Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yahvo
Guild of Greeters > Ages of Myst (including all Myst games and related media) > General Discussion - Not Puzzle Help > The Books - D'ni History & Lore
Matanawaiian
I was wondering a few days ago about the D'ni "god" Yahvo. They say he made all the ages and gave the D'ni their book and ink making and, most importantly, the Art. It got me thinking, could Yahvo just be a member of another civilization that had the art? Could he have written the Book of Garternay, linked there, and told the Ronay people that he created them? If someone poped into existance wearing flowing robes and started speaking in a foreing tounge, wouldn't you think of them as a powerful figure? Especially the Ronay, who before this were probably very primitive. Any comments?
Ymur
perhaps the 'god' was someone with a similar problem to atrus's sons, sirus and aginar (cant remember the spelling!!) 'his' people could have discovred the linking ability and he tried to rule over the people we know know as the d'ni. only a thought, and more anyone?
Tweek
Thats an interesting concept actually...never thought about that...<ponders>

Tweek
samsbase
sounds likely theres been a few stargate:SG1 episodes wokring on a similar theory
Ayli
QUOTE (samsbase @ Apr 1 2004, 06:16 PM)
sounds likely theres been a few stargate:SG1 episodes wokring on a similar theory

Sam, you are right, you also can add StarTrek to that list, same consept.
samsbase
but we have to remember the very existence of the art would mean something supernatural if not magical so then we would also have to assume that there very well may be gods
Matanawaiian
Not necissarily. The art could be an advanced technology that we can't yet understand, so most people simply lable it "magic". I mean, if you were from the middle ages, you'd think modern technology was magic, wouldn't you? wink3.gif
samsbase
true (my RE [religious education] teacher says i need to start thinking about the more astrological side of religion)
trahald
Okay. I know this argument is overused on the surface, but where would this Gehnlike Yahvo have gotten the Art from?
Matanawaiian
perhaps one of the late Ronay was Yahvo. Maybe they knew their world was dying and linked into the past. Yeesha said no one had been able to do it for 10,000 years. He could have been the last one to do it before Yeesha. oh, I don't know. roll.gif
inuchan
Since the D'ni know that writing an age is not creating it, wouldn't a nondivine Yahvo be easily debunked?

They'd realize that the guy wasn't telling the truth about making the ages, get what I'm saying?
Matanawaiian
Since the D'ni know that writing an age is not creating it, wouldn't a nondivine Yahvo be easily debunked?

They'd realize that the guy wasn't telling the truth about making the ages, get what I'm saying?

I don't quite understand what you're saying. There is no evidence (other than his supposed word) to support that Yahvo created the ages.
ydontuknow
It was "Q" who gave it to them blink.gif
roll.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.