Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Myst Novel
Guild of Greeters > Ages of Myst (including all Myst games and related media) > General Discussion - Not Puzzle Help > The Books - D'ni History & Lore
Tyion Age Keeper
I have herd there was a new Myst novel planed is that true and if so when will it be released is it even beging made?.
CAGrayWolf
The last I heard ... Cyan is planning a fourth book ... working title Book of Mirrim ... and is being written by Ryan Miller ... also the last I heard on this ... about 6 months ago ... the book was put on the back burner.

Haven't heard anything recently but will ask around tomorrow. smile.gif
YORAM
Wolf when you are asking, could you please ask them about a re-release of the old books ?
Perhaps they could make a three in one book ?
CAGrayWolf
QUOTE (YORAM @ Apr 12 2004, 12:21 AM)
Wolf when you are asking, could you please ask them about a re-release of the old books ?
Perhaps they could make a three in one book ?

I will ask and see what I can find out ... I will forward you suggestion as well. There does seem to be enough interest in the books for a re-release option.
Dragonball161
Yes, please get them to re-release them. That way I can pick them up at the bookstore. biggrin.gif Ahhh... summer reading...
ellen6
A re release would be great. After hearing everyone talk about them I would love to read them.
trickster721
You mean Rand is gonna write this one without Wingrove? I hope not.

I mean, did you read his draft of chapter one?

A novelist he is not.
Tijara
QUOTE (trickster721 @ Apr 13 2004, 08:40 AM)
You mean Rand is gonna write this one without Wingrove? I hope not.

I mean, did you read his draft of chapter one?

A novelist he is not.

No but Ryan is wink3.gif
Marcello
But didn't Ryan just start the sequel to one of his books? Guess he won't have time for BoM down.gif
trickster721
No but Ryan is wink3.gif

Yeah, well, that's another controversial topic. But I guess it's the publisher's tastes that matter in the end.

Has anybody actually read that thing? I've only seen a sample chapter.
Matanawaiian
We need a

Myst: The Book of Yeesha

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ymur
im glad to say ive got and read the three books, hence the name!! a new one! lets hope so, u know for some resoon a new one hadnt crossed my mind, even tho there is going to be a new game!

well lets hope so!!

woho!!

ymur linking.gif
Matanawaiian
Has anybody actually read that thing? I've only seen a sample chapter.

LINKY?
trickster721
This is Ryan Miller's novel Inkarri I'm talking about, not the Book of Marrim.

Here's the link. Go to the "Chapter Excerpt".

And don't say I didn't warn you.
DaDungeon
If the novels WERE re-released in a trilogy volume . . .

(would someone like DelRey . . .
DaDungeon LOVES DelRey's mindset . . .
work up such a volume for Cyan?) . . .

and sequenced according to the way Cyantists think they are best presented . . .

DaDungeon would definitely lay out some moolah for it.

Oh . . .
and would Ryan like any assistance in putting the fourth book a little closer to the front of the back burner?

jDaisy's learning now . . .
how to string words more smoothly . . .
and to edit the ones that still feel rough around the edges.

hint . . .hint . . .hint . . .
Matanawaiian
OSIRIS! oh... please tell me it's a VERY rudementry draft! SOOOOOOO unclear...
trickster721
Ok, look, we're talking about two different books. The thing I linked to was a chapter from Inkarri, which has nothing to do with Myst. It's a novel by Ryan Miller, who is not the same person as Rand Miller.

The topic of discussion is the next Myst book, the Book of Marrim. But the thing I linked to has nothing to do with that. Got it?
Matanawaiian
I knew that. no... seriously.
Dragonkin
I have just read the excerpt from the Inca novel. Though it doesn't seem to interesting (Myst-wise), it is still pretty well written. I have read the three Myst books and I really enjoy them. Ryan's writing and storytelling are superb in my book and I am awaiting the fourth book with much expectation. And as for the reprinting, I think printing the three books would be a BAD idea. Remember, all of you whom have read the books, that not only is the story a part of the Myst world, The books THEMSELVES, cover and all, are part and parcile of the Myst world.A reprint, with the original covers if possible, would be an excellent idea. If for no other reason than the fact that the books are what got me into the game. Myst was just a buzz word to me until I read the books.
fourthrebirth
Hi all,

I ordered the soundtrack of Myst 5 and guess what! There was a preview of "MYST - The Book Of Marrim" with it!! thumbsup.gif And judging by it, the novel should be absolutely great. According to an absolutely trustable source, the book should also be available hardcover like the other three for those collectors like me. Wonder what number will be put on the cover since The Book Of D'ni had the numbe 25 (b'fahsee).
barbossa
I don't know if i wanna know more about marrim... i'd rather have a big book of d'ni tales, like myths and stories of the great d'ni, i think that would be the greatest thing cyan could do... ever at this point.. besides uru live, and creation of ages... of course =P
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.