Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New area found in Ae'gura
Guild of Greeters > Ages of Myst (including all Myst games and related media) > General Discussion - Not Puzzle Help > URU: Ages Beyond Myst > To D'ni Ages > Ae'gura - Great Zero - The Nexus
Pages: 1, 2
Blueice2
I found an area which I had never seen pics of, before. I have posted a few screenshots here

Of course the blue scanner beam gives it away, it IS in the city... but where exactly?

Go find out tongue.gif

Ah! This new version of the fly mode is absolutely amazing laugh.gif
RR_Caz
OK, a hint please... Can you drop out of Fly-mode here, or do you relto out? blink.gif
Tijara
When you are at the top of the courtyard, after the stalagmite arch, there is a tunnel that is bloxked by a barrier and an invisible wall. Is that area, the other side of the tunnel?
Blueice2
Sorry Caz, it's not a solid area so you will panic to Relto if you hit escape down.gif

And Tijara, no it is not on the other side of that tunnel, still on 'this side' (the stalagmite arch side)... but you are close laugh.gif

The mentioned tunnel is a dead end, btw... sigh!
Click here to view a spoiler.
Corona
The Guild Hall is just a big clipped void of D'ni orange. Also, the upper outside doors of the Library must be for decorative purposes only. Beyond them is that big yellow ball of light. Another void. No Palace interiors. Tokotah 2 has some exterior areas, but no interiors to speak of. Tokotah is empty too. I'm sure the Strip Mall is void too. I'll check on that later. Concert Hall is a void too.
Gotta check the pub & rise through the broken ceiling to see where it is.
RR_Caz
Now we've got some solid area there wink3.gif , Corona; see this.
Blueice2
QUOTE (Corona @ Apr 10 2004, 07:12 PM)
I'm sure the Strip Mall is void too. I'll check on that later.

You were right Corona! Except for the upper floor of the Kadish Gallery which is solid and you can walk around there safely, the houses at the Strip Mall are all fakes down.gif

And Caz, I couldn't find a solid place to stand on, on whatever is considered the Kahlo Pub roof... actually, I wasn't even able to spot the exact location of that hole that lets light in. From the top, this area is totally confusing and instable, for my taste.
Corona
The Pub ceiling hole is a fake set-up. As you rise though it, you eventually black out, & then you appear inside part of the Tokotah 2 building.
Dragonball161
My favorite rise-up is the one from the main link-in of Garriseen (sp?). You just fly up and up and up, I thought I'd come out the top of the rotating building onto the platfor that the elevator takes you up to, but no, it's all just a big, black void. After you get pretty high, you can turn around and see a grate looking thing in the distance. If you get closer to it, you'll see what it really is and a recognizable table with chairs around it near by. wink3.gif

frumpy.gif Corona, you changed your sig again!
Corona
I change my sig every now & then. hug.gif I love that smilie. I still have my seagull avy though. Look for that.

Yes, I noticed that if you tried to rise above the Garrison Well (1st link in point), you'd black out. Are you saying I should keep rising? I tried for a while, but got too claustrophobic.
MrM3FaN
QUOTE (Blueice2 @ Apr 11 2004, 01:20 AM)
You were right Corona! Except for the upper floor of the Kadish Gallery which is solid and you can walk around there safely, the houses at the Strip Mall are all fakes  down.gif

Also once you leave (using fly mode to get back out) you will continue to have the Kadish Gallery music playing until you leave Ae'gura biggrin.gif!
RR_Caz
rolleyes.gif Actually, I found the roof over the Kalho pub another way: I used flymode briefly just to get to the other side of the barrier on the ledge above the Takotah alley Nexus book, and then exited it to see how far I could walk the passage behind... and suddenly I fell a few feet (or metres, I don't know), and ended up standing on the pub roof, with that shaft of light (see my pic) in plain view! Really was kind of a fun discovery!

RR
Dragonball161
QUOTE (Corona @ Apr 12 2004, 03:01 AM)
Yes, I noticed that if you tried to rise above the Garrison Well (1st link in point), you'd black out. Are you saying I should keep rising? I tried for a while, but got too claustrophobic.

Yeah. I think I held the speedy button and up for 30 sec or so (I wasn't timing myself wink3.gif ) and then I got anxious and started to twist as I rose and saw the grate-looking thing. I flew over to it, took about as long and immediatly recognized it. I'll post it sometime soon. wink3.gif
Corona
The speedy button? Oh, you mean the Caps Lock button to 'run'? wink3.gif

I always leave that on in Fly mode.
Blueice2
You can do better than that, Sherlocks!

Since Kurt was the only one to find my first new place (and even more there), here I have another one for you. It's only 4 pictures but it's another unusual view...

I'm in the city again, now where exactly is THIS?

lmao.gif roll.gif lmao.gif
Ayli
Wow, that is neat, Blueice. Could it be behind the bar? I have not been there yet, I forgot to look into that area. rolleyes.gif
Blueice2
QUOTE (Ayli @ Apr 12 2004, 10:35 PM)
Could it be behind the bar?

Bingo! Congrats Ayli won the 'Sherlock' badge, and she was quick... I hope that was not too easy? Just wait! I'll find more for you laugh.gif
CAGrayWolf
Yes ... I had ventured into the areas of the pub that we could not access before ... as well as to see where certain doors led to ... I can see why some are sealed shut ... but others are still a mystery ... lots of unfinished areas ... with the question remaining ... will they ever be finished?
Ayli
QUOTE (Blueice2 @ Apr 12 2004, 04:43 PM)

Bingo! Congrats Ayli won the 'Sherlock' badge, and she was quick... I hope that was not too easy? Just wait! I'll find more for you laugh.gif

Yay, I have a Sherlock Homes batdge, my favorite sleute!!! Thank you Blue rolleyes.gif
Dragonball161
QUOTE (Ayli @ Apr 13 2004, 12:25 AM)
QUOTE (Blueice2 @ Apr 12 2004, 04:43 PM)

Yay, I have a Sherlock Homes batdge, my favorite sleute!!! Thank you Blue rolleyes.gif

It wasn't that hard to recognize. rolleyes.gif
I mean, those rocks in the last pic really gave it away, I can't count all the times I tried to jump them during Prologue and then afterwards too. Ayli just beat me to the post. down.gif
Ayli
QUOTE (Dragonball161 @ Apr 12 2004, 08:13 PM)
Ayli just beat me to the post.  down.gif

Sorry Danie. I spelled badge and sleuth wrong, duh! No spell checker at work. shock.gif
Dragonball161
QUOTE (Ayli @ Apr 13 2004, 01:55 AM)
QUOTE (Dragonball161 @ Apr 12 2004, 08:13 PM)
Ayli just beat me to the post.  down.gif

Sorry Danie. I spelled badge and sleuth wrong, duh! No spell checker at work. shock.gif

No hard feelings, it was an easy one, for you and me, anyway. wink3.gif
Blueice2
QUOTE (Dragonball161 @ Apr 13 2004, 03:13 AM)
It wasn't that hard to recognizerolleyes.gif

Ok Danie, I admit that was easy. Here is another one, extra for Sherlockball161... maybe this one is a bit harder to find.

Where exactly can you find these stairs...?

whistling.gif
Corona
Tokotah 2. biggrin.gif
nutrioso
Okay, I have a dumb question. What is fly mode and how do you do it? I have been spending way too much time trying a download that I can't get to work and have been missing reading the forum as much. down.gif
I can't wait to try all that I have just read that you have found. I need to get back to URU. I'd like to find everything before the xpac2 comes out in June! rolleyes.gif
You guys are all sooooooooo smart!! clapping.gif
Blueice2
QUOTE (Corona @ Apr 13 2004, 01:39 PM)
Tokotah 2.  biggrin.gif

Corona...! Tsk tsk that was a random shot, wasn't it? Good one tho, with Tokotah 2 having probably one gazillion stairs inside, chances were great laugh.gif

But please! I have the nerve to ask for a bit more precise location, like 'behind the spyroom' or 'above the kahlo pub' or so... but sorry, it is NOT Tokotah 2 anyway. Ah I am glad I made it a little bit harder this time cool.gif

And nutrioso, that was not a dumb question and we are not all sooooooooo smart, honestly not! The fly mode is not a complicated hacker thingy (well yes sure it is, but they made it very comfy and easy for us), it is just a little exe file that does the trick. You download and run it, and poof - you can take off wink3.gif

Kudos again to the great guys of COBBS who developed the fly mode, and esp to anahm who made it so easy to use for everyone thumbsup.gif worship.gif thumbsup.gif

You can find more about the fly mode and where to download it, in this thread.
RR_Caz
Actually nutrioso, the exact link is here with the full easy to understand instructions...

This one is for the latest fully functioning version of the Fly Mode "patch". clapping.gif

(No offense BlueIce, and PS. your 'stair' link is broken for me blush.gif )
Blueice2
QUOTE (Cazinojo @ Apr 14 2004, 02:32 AM)
(No offense BlueIce, and PS. your 'stair' link is broken for me  blush.gif )

Absolutely no offense taken Caz, thanks a lot for posting a better link for nutrioso laugh.gif

For me, the 'stairs' link works fine. Could you try it again with right-click on the broken link and 'show image' (in case you use windoze)? If still no success, I have the pic uploaded to my gallery here.

Enjoy the search wink3.gif
Ayli
I think this door is near the balcony and stairs that goes to the Concert Hall and after the Hall of the Kings.

Is this the one?
Blueice2
QUOTE (Ayli @ Apr 14 2004, 03:15 AM)
Is this the one?

This is the one! Wow Ayli, I am impressed... this door is exactly where these stairs lead to, from the other side. Congrats! I didn't think you would find it so quick clapping.gif

Edit: P.S. This one was sure not as easy as the one behind the pub, so Ayli has proven she truly deserves that Sherlock badge laugh.gif

Just wait! I still have more gimmicks in my sleeve shock.gif
nutrioso
Thanks Caz for the link. I downloaded it. I get confused transfering files. Not exactly sure how to do that. confused1.gif I think that is where I am going wrong now. I will keep at it. I sure would like to be able to fly around the cavern and get over that fence at the cleft! headbang.gif
Dragonball161
Well, I haven't really been flying too much. Just going to the places I seem drawn to, and flying out as far as I can and looking back.
Corona
Wow Blu! Uru has so many hidden areas in it! That infamous brown door (earlier hidden GZCM) near the Kings' Hallway toward the Library pathway has a stairway behind it?? Cool! Gotta check it out! thumbsup.gif

Here's a big question.

Not that I'd want to use it to 'defeat' XP2, but will Fly mode work after XP2 is installed? I'd most definitely keep it in Off mode during XP2.

Or, will we have to wait for a new Fly mode after XP2? huh.gif
Ayli
QUOTE (Blueice2 @ Apr 13 2004, 09:03 PM)
This is the one! Wow Ayli, I am impressed... this door is exactly where these stairs lead to, from the other side. Congrats! I didn't think you would find it so quick  clapping.gif

He, he, thanks Blue,

Actually I noticed that staircase during my flight session last weekend and I was wondering were it will lead. So when I saw your question, it rang a bell that I've seen it before bash.gif I also found the spiral path that you and Kurt were talking about.

I'm not sure I'll be able to participate during next week, as I'm going on vacation, starting tomorrow. Ayli will be flying for real!!! thumbsup.gif
Blueice2
QUOTE (Corona @ Apr 14 2004, 05:13 AM)
will Fly mode work after XP2 is installed?

I am positive, it will work. Unless Ubi or Cyan decide to do some major changes to the Python engine and / or the Avy physics, it should work fine in all new Ages like it does now. The motion of your Avatar is not related to an Age or surroundings. But at least I will switch back to the 'normal', unchanged Python.pak before installing XP2, just to be on the safe side laugh.gif

The 'former GZCM location door' shocked me, too! I found the stairway coming from the other side, but exploring it, I just found it was leading into a black tunnel so I lost interest.

When Ayli came up with her door, I thought 'huh...?' and decided to try and walk that tunnel to the end, and bingo! I came out exactly where Ayli stands in her picture thumbsup.gif

Always great to see that teamwork brings the best results biggrin.gif
kurtg1265
I would assume that when Xpack 2 is installed that python file will be overwritten and you wont be able to fly unless you reinstall the flying python file again . Which of course wouldnt be that hard , but I am with Corona , I will wait until I finish XP2 before I do that .
Blueice2
QUOTE (Blueice2 @ Apr 14 2004, 05:32 AM)
QUOTE (Corona @ Apr 14 2004, 05:13 AM)
will Fly mode work after XP2 is installed?

I am positive, it will work.

Doh blush.gif

Correction, of course Kurt is right. I am positive that our actual fly mode will work with XP2, AFTER installing it again. But that was the interesting question anyway, whether we will have to wait for the COBBS bunch to develop a total new fly mode, extra for XP2? I'd say no. Our fly mode should work with XP2 as well as it does now, but like Kurt and Corona said it... it might spoil the fun if we use it to cheat before we finished XP2 in 'walk mode', so I won't use it either laugh.gif
Dragonball161
Heck, if it doens't work, there is definantly hope that they should get it all running, or FLYING, shortly, since they already have the basework laid for the original.
Blueice2
Ok back to the topic of the thread... since the last one was quite hard, here is an easy one again. I bet you Sherlocks will have it in a jiffy. But after that I'll come up with another meanie laugh.gif

Where am I standing here...?

blabbing.gif linking.gif
Corona
I've been there. I've taken a pic there too. It's the sharp angled porch waaaaay up there overlooking the Courtyard.
Blueice2
QUOTE (Corona @ Apr 14 2004, 08:56 AM)
It's the sharp angled porch waaaaay up there overlooking the Courtyard.

That's it, exactly. This point goes to Corona thumbsup.gif

Ok Sherlocks, since the easy ones are just boring for you, here comes a meanie tongue.gif

I admit this one is neither in Ae'gura nor in fly mode. But where exactly is it?

Enjoy the search rolleyes.gif
Corona
huh.gif Ummm..... I have no idea. Hey, I'd like to cash in my point now. laugh.gif
Blueice2
QUOTE (Corona @ Apr 14 2004, 12:25 PM)
huh.gif Ummm..... I have no idea. Hey, I'd like to cash in my point now.  laugh.gif

Good! Then this one was not too easy... laugh.gif

Hint: it is in Gahreesen

*grabs Corona's point & runs* roll.gif
Dragonball161
Is it
?????

You brightened it up a bit, didn't you? wink3.gif
Blueice2
QUOTE (Dragonball161 @ Apr 15 2004, 12:56 AM)
Is it
?????

Yes the picture is brightened a bit, but not too much. The colors are pretty much the same as in the original view.

And sorry Danie, it is not the prison cell... that hole was round wink3.gif

But you had the right idea at least! Who said this square opening in my picture was in a wall...? Could be a floor, or a ceiling, or... laugh.gif
Dragonball161
QUOTE (Blueice2 @ Apr 14 2004, 11:03 PM)
QUOTE (Dragonball161 @ Apr 15 2004, 12:56 AM)
Is it
?????

Yes the picture is brightened a bit, but not too much. The colors are pretty much the same as in the original view.

And sorry Danie, it is not the prison cell... that hole was round wink3.gif

But you had the right idea at least! Who said this square opening in my picture was in a wall...? Could be a floor, or a ceiling, or... laugh.gif

Yeah, you're right:

But, here's where it is. and there are 6 of 'em!!!!

biggrin.gif
Blueice2
QUOTE (Dragonball161 @ Apr 15 2004, 02:32 AM)
But, here's where it is. and there are 6 of 'em!!!!

Bingo! Great job, Sherlock clapping.gif

That was not easy, compliments Danie! What about the other flyers? No screenshots of unusual places, to let us guess and search where it is? Heh? Huh? Come on, Corona, Kurt and all others who have been everywhere! Reach deep in your treasure box and paste some for us laugh.gif
Dragonball161
I swear, I walked (and flew a bit) all over Garriseen! Its wasn't till the very end of my search that I found it. I passed 3 of them up before I realized I had to look up. I took screenshots of it and exited out, ready to brighten them up and upload them, then I realized FRAPS wan't on... so I had to go back, but at least I knew exactly where it was and I have a link in right there. biggrin.gif
Dragonball161
Well, no one added a pic, so:

It's not in the city. wink3.gif
nutrioso
Wow, great pic, but I have absolutly no idea where it could be! (Wish I could fly, then could I find it?) confused1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.