Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A New Type Of Fun
Guild of Greeters > Guild of Gamers (General Game Discussion for other games) > Forum Based Games
Pages: 1, 2
JoSmiley
Click smile.gif ...and turn your speakers up.
Estrelle
Great idea Jo, I couldn't resist roll.gif

Clicky
JoSmiley
Hmmm....so is there only two of us that are brave enough for this game? roll.gif
devon
No, you aren't the only ones brave enough, we just can't find where the microphone is buried! blush.gif

- devon
JoSmiley
roll.gif @ Devon
Where are you from Estrelle? I like your accent! laugh.gif
Estrelle
I am in Sydney Australia and no I don't sound like the Crocodile Hunter or Crocodile Dundee roll.gif
coelho_buda
Would love to sing to you, but don't now how to record it and wouldn't have anywhere to host it... also would have to invest on a mic.
memiki
That is great Jo and Estrelle I would love to do it but don't know how. I can record in email but not on here. Great idea. maybe more will do it.

You both sound great. Love your accent Estrelle. Have friends in Tasmania and New Zealand we send each other recordings from time to time just to hear each other.
clapping.gif clapping.gif
LaReh
Well done ladies! clapping.gif What's really wild to me is that you both sound exactly like I thought you would! shock.gif
Estrelle
QUOTE (memiki @ Feb 12 2004, 03:18 AM)
That is great Jo and Estrelle  I would love to do it but don't know how.  I can record in email but not on here.  Great idea.  maybe more will do it. 

You both sound great.  Love your accent Estrelle.  Have friends in Tasmania and New Zealand we send each other recordings from time to time just to hear each other.
clapping.gif  clapping.gif

Granny, if you are using Windows XP go to your start menu and click on All Programs then Accessories then Entertainment. You should have a Recorder there.
If not do a search on your C: drive for Recorder.
oldbushie
Here's a sound clip I did recently, don't mind the odd humor.

The Voice of Oldbushie (Dun dun dun)
JoSmiley
roll.gif okay - my cat went for the speaker on that one and tried to kill it! lmao.gif I'm thinking he doesn't like monkeys...
Estrelle
QUOTE (oldbushie @ Feb 12 2004, 09:44 PM)
Here's a sound clip I did recently, don't mind the odd humor.

roll.gif clapping.gif roll.gif lmao.gif
Myro
I recorded that small sample (still big, 1mo. I don't know how the compress file)

Hello!

wink3.gif
coelho_buda
Hum, I know I am going to regret this, but here it goes: I recorded me singing Angel by Sarah McLachlan. The file is a mp3 with 3.96 MB; unfortunately I have nowhere to host it so unless a kind soul offers the space you won't hear Rabbit singing (which might be a good sing...) bleh.gif
memiki
Ok, Estrelle That is great found the recorder and did a recording and now what. I have it but how do i get it to here.???duh. Of course you all knew I was going to ask that didn't you.
biggrin.gif
Corona
My host doesn't host sound files.
Memiki, you should email your file to someone who can host it for you.
Estrelle?? whistling.gif

Myro! Your voice is beautiful!! innocent.gif
Why do some people label MB (megabytes) as Mo.?
JoSmiley
Send the files to me, guys - I can upload them for you.
Estrelle
QUOTE (Corona @ Feb 16 2004, 03:26 AM)
Memiki, you should email your file to someone who can host it for you.
Estrelle??  whistling.gif

Done biggrin.gif
Norfren
Oh guys, think of those too who are living at those parts of the Earth where not English is the 1st language. For example I would like hear how to pronounce Teledahn, Gahreesen, Kadish Tolesa, Eder Gira, Kemo, Ae'gura etc etc. Or do for example aussies pronounce those names the same way as in Texas or Oxford?
Corona
Ay mate! We Ozzies play Roo, too. We got names for places, like Telly, Gary, Bring The Dish To Lisa, Gyro, Keno, & ol' Aggie.
Ayli
QUOTE (Corona @ Feb 15 2004, 05:08 PM)
Bring The Dish To Lisa

Man, did I laugh at this one!!! lmao.gif roll.gif roll.gif roll.gif

Thanks Corona!! clapping.gif clapping.gif
Myro
Thanks for the compliment Corona smile.gif

QUOTE (Corona @ Feb 15 2004, 04:26 PM)
Why do some people label MB (megabytes) as Mo.?

...because I always forget the abréviations huh.gif wink3.gif

If you have a broadband connection there is some samples (800 KB each) I made last year pronouncing the alias name of some MC members.
My plan was to put the sound sample under their photo from the MC photo album 2002 but for some reasons I didn't finish the work.

Enjoy, if you have patience wink3.gif
Alias
Corona
Some of those names I haven't seen in a while. shock.gif

Now comon', we all know Lonely was playing Uru Live, but what name did he use? It wasn't Lonely. And what names did Danny & Arianna & Fahrmboy use? Are they that shy?!
JoSmiley
QUOTE (Corona @ Feb 15 2004, 07:48 PM)
Are they that shy?!

Look who's talkin'! I haven't heard your voice file yet, Mr. Corona. roll.gif tongue.gif
Dragonball161
QUOTE (JoSmiley @ Feb 16 2004, 02:06 AM)
QUOTE (Corona @ Feb 15 2004, 07:48 PM)
Are they that shy?!

Look who's talkin'! I haven't heard your voice file yet, Mr. Corona. roll.gif tongue.gif

Yeah, I wanna hear Corona!! He blabs enough, he should be able to talk!! biggrin.gif
Corona
I didn't mean "shy to talk", I meant "shy to say who they were while running around Uru Live". tongue.gif

It's been a loooong time since I did a voice file or even hooked up my mic. Even if I did, I'd have to bug Estrelle to host it, which I know she would. Last time I did a voice thingy I did a killer Mr. Burns. It was exact. It took 15 takes, but I did it. biggrin.gif

If I get antsy enough, I may just make a voice thingy in the future. wink3.gif
coelho_buda
Ladies and gentlemen (and Wolfie, circular Sun emission, all Cats and Ravens): for the pleasure of some and displeasure of others, here's Rabbit's voice singing Angel by Sarah McLachlan.
Now, it was recorded while in my burrow within the Cavern so there's an echo. I would like to thank Jo Smiley for hosting this. So, without further ado... click here.
Shadowcats
YAY Rabbit thats wonderfull thank you.
You have an angelic voice.

worship.gif worship.gif worship.gif worship.gif
Erumelime
Thanks Rabbit, that was really beatiful and one of my favourite songs as well worship.gif flowers.gif worship.gif

Miss your cavern singing down.gif
coelho_buda
Eru and Cats: miss singing to you too... oh, there I go for the box of tissues again cry.gif hug2.gif
Majandi
GREAT SONG !!! blink.gif
Thank you Rabbit!

Here is something from me. Some of you said they were missing new toons.
Have fun with that one.

CAUTION: big (191cm), fat (100 kg) spoiler ahead!!!

Majandi having fun with cartoons.

I wanted to mix it like a news show but after editing it on Microsoft MovieMaker2 the sound was scrambled and I don't have any idea why? huh.gif So what?
JoSmiley
Shoot - it sounds really fun, Majandi, but I don't see a picture... confused1.gif
Majandi
Oh, well purhaps you need the codec as well:

XviD for Windows

But I'm not sure. unsure.gif
Corona
I allready have Xvid installed. I don't see anything. I can hear you, though.
YORAM
Everything worked fine with me Majandi. Nice to know how you look like.

So perhaps the others will have to update some codecs or players.
Moranda
Very Nice Mijandi thumbsup.gif
I did have to go to the windows update site and update the video codecs. But, after that everything worked fine. Again, nice work and the HAND! was especially good. clapping.gif
memiki
Thanks to Estrelle here is mine. I have a cold mind you so if I sound stuffy that is why.

but hubby said it pretty much sounds like me.

My Webpage

sure hope this works. biggrin.gif
YORAM
Yes please. Thanks for the cookies. Sounded just fine to me.
Dragonball161
Rabit, You sound great.

Granny, You don't sond like I would have imagined, But I was thinking of my granny. You sounded great.

All of you sound so good!
Malika
You are all so talented and have such interesting voices!

Rabbit - what a beautiful version of that song.
And Memiki - fresh baked cookies? OH YUM!

I can't even figure out how to get my picture in here - how am I going to manage my voice?! I am SO computer challenged.

~M
memiki
Malika, you can't be any worse than me on these computers. I would try and help you but it will take one of the others to do that. You do have to have some one host for you. I always have to have someone do it for me. Then it is just getting your picture on your computer and your recording on. This was my first recording.

So don't feel bad you are not alone being a computer illerate.
biggrin.gif
coelho_buda
Granny, you sound like thirty something... are you sure you are a Granny? smile.gif flowers.gif
Corona
Cookies!!! shock.gif roll.gif

Majandi, I installed your XviD & even downloaded your vid file & every time I try to play it, it keeps saying (relly quick along the bottom) "error downloading codec".
Majandi
Ok. I have no idea why there are so many problems.
Here is the same video as WMV file.

Hope that works now for everyone. unsure.gif
Corona
Yay! biggrin.gif That worked! Cool! Hand!

Is that a happy pack of Lucky Strike cigarettes? laugh.gif
Majandi
QUOTE (Corona @ Feb 16 2004, 10:15 PM)
Is that a happy pack of Lucky Strike cigarettes?  laugh.gif

You might find out soon ... wink3.gif
kurtg1265
The first video worked fine for me . It looked great .

And Rabbit , you sing very good . Maybe you should make a CD full of songs . biggrin.gif

But of course , always glad to have some of Grannys cookies . clapping.gif

You all sounded great .
memiki
Rabbit I can't hear you it doesn't down load for me.

Majandi, oh yeah wonderful hand I saw it. Great.
biggrin.gif
Shadowcats
Rabbit I can't hear you it doesn't down load for me.

Majandi, oh yeah wonderful hand I saw it. Great.

Granny Right click and save.
Also Turn your speakers up as its a bit soft.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.