Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Myst Obsession Exclusive Hi-Res E3 Trailer!
Guild of Greeters > Ages of Myst (including all Myst games and related media) > General Discussion - Not Puzzle Help > Myst IV: Revelation > Myst IV: Revelation General Discussion
Gadren
Dusanté uploaded a hi-resolution version of the E3 trailer!

I just uploaded a new version of the E3 trailer, it's in Quicktime format, 800 x 450 in resolution and around 50 megs in size.
Some people didn't like the compression in the WMV trailer so I sacrificed size for quality and didn't use alot of compression.

This version has been slightly tweaked so some scenes may look different and is much higher quality than the previous trailer, also note that some footage is still test footage and some was specially made for the trailer.

Myst Obsession Movies Page
Thanks so much to the Revelation Team and Katie "Kha'tie" Postma for arranging this for us!
master sabbath
clapping.gif thanx for the link clapping.gif
i was searching 4 ever to get a hold of that movie
Corona
Quicktime says that it doesn't recognize the file. down.gif
CAGrayWolf
Works fine for me ... Corona I know I can assume that you have the latest version on QuickTime installed ... so maybe the download was corrupted?
Ayli
Was not able to play, said it is not a QuitckTime file. Uploaded the lates QuickTime: 6.5.1, still no go. The file is a little over 49MB. What is the problem? down.gif
CAGrayWolf
When you download the file ... are you right clicking on the file and then clicking "Save Target As ..." ?

This could and usually is the problem if you are not doing this.

Total download size is 47.9mb
Ayli
Yes, Wolfie, uploaded twice, a no go, still down.gif
CAGrayWolf
QUOTE (Ayli @ May 26 2004, 08:45 PM)
Yes, Wolfie, uploaded twice, a no go, still down.gif

Now this is strange ... why did it work fine for me yet you, Corona and quite a few others are having problems?

I'm stumped at the moment.
Shadowcats
Downloads and plays for me 47.95 mb. confused1.gif
I have the latest version of Quicktime as well.
Cleft
I can't watch the movie too down.gif
I get the error that Quicktime does not understand the file.
I have downloaded the latest version 6.5.1
Shadowcats
OK now after reading all this again I went to check the file / Movie now it won't play?
Played the first time I downloaded it now Zipo. confused1.gif
Checked all codex's and associations they seem OK.
Corona
Quicktime bites.
LaReh
No workie for me either. I tried 6 different players too.
Arowin
Ahhh so it isn't just me then smile.gif

I've got the same probs... Even tried downloading it twice...
Corona
Must work with a weird codec.
CAGrayWolf
Wish I understood all this more to help you all ... I have no idea what I have done that is so different that allows me to view this file easily. Only thing I can think of is when I installed the latest version of Quicktime I did a full install ... minus Ipod player which I canceled as soon as it started ... then QuickTime was installed and I selected all the options. wacko.gif
Ayli
Wolfie, did you install the Pro version?
CAGrayWolf
QUOTE (Ayli @ May 27 2004, 06:34 PM)
Wolfie, did you install the Pro version?

Nope ... just the free download version and selected all options. blink.gif
Shadowcats
Gadren or wolfie could you tell us what codec it uses.
Don't understand why it played as soon as I downloaded it now it wont?
The only thing I did after this was reinstall Riven and Quick Time popped up but no other files were changed?
kurtg1265
Instead of doing an automatic update for quicktime and just updating the files you have installed , you can update manually .

Go to edit > preferences > update check and click on update and install additional Quicktime software . Then press the update button . You should then get a Quicktime component install box . Instead of clicking update now click on custom . It will give a list of all available codecs besides just the ones you have installed . I personally check everything and get it all .
CAGrayWolf
I did the exact same thing as Kurt did. smile.gif
Shadowcats
shock.gif Now you tell us I just went and did that and it worked. YAY
My problem was when I reinstalled Riven it must have taken over the codec's.
Thanks kurtg and Wolfie. clapping.gif
Ja'de
I still can't get it to work. I uninstalled quicktime and reinstalled. I did the update choosing custom and took everything. I downloaded the trailer 3 times making sure that virus scan and firewall were off when I did it. I still get the message
'is not a file that quicktime understands.
twoaz1
I still can't get it to work. I uninstalled quicktime and reinstalled. I did the update choosing custom and took everything. I downloaded the trailer 3 times making sure that virus scan and firewall were off when I did it. I still get the message 'is not a file that quicktime understands.

We noticed that when we mouse-over the link to the file, it is a .mov file but when it saves it is a .qt file. Even though we just updated just as Kurt suggested, .qt is not recognized. We double checked that the file extension .qt is checked in the file association section. We're at a loss.

We'll keep trying till we blow up. If we manage to figure a way around it, we'll post here. Good luck Ja'de smile.gif

~two
kurtg1265
Now that is interesting . I just double checked mine and it has a .mov extension . What happens if you rename the file and change the .qt to .mov ? Try that and see if it works .
Ayli
I updated all the plug-ins and still the same message: it is not a Quick time file. See who can figure this out down.gif
Corona
I hate codecs. Did I mention that I hate codecs? Well, I just wanted to say, I hate codecs.
Arowin
It sounds like the quicktime movie was created on a Mac... Well at least thats what a lot of the other people I've searched for had their problems with... No solutions though...
twoaz1
We REALLY don't know about this stuff but think that Arowin has got it right. According to Apple this cross platform thing could be the problem. We did try renaming the .qt to .mov We then uninstalled Quicktime and downloaded/reinstalled. When we downloaded the movie again, the file no longer had the .qt extension and had the .mov extension but still Quicktime claimed it didn't recognize the file type. Odd. It seems to us it must be a cross platform problem that the newest version gave us the proper extension finally... but why would it work for some PC users and not others?

Well... we're bagging it for now. We'll let you know if we learn anything later on. It's a matter of principle now verymad.gif
Ayli
Go for it two. If you find the silution, will be eternally greatfull. worship.gif
Corona
Ayli, I know you can spell better than that! roll.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.