Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why The 0000.000.000?
Guild of Greeters > Ages of Myst (including all Myst games and related media) > General Discussion - Not Puzzle Help > URU: Ages Beyond Myst > To D'ni Ages > Ae'gura - Great Zero - The Nexus
UruBoo
Why, after you finished the XP1 and calibrated your KI and activeted the GZ, Nexus continues to show zeros? Or didn't we finish with GZ? Do we need another upgrade to our KIs? Just asking.... innocent.gif

... and finally a post in this Nexus!
Corona
Certain areas are unaffected by the GZ calibration & blue laser. The Spy room, the Nexus, the Great Shaft areas.
UruBoo
Corona, what I meant was the zeros on the right side of the places, on the board. If I'm not mistaked, those numbers are for showing the location of each place that appears in Nexus. Or those 0000.000.000 are useless? If so, why they just don't get rid of them? Or they forgot about it?

...or am I completly crazy and don't know nothing after 8 months of beta-prologue-xp1 tester confused1.gif
CAGrayWolf
I'm assuming that has not been activated yet ... since our KI's don't seem to show coordinates in the other Ages either.
UruBoo
Thanks Wolfie, then I am not completly crazy after all. Those zeros are the KI calibration numbers, right? As I asked before, will we need to upgrade our KIs? Or does Cyan maybe forgot about it? (sometimes that happens whistling.gif )
CAGrayWolf
From what I remember ... during beta we had discussed these numbers and it was determined ... though I don't remember by whom ... that these were or would be coordinates. We also know that there are 5 levels to the KI and we are only on version 2.0 for the KI ... so I think it is safe to assume that we will be upgrading our KI's in the future. We also know that there are now two KI machines that do not work ... perhaps one of these is where we will get our upgrades before continuing down.
UruBoo
Nothing better than a Wolfie to explain things. Great Wolfie, you reached my point. We will need one or 2 upgrades to our KI's to get those coordinate numbers activeted. I hope it will be in XP2 (or maybe 3?)...
samsbase
well there is the machines in the shaft and in the top level of gareeshan still to be used btw has anyone used the top one in gareeshan since they calibrated the great zero

PS. i always thought that the nexus wasnt in the cavern anyway o as with the other ages the co-ords wouldnt work because they wouldnt be scanned by the blue line
CAGrayWolf
QUOTE (samsbase @ Apr 2 2004, 04:42 PM)
well there is the machines in the shaft and in the top level of gareeshan still to be used btw has anyone used the top one in gareeshan since they calibrated the great zero

These are what I already referred to in my post ... bleh.gif

PS. i always thought that the nexus wasnt in the cavern anyway o as with the other ages the co-ords wouldnt work because they wouldnt be scanned by the blue line

The scanner is only intermittent to Ae'gura with the KI coordinates only working in the cavern itself ... not outside of the cavern.

The KI coordinates in the Ages work from the Maintainer Marks in each of the Ages and are said to be driven in with spikes ... in the geographical center of each Age ... and until these are activated the KI's will not work.
samsbase
wow so we will have co-ordinates in all the ages in the end do you think the 0's are for the co-ordinate of the KI pedestal ?
Kehra
It would make sense that the coordinates would indicate where in that particular section the Nexus/KI link is.
samsbase
i cant think of another co-ordinate that it could be unless there is going to be even if they put pedestals in the ages then marking the maintainers mark would be pointless because it would always come up as 00000 00 00
trickster721
Yeah, I recall that one of the broken Maintainer Spikes on Gahreesen was glowey. And the installed ones we've seen aren't.

Mabye they need fresh batteries?
Kanradtan
I think I remember seeing a picture somewhere that showed ki markers in Teledahn, so maybe we will have to activate the Teledahn Great Zero too
jesster777
QUOTE (Kanradtan @ May 13 2004, 05:15 PM)
I think I remember seeing a picture somewhere that showed ki markers in Teledahn, so maybe we will have to activate the Teledahn Great Zero too

hmm third gear? hmmm blink.gif

who knows what was rattling around in the miller bros minds when they scoped the story line out.
DaDungeon
hmm third gear? hmmm

<Beach Boys engage>
"Third gear . . .
hang on tight . . .
Faster . . .
it's alright

It's not a big . . .
motorcycle
Just a groovy little . . .
motorbike
It's more fun than . . .
a barrel of monkeys
That two wheel bike
We'll ride . . .
on out of town
To any place . . .
I know you like"
<The Beach Boys disengage>
jesster777
u coulda gona the route of sammy hagar too smile.gif

-and i cant get my car outa second gear!!!

actualy i was refering to the broken gear that we never could turn on in the teledhan age.

some people think it ran that mushroom crushing machine, i think it was meant for other stuff that they hinted and clued too on the outskirts and the back of the island.

dunno smile.gif
Kanradtan
well, Teledahn is a really big place, but i think the map of it shows the Great Zero as being nowhere near the lagoon that we can see in the game (so far). Maybe there will be another linking stone to the GReat Zero area of Teledahn
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.