Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rock Of Ages
Guild of Greeters > Ages of Myst (including all Myst games and related media) > Puzzle/Gameplay Help > URU: Ages Beyond Myst > Path of the Shell Ages > Er'cana
OrygunDuk
headbang.gif I've pushed, jumped, ran into, tried to leap on (etc etc etc) the rock to bridge the gap into the baking room, and it won't budge. Not even a wiggle. This doesn't seem to be a daunting task, unless it's another puzzle or a glitch. Any strong arms that have a hint?? I'm tired of banging my head on this thing...
CAGrayWolf
Have you tried clicking on it with your cursor? whistling.gif
Dragonball161
If elephants can't move it, ask a mouse to click it. wink3.gif

:ld:
OrygunDuk
shy.gif I've been all around it (I use a trackball) but there you go... "click" the lightbulb goes on. Thanks for restoring my sanity!
CAGrayWolf
QUOTE (OrygunDuk @ Aug 14 2004, 08:18 PM)
shy.gif I've been all around it (I use a trackball) but there you go... "click" the lightbulb goes on.  Thanks for restoring my sanity!

Don't feel bad ... I did the same thing. rolleyes.gif Oh and I'm also a trackball user. clapping.gif
Windy RedOak
Oh and I'm also a trackball user.  clapping.gif 

Question?: CAGrayWolf

How can you use it in game play?
A friend has one and I tried to use and I keep trying to picking it up.

bye2.gif
CAGrayWolf
QUOTE (Windy RedOak @ Aug 15 2004, 01:55 PM)
Oh and I'm also a trackball user.  clapping.gif 

Question?: CAGrayWolf

How can you use it in game play?
A friend has one and I tried to use and I keep trying to picking it up.

I have the same problem with a regular mouse now. I have been using a trackball for 6 years now and find it far more comfortable and easy to use. There was some adjustment period as I adapted to the trackball but once I got use to it I could never go back to a mouse.

I use the Logitech Cordless Trackman Wheel.
Dragonball161
QUOTE (CAGrayWolf @ Aug 15 2004, 09:02 PM)
I use the Logitech Cordless Trackman Wheel.

Being a logitech, and cordless, I must ask, how is it's battery life?

I have a wireless keyboard by them and it has a good life (9 or so months), but the optical mouse is horrible (about 3 months). I'm looking at an upgrade.

Windy RedOak
Dragonball161 Posted on Aug 15 2004, 09:31 PM
I have a wireless keyboard by them and it has a good life (9 or so months), but the optical mouse is horrible (about 3 months). I'm looking at an upgrade.

I thought that the wireless mouse had a port the plug-into. that they didn't have batteries

bye2.gif
Dragonball161
That's only one model. I have a slightly older model that is optical and wireless and doesn't charge. I've been looking to upgrading to the charge version, though. But still, I hear you only get about 2 hours worth of life out of a night's charge. So I don't know about that.

CAGrayWolf
With my TrackBall ... using Duracell batteries I can get 3 to 6 months of life on average. I have had this particular trackball for about 3 years now and am still very happy with it. Technically it does drain batteries dry fairly quickly ... especially the cheap batteries. Duracell batteries are the only ones that last the longest with continual use.
Windy RedOak
That's only one model. I have a slightly older model that is optical and wireless and doesn't charge. I've been looking to upgrading to the charge version, though. But still, I hear you only get about 2 hours worth of life out of a night's charge. So I don't know about that.

Really? thats all. then I'm staying with my mouse then.

thank you. bye2.gif
trickster721
You can bridge that gap? Darn it!

I really hate it when they do that. I never figured that out in Teledahn, either. When they did it in Myst and Riven there was always a wheel to turn or something, but now we're supposed to just go around clicking things that might turn into bridges?
Dragonball161
QUOTE (Windy RedOak @ Aug 16 2004, 07:36 PM)

Really? thats all.

From what I hear, yes. It's worse than charging my iPod for a week hoping for 9 hours of play and getting 3 (when lucky).

The only company has worth-while rechargeable bateries built in is Nentindo. The Game Boy Advanced SP that I have gets all the play time I could ask for it from one charge!

But as for the mice, I use Duracell and Energizer (whicher we have a cupon for that week) and they seem to last about the same. But in my calculator (TI86) I like the Duracell Maxx, it just seems to go an extra mile or so.

And as for the rock, I didn't know about that until after the game. Such a kick in the butt! I linked from the raising floor room to the pellet room to get my pellets... and then I find out I could have pushed that darn rock and WALKED? Oh well, I guess I just figured with all the other linking I had to do, it was the thing to do here... headbang.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.