Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Capture A Shroomie?
Guild of Greeters > Ages of Myst (including all Myst games and related media) > General Discussion - Not Puzzle Help > URU: Ages Beyond Myst > UrU Prime Ages > Teledahn
Arowin
Going through the Uru sounds, I've noticed a few interesting ones for Teledahn. They are named:

tldnShooterTrap01.ogg
tldnShooterTraoLevel01.ogg

and what I think is the coolest:

TLDNShroomieLiftUp01.ogg

I think that huge weird structure thing by the shooter is in fact a shroomie capture device....
LauraMac
I think that huge weird structure thing by the shooter is in fact a shroomie capture device....

I think you are right. Sure is what it looks like it was used for.
Corona
Weird structure by the shooter? You mean the big black round metal thing?....I always thought it was what powered the gun.
If it had cables attatched to it, I could see it as some type of winch, but I don't see any cables.

I think the 'capture device' are the spore dispensers & the dam door. (Yes, that ###### door.) laugh.gif
Arowin
No, I don't think so, cos the filename is "LiftUp".... That dam door can't lift Jack (Or Shrommie)
Corona
I meant raising the dams' door once Shroomie was inside the main area, thus 'trapping' her.
The one 'lift' I can think of isn't working yet in Teledahn. That 3rd jammed lever near the sun scope powers the bucket lift to the left of the bucket ride. What that bucket lift would be used for, I have no idea. huh.gif
Arowin
I think that contraption is just a grinder that grinds the muchrooms away (The big circular thing) I'm guessing the bucket is to carry the mushroom bits away
LaReh
All interesting theories, Gentlemen. Hopefully a future Expansion Pack will give us an expanded Teledahn and the ability to play out the interactions with Shroomie in greater (and closer) detail! biggrin.gif
Thomaash
I hope Teledahn will expend. I read somewhere that we didn't see 30% of it in Prime! I'm almost sure that last 70% will come with some Xpacks!
Maybe the black thing at the gun is a water-scooter! so we can race with Shroomie smile.gif
LaReh
You're right Thomaash, I believe it was RAWA who told us that we had only seen about 25% of Teledahn so far. The map on Sharper's desk in the BCO confirms it as well. thumbsup.gif
Corona
I wanna see that giant octopus that's drawn on the map! ...............and I wanna pet it! biggrin.gif
coelho_buda
Now, why would you want to capture free animal used to swim through the open sea and enclose it in a space that is very small by comparison? I just hope you are not planning on hurting Shroomie... bash.gif
Corona
I just want to see Shroomie bust up a few shrooms & eat some flappers. I wouldn't hurt her. I'd let her back out again. & I'd ride on her back out into the ocean toward Teledahn 2. Or she could swallow me like Jonah & spit me out onto Teledahn 2. Either way, I'd be happy.
Arowin
Mmmm Shroomie Steak and mushrooms.

Myabe all that equipment is just used to grind up shrommies... That machine next to the shooter looks a bit like a meat grinder...
Dragonball161
QUOTE (Arowin @ Feb 13 2004, 01:14 PM)
Mmmm Shroomie Steak and mushrooms.

Myabe all that equipment is just used to grind up shrommies... That machine next to the shooter looks a bit like a meat grinder...

yucky.gif That brought back images from reading The Jungle by Upton Sinclair, really gros. yucky.gif
jesster777
I thought that black thingy was just a mosterously large hairdryer. It would make more sense if we could turn the shroomie feeders around, cause they sorta loook like shower heads when they spew the water out.

It should have had a sticker on the side that said, do not blow dry hair while taking shower. huh.gif whistling.gif
Corona
Jesster, what killer bug did you fall into to get that fantastic sig? shock.gif
Pepsi
I like the speculation that we can somehow "catch" Shroomie although all I want to do is pet her. But I think the lift up thing means the sound she makes when she starts to come up out of the water. unsure.gif
Matanawaiian
I think that the big black thing is some sort of pump. The pipe that you are able to walk through to get to the prison thing gets smaller and smaller and goes in that direction. And, if you look, a pipe of about 30 centimeters in diameter comes out of the rock and into the BBT (Big Black Thing). wink3.gif
knitcucumber
I second Corona's question... Jesster, where did you get your avatar/sig picture? It's awesome!
Corona
Jesster answered it in another thread...who knows where. He said he was kinda jumping over a cone near the far end of the Chasm walkway (the Market area) in order to get over the barriers so he could continue up the stairs & go towards the Library. He slipped through a hole there & fell down to the lake below the City & the camera zoomed back toward the Cavern wall so he could see the whole City like that. Not sure if he could move around or not.
jesster777
QUOTE (knitcucumber @ Mar 1 2004, 01:24 PM)
I second Corona's question... Jesster, where did you get your avatar/sig picture?  It's awesome!

Here is the thread, it also has the full screen capture.

http://forums.guildofgreeters.com/index.ph...indpost&p=24424
Arowin
Sorry, link didna work smile.gif
MrM3FaN
This should work Arowin

I think that is the post jesster was trying to link to!
jesster777
QUOTE (MrM3FaN @ Mar 25 2004, 06:53 AM)
This should work Arowin

I think that is the post jesster was trying to link to!

Now thats just odd, I must have pasted a space in some where, I cant understand why it didnt work :/
oh well at least someone figured it out smile.gif

thanks
Arowin
I bet you copied the text and not the link huh? smile.gif
jordarkelf
Shroomie is fast. Was it possible to… ahem… "catch" her during Live? One operating the feeder (which, by the way, has a static reflection in the water even if you operate the blades unsure.gif), the other at the harpoon gun?
Shadowcats
Nope no one caught Shroomie in or out of live just pics. down.gif
Arowin
I've noticed that the reflections are in no way a reflection of what the object actaully is... In fact it sometimes doesn't even look like the reflection. I think they cheated...
nick
hmmm if it turns out we can capture shroomie what about the other shroomie ive seen 2 of them i think blink.gif but anyways if we can capture it what will happen too the other shroomie would it wander out side that dam or wail trying to call its friend back ??? i want to know bounce.gif i wanna know !!!! bounce.gif bounce.gif bounce.gif so exicated can sit still must find out laugh.gif
when u guys talk about a refelaction do u mean the spore feeder ? after u use it ??
Moderator Note

Combined two consecutive posts that were created 2 minutes apart. Moving the second one. Please use the edit function when you wish to add something else within a short period of time.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.