Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fortune Cookie
Guild of Greeters > Guild of Gamers (General Game Discussion for other games) > Forum Based Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3
kelm
Friend's,Roman's, Countrymen lend me your ear's (Julious Ceaser)

What did he say (a voice from the crowd)

speak up we cannot hear you (another voice from the crowd)

roll.gif
kelm
FUNNY QUOTES FROM GEORGE W BUSH

"A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls."
"I was raised in the West. The west of Texas. It's pretty close to California. In more ways than Washington, D.C., is close to California."

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"

"What I am against is quotas. I am against hard quotas, quotas they basically delineate based upon whatever. However they delineate, quotas, I think, vulcanize society. So I don't know how that fits into what everybody else is saying, their relative positions, but that's my position."

"It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it."

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any Governor, and that one word is 'to be prepared'."

"If you're sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and principles, come and join this campaign."

"We must all hear the universal call to like your neighbor like you like to be liked yourself."

"The most important job is not to be Governor, or First Lady in my case."

"If people can judge me on the company I keep, they would judge me with keeping really good company with Laura."
William H. Maier
"To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well- mannered" Voltaire
William H. Maier
A talebearer revealeth secrets, but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter. Proverbs 11:13 King Solomon
ghaelen
When you feel the need to judge....look in the mirror.

~my grandmother
Dragonkin
"An old man dies,
A young girl lives,
A Fair trade." -Hardigen [Ret.]
Darian
The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

Ecclesiastes, 1:9
William H. Maier
[10] Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.
[11] There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after.

Ecclesiastes, 1:10-11
Dragonkin
"With the dawn of a new day comes the dawn of new wonders." - Can't remember.
Dragonkin
"Love is the key you mold into a gilded chance." -Lunar II
Etheldred
....Hey Jude.... Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah....Nah Nah Nah Nah, Hey Jude....

clapping.gif

The Beatles

worship.gif

"Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life"

Monty Python
Dragonkin
My new siggy. It is a piece of wisdom that hit me while I was at work.
Painful back plus idiot manager equals thought of the day.

"Wisdom doesn't come with age.
Age comes with wisdom." -Dragonkin

It is something that I have noticed and experience.
It is a misnomer that people believe that as you grow older you gain wisdom. I must admit that this is essentially true, but not necessarily accurate. Though one may gain wisdom through their years of life, they can still remain unwise, no matter how old they are.
Thus, "With age comes wisdom" isn't actually true, no matter how much people say it and no matter how many people believe it.
Yet, I have noticed, wisdom does age you. And, as you you gain in years and wisdom you feel older. Wisdom ages you, and the truth of the world, and all the horrors that this truth holds, can make you wary of the world.
"With wisdom comes age."
One doesn't have to be old to be wise,
But one must age as they gain wisdom.

...Okay, break is over. Back to the more serious things in life, comedy. bleh.gif
DaDungeon
early bird gets worm . . .
second mouse gets cheese."
Windy RedOak
If you try to make a perfect Human and
take away all the Human flaws,
you wont have Human any more.
Dragonkin
"...you will have pure, bless'd Dalek."

(I just couldn't resist)
master neo
"I piddy the foo!"
(Mr.T)
Dragonkin
"It is better to hold ones tongue and be thought a fool,
That to speak and have them know it." -Some gent who's name escapes me.
Dan-iel
May all you babies be born naked.
Etheldred
Wise & Witty Quotes By Oscar Wilde

Click here to view/hide a spoiler.
"There is only one thing in the world that is worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."

"Other people are quite dreadful. The only possible society is oneself."

"I have nothing to declare except my genius."

"I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read on the train."

"I can resist everything except temptation."

"The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it."

"It is always a silly thing to give advice, but to give good advice is absolutely fatal."

"Give me the luxuries and I can dispense with the necessities."

"Death is the only thing that ever terrifies me. I hate it. One can survive everything nowadays except that."

"One must have a heart of stone to read the death of little Nell without laughing."

"No woman should ever be quite accurate about her age. It looks so calculating."

"Work is the curse of the drinking classes."

"He was always late on principle, his principle being that punctuality is the thief of time."

"I hope you have not been leading a double life, pretending to be wicked, and being really good all the time. That would be hypocrisy."

"If this is the way Queen Victoria treats her convicts she doesn't deserve to have any."

"I know not whether Laws be right,
Or whether Laws be wrong;
All that we know who be in jail
Is that the wall is strong;
And that each day is like a year,
A year whose days are long."

William H. Maier
I communed with mine own heart, saying, Lo, I am come to great estate, and have gotten more wisdom than all they that have been before me in Jerusalem: yea, my heart had great experience of wisdom and knowledge. And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit.For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

Ecclesiastes 1:16-18 King Solomon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.