Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Wall Manual Draft 1
Guild of Greeters > Myst Online: Uru Live > Myst Online: URU Live Game Discussion > Gahreesen
Dan'ni

This is The Panel! Purple panel sets up the maze for the yellow side of The Wall and yellow panel sets up the maze for purple side of The Wall.
To set up the maze do the following:
1) Click on the red button to initiate the procedure (you only need to click once the button to initiate the set-up procedure on both panels)
2) Now it's time to set up Blockers! First you have to decide how many blockers you want to put into the Wall (you also do it once - once you decide that the number of blockers will be set up to both panels). To do that you have to click on the purple buttons on the sides of the panel. Each button has a special purpose:
Left buttons:
*TOP - sets the number of blockers to 15
*MIDDLE - sets the number of blockers to 10
*BOTTOM - sets the number of blockers to 5
Right buttons:
*TOP - adds one blocker
*MIDDLE - sets the chosen number of blockers (once you push that you move to the next phase which is setting up blockers)
*BOTTOM - removes one blocker
3) After you decided how many blockers you want to set up you have to put the blockers on the maze (this you have to do on each panel). To do that just click on the wall board on the panel.
After you've put down all blockers push again the red button (this has to be done on each panel after on each panel you've set up all the blockers)

After you've done that the tubes in the rooms next to the Panel Rooms will open and you will be able to enter The Wall!

Pics and some other cool stuff can be seen here: clicky

Enjoy - have fun watch out for bugs and deadly cube-like avatar squashing (like the evil avatar-killing Nexus elevator) traps...

Dan.
Christoph
Thanks Dan, those instructions are a lot less cryptic! I think I actually understand how to set up a puzzle now... although I somehow managed to get it to work on my own last night.
When I finish my grand invention can I hire you to make the manual for it???
Dan'ni
QUOTE (Christoph05 @ Jan 24 2004, 10:28 PM)
When I finish my grand invention can I hire you to make the manual for it???

Sure lol

Glad you found this manual useful smile.gif

Dan.
Corona
Thanks Dan'ni! That's more like it. The instructions in the book are quite vague.

In the book it mentions that if you want, say, 17 blockers, you press the top left button once (for 15)...and then I guess...the top right button twice (the Add A Marker button) for 2 more. Is that right?

Let's see if I got this correct...

*Click on the red button to initiate the procedure.
----(let's say I want 21 blockers)----
*TOP LEFT - sets the number of blockers to 15
*BOTTOM LEFT- sets the number of blockers to 5 (will it add another 5?)
*TOP RIGHT - adds one blocker
I don't understand this one...
*MIDDLE RIGHT - sets the chosen number of blockers (once you push that you move to the next phase which is setting up blockers) Is this when I press this button, after I've chosen 21 blockers?
*Put the blockers on the maze (control panel). To do that just click on the wall board on the panel. (Do I click on the squares or the edges of the squares?)
*After you've put down all blockers push again the red button.
*Repeat for opposite panel in opposite control room (not exactly, of course).

I imagine before teams begin they should agree on a certain number of blockers they'll use.

Is this the correct procedure? If it is, I can do this. I couldn't do what it said in the book because it was poorly worded.
"Don't Do What 'Donny Don't' Does."
Dan'ni
QUOTE (Corona @ Jan 25 2004, 12:11 AM)
In the book it mentions that if you want, say, 17 blockers, you press the top left button once (for 15)...and then I guess...the top right button twice (the Add A Marker  button) for 2 more. Is that right?

If you want 17 blockers you click on preset 15 (Left Top) and then on right top twice. Yes.

*Click on the red button to initiate the procedure.
----(let's say I want 21 blockers)----
*TOP LEFT - sets the number of blockers to 15
*BOTTOM LEFT- sets the number of blockers to 5 (will it add another 5?)

It won't add another five. It'll change 15 to 5. The left buttons work like presets - they only will set the number of bockers that they have preset.
So if you wanted 21 blockers (but I think 20 is max) you would have to push top left once and top right 6 times and then middle right to confirm the number of blockers and move to the next phase.

*MIDDLE RIGHT - sets the chosen number of blockers (once you push that you move to the next phase which is setting up blockers) Is this when I press this button, after I've chosen 21 blockers?

Yep you push this button after you decided how many blockers you want.

*Put the blockers on the maze (control panel). To do that just click on the wall board on the panel. (Do I click on the squares or the edges of the squares?)

Edges - you can put vertical or horizontal blockers.

*After you've put down all blockers push again the red button.
*Repeat for opposite panel in opposite control room (not exactly, of course).

Repeat yes - but without first pushing the red button and setting the number of blockers. If you initiate the blocker procedure on pone panel by pushing the red button the other panel will start up too. Same's with setting the number of blockers. If oyu set up the number on one panel the other will have the same number. So ont the other panel you begin with setting the blockers up and when you've done you push th red button and you're done and ready to play.
Corona
Oh, so you don't have to neccessarily agree on the # of blockers. Once one amount is set in one control panel, the other control panel will be set up for that amount too.
And the other control panel will be automatically activated (initiated) as well, so no need to push the red button to start it up. Just place the markers, then I guess hit the red button to finish.

Well Dan'ni, you've been a big help to me (& others curious about all this). Climbing the wall is one thing, but initiation needs to be clarified in order for it all to make sense. And that's what you've done. innocent.gif I wish this thread could be 'stickied'. It's a well deserved eye-opener! thumbsup.gif
Dragonball161
and now we can finally spend more time climbing, then falling through the floor of the room to link out, than randomly pressing buttons. good.

I did like falling through the floor, though it was very odd.
CAGrayWolf
QUOTE (Corona @ Jan 24 2004, 07:28 PM)
innocent.gif  I wish this thread could be 'stickied'. It's a well deserved eye-opener!  thumbsup.gif

It has been since right after it was posted. whistling.gif
Corona
shock.gif D'oh!

Oh! Oh! I just gotta show you the most evil blocker map!....

Okay, just a sec......

pathway
D'anak
That is EVIL Corona!...
Will the game allow you to just draw a straight line across the whole wall,... making it impassable? or will there always be a way up?
Daxian
D'anak - Yes you can draw a straight line across. This should not be allowed, as what is the purpose then? bleh.gif
Someone set a map like that last night (markers atraight across the board so you couldnt move anywhere) while we were playing, and then they crawled up the other side of the board, ended up in their relto with the linking bug, and we could not reset the boards until he had rebooted and gotten rid of the suit. whip.gif rolleyes.gif
Dan'ni
QUOTE (Corona @ Jan 25 2004, 04:03 AM)
shock.gif D'oh!

Oh! Oh! I just gotta show you the most evil blocker map!....

Okay, just a sec......

pathway

That looks familiar... now where did I see that?? hmmm... I KNOW! The Beta! wink3.gif
Corona
Those screens in the conference rooms might be to see the progress of the climbers...vs. the actual correct path they should take. ? If so, then those hanging out in the Conference rooms can tell their mates which path to take. Not so easy though if you're trying to read your friends' posts while dealing with lightning & fire, etc.
I'd guess that there is an 'anticipation' sound or effect that would clue the climber to hit the correct button to take evasive action.

Now it's starting to sound fun. biggrin.gif
maztec
Hmmm, they need to add a waterfill map test. Wouldn't take much to do it and it's a top down puzzle with the same start and stop always -- it'd work fairly well.

"How does a waterfill map test work?" You start at the beginning or end -- in this case the end since it's the top, and you fill up all the scores with water, then they overflow into nearby squares/etc and get caught in basins and the outer wall, if water manages to run down to the bottom and touch the starter block, walla -- you have a map that is valid. If it reaches the point where it can't put more water in beccause it's full and there's nothing at the starter block yet -- time to force removal of a few pieces wink3.gif

Maz headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.