child's substitution for mild cussin' . . .
was it from Louisa May Alcott's Little Men?
Or Jo's Boys?
What a great-reading series of books for well-rounded "young" minds, Alcott's books were/ARE . . .)

where's that annotated "you are here" map when you need it? smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
CAGrayWolf
The common terms for this area is:

Canyon Alley ... which is also (as we suspect) the entrance to the D'ni Gallery (Kadish Gallery).

and as Corona said ... continue up the stairs from Canyon Alley ... you will arrive at the Concert Hall Foyer with another Nexus Terminal ...

then continue on your way up the stairs ... you will arrive at the damaged bridge ... which upon crossing ... will junction with the passage that comes from the Palace and Hall of Kings ...

that will eventually lead to the Library.
Shangra
QUOTE (Corona @ Jan 26 2004, 02:42 PM)
It's strange to call it a Walkthrough though. It should be called a Crawl & Drag Kicking & Screamingthrough. It's like they replaced all the air in the Cavern with solid jello.

roll.gif roll.gif roll.gif roll.gif roll.gif roll.gif roll.gif roll.gif roll.gif

I just loved that, Corona.
Corona
Thanks, Shanga. biggrin.gif
It's true. It's like slogging instead of walking. Going forward isn't so bad. It's turning that drives me nuts. You can hit the left key for half a second & nothing will happen. You can hit it again the same amount of time & turn 270 degrees. Not very helpful for aiming.
Barbarra
New marker
Corona
Wolfie already corrected this, but I might as well clear this up. This is a post I made over an hour ago & just found now. I never sent it! shock.gif roll.gif
Rabbit, when you said the 1st hole down by the Concert area, I think you meant to say the large round hole (Canyon drop) in front of the Kadish Gallery in the Canyon Alley (some call it Shopping Area because it looks like 5 store fronts...but the middle larger 'store' is actually the Kadish Gallery). There is one down there in that round broken gap in front of the Gallery. Yes, walk slowly, & yes, you have to Relto out of there. wink3.gif

Oh, they finally opened the new Dock area? About time! headbang.gif
coelho_buda
Yes Corona. That is the one I meant. Thanks for clarifying its location.

New area on the Dock? What new area on the Dock? You mean something opened in the Ferry Terminal?
CAGrayWolf
QUOTE (coelho_buda @ Jan 26 2004, 01:53 PM)
New area on the Dock? What new area on the Dock? You mean something opened in the Ferry Terminal?

Appearently ... the Ferry Terminal Building has been opened! thumbsup.gif
Shadowcats
Yes just found it and got it.
Confirmed Location.
Corona
The Ferry Building hasn't opened yet, just the Ferry Peek, the docks on the other side of the crumbled wall.
coelho_buda
OK the 27th and 28th markers are now available.

Party on Garth!
Party on Wayne!
Erandel
At which part do you have to dive (have operah house link) middle? left or right edge? and do you have to run / jump or just drop off? bleh.gif
Nalates
The best source I know of for area names is the map found in the City, occassionaly. A copy is here: City Maps

Additionally more maps can be found in the UO Library.
Erandel
Very useful Nalates, especially for the overhead perspective - it can feel very condensed when you are at ground level. But do you have to jump off the broken bridge to get the marker or can you get it by walking off?
Allen42
I got it by run/jumping off the bridge from the left side of the barrier. After I gain air, i click the KI marker button repeatedly. That's how I got marker 28
coelho_buda
QUOTE (Erandel @ Jan 28 2004, 05:46 PM)
At which part do you have to dive (have operah house link) middle? left or right edge? and do you have to run / jump or just drop off? bleh.gif

Erandel --- >
CAGrayWolf
Why are any of you even jumping ... dropping ... walking off ... just go to the edge and click your KI blink.gif
Allen42
Oh, really? LOL. blink.gif I guess I must have had lag and didn't hear the marker beep (in fact, I didn't hear it at all...). Sorry about that! shy.gif
knottyboy
QUOTE (CAGrayWolf @ Jan 28 2004, 12:59 PM)
Why are any of you even jumping ... dropping ... walking off ... just go to the edge and click your KI  blink.gif

shock.gif blink.gif roll.gif

Kamakazee marker hunting...

I claim this marker for Yeeeeeessssshhhaaa........
Erandel
Actually, you do have to Kamikazi... I tried nudging close to the platform but I could pick up the walker, yet when I ran straigh off the middle of the bridge I managed to pick up the marker biggrin.gif

Must have moved it to a more devious position shock.gif
CAGrayWolf
Ahhhhhhhhh ... OK ... now I think I know the problem ... and will see if I can get into Ae'gura to verify this ... if I am correct then the rope bridge has been removed ... causing you all to have to jump ... rather than walk halfway out onto and to the left side of the rope bridge ... coming from the Concert Hall side of the bridge.
Myridean
QUOTE (knottyboy @ Jan 28 2004, 08:04 PM)
QUOTE (CAGrayWolf @ Jan 28 2004, 12:59 PM)
Why are any of you even jumping ... dropping ... walking off ... just go to the edge and click your KI  blink.gif

shock.gif blink.gif roll.gif

Kamakazee marker hunting...

I claim this marker for Yeeeeeessssshhhaaa........

*ROTFL* roll.gif

I guess when you have a book stuck to your hip that will not even come off while you're changing clothes in the Relto closet nor when you go swimming in the falls of Eder Gira or jumping ledges & bridges in Gahreesen, you get this sense that you're invincible. Jumping off a bridge just seems natural if you have your Relto book with you and that it's like your skin, a natural extension of youself and you feel quite confident about that. biggrin.gif

Of course, you can hear your parents' voices in your head as well that are telling you: "If everyone jumped off a bridge, would you have to do it too?" wink3.gif
D'anak
This is all great stuff clapping.gif

Now that we're up to 28 ! ? !.... Could someone direct me to a comprehensive list (printable... so I can take it on my quest and check em off) blow.gif
CAGrayWolf
Check the 1st and 4th posts in the very thread. bleh.gif
trickster721
Only two left. In the words of the immortal Wonka (quoting Oscar Wilde), "The suspense is terrible! I hope it'll last."
Erandel
I wondered if the marker would be in the centre of something like a bridge, it is positioned more or less right in the middle of the canyon where a logical place for a bridge would be.

And I wear my kamikazi band with pride >:D
Daxian
All I know is that the 28th marker is very elusive! verymad.gif I have made it into the city many times, and have jumped off that bridge, only to have lag make me miss it! headbang.gif
Shangra
What happened to me today was that I clicked on my ki when I heard the PING sound but for some reason it did not register, and it didn't light up. Same happened to a friend.
I wonder if that means I have to repeat the jump.... ranting.gif headbang.gif
L'orr
Hello. I am finishing a document of all the marker locations. I will be posting it here as soon as I get the exact areas to find 29 and 30.
L'orr
Here it is...The List
Lie'Ra
Thanks for the cumlitive list L'orr, it is much appreciated by all. clapping.gif
CAGrayWolf
QUOTE (L'orr @ Jan 29 2004, 11:26 AM)
Here it is...The List

You're still missing two markers whistling.gif
coelho_buda
No he isn't Wolfie. He re ordered my last and added the two new markers as numbers 22 and 23. All markers are there.

For people that were following my list,
CAGrayWolf
QUOTE (coelho_buda @ Jan 29 2004, 01:44 PM)
No he isn't Wolfie. He re ordered my last and added the two new markers as numbers 22 and 23. All markers are there.

... and I say agehn ... you are still missing at least two markers ...
whistling.gif
Govindra
The List is wonderful, guys! It helped assuage the hideously large dose of exasperation I felt this morning. I spent an hour wandering in areas of the Achenar City, areas in which I'd never been, and picked up four markers, Nexused out and promptly CTD. Ok, sez oi, oi can deal with that. So, 5 3-strikes-you're-outs later, I'm back in again. Checks me trusty KI annnnnnd....the markers I'd just found are gone from my KI! It's as if I'd walked down a well lit City street, been koshed, and when I came to, found my purse much emptier. Arrrrggggghhhhhhh!

Tears napkin to shreds, joins Pyewacket in knocking ping-pong ball around, goes to scratching post and sharpens.

Hooo boy, deep breathing exercises... Get a grip, girl. Om mane padme hum, om mane padme hum, om mane padme hum, om mane padme hum, om...

The list really really really helps! Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! Hugs and kisses! worship.gif

This gzm nonsense is just that, nonsense. The list does away with a fateful repeat from memory. If I ever catch that master criminal, CTD, I'll give him what for. Hmf!
Corona
Well, one is anyway.
coelho_buda
Ah, Wolfie, but I can't see those now. Mind posting their location or PM them to me? That way I can add them to the walkthrough next time I do an update.

Thanks!
Erandel
They're fairily easy to find, just cross blank space and hang onto the right side of right railings if you know what I mean. whistling.gif
Corona
You mean, go up the down stairs, left on the right side, then go to the next traffic light and turn red?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.