Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tomorrow May Rain But...
Guild of Greeters > Ages of Myst (including all Myst games and related media) > Puzzle/Gameplay Help > URU: Ages Beyond Myst > UrU: Ages Beyond Myst - Prime Ages > Teledahn
d'rbeh
shorah all!

Bru because of frustration being unable to continue in Gahreesen and because of an occasional frightening roar-like noise from deep in the woods surrounding the training center has moved on to Teledahn.

he was at first in wonder of the place, thinking that snow was lightly falling upon him... little did he know. this was a beautiful room to open up into and the view outside breathtaking!

he searched all around the room and the adjoining plank-walkways and found a curious blue button that was not activated. no amount of pushing or prodding would coerce it to operate. so, he walked away, out into the out-of-doors, this magical world of mushrooms, suspension-walkways, hills, rocks and seas. he noted a wondrous flying bird-thing winging its way out and around through Teledahn, and noticed the little "jumpers" that would jump up high in the air and then come down and land in the same places.

he explored, thought, explored some more, back-tracked, explored some more, went back and checked, explored, back-tracked, maneuvered levers, went back and checked... so many times he could never count them all. nothing seemed to work to be able to initiate power.

then something wondrous happened: upon playing around with the focus-viewer, r'eeta accidentally hit the same left button twice and
Click here to view a spoiler.
after she found that out, we thought that it was just a nice touch to the game that would save us time... heh heh ...

then, quite by accident, upon
sigh... but no dice.

after checking and re-checking a hundred times, we went back and looked once again at the
another sigh from Bru.

so, the next time it came round, we
so, being sure that there was now power to the blue button inside, we went back... nope.

oh, i forgot to mention. at one point, when we were near the bucket, we switched to first person mode, because i wanted to jerk Bru's head upward so i could look up. what happened frightened me at first:

with this new talent in mind, we noticed after we were able to energize the system that there was a significant lag in time between the time that

so, what i did was to practice moving

it was an interesting ride. and when we arrived, we explored all over and found a

we did find it, touch it and then ended that evening. tomorrow is another one, and i am MOST excited, because there are a jillion things to explore around that room! biggrin.gif

salaam all! bye2.gif

ps. thanks for meeting with me for coffee in the rain this last friday, ayli! hug.gif
Ayli
d'rbeh, you and r'eeta are doing great, and you are right, there are many, many wonderous thing to accomplish in this room and beyond shhh.gif . Brubaker is an accomplished explorer, it will take him no time to find ways to get places.

The "jumpers" are called flappers. smile.gif

Have a great discovery tomorrow, I can't wait to read your Journal entries here.

And it was my great pleasure to be able to chat with you over a cup of coffee. hug.gif So little time.

bye2.gif Till we meet at the cavern!!! thumbsup.gif linking.gif
ydontuknow
I am wondering d'rbeh are you two playing from the cd (hardly no bugs, if any) or from the Until URU plug in? (a lot of bugs and for someone who has never ever been to all the ages it can and will make the journey complicated) rolleyes.gif
kurtg1265
QUOTE (d'rbeh @ Aug 16 2004, 03:16 PM)
it was an interesting ride. and when we arrived, we explored all over and found a

we did find it, touch it and then ended that evening. tomorrow is another one, and i am MOST excited, because there are a jillion things to explore around that room!  biggrin.gif

You may want to do a bit more 'searching' nearer where you linked in the first time . You dont really have to right away , you will eventually be able to get there easier again . whistling.gif

You should try the sun viewer when you have a bug in this age . It can actually be about 180 degrees off from the sun when you 'hear' the machinery and the power comes on . Yes the sun
Usually when this happens , the bucket ride has a tendency to go a little haywire as well , and sometimes doesnt like to drop you where its supposed to . After a few trips around though , it will drop you ( at least most of the time anyway ) .

You have a lot yet to see and explore in this age . Make sure you have your notebook along with you . You will probably need it . wink3.gif

BTW ydontuknow , yes they are still playing the single player Prime game with no Xpacks .
Corona
D'rbeh & R'eetah, you finally made it to Teledahn. I'm so glad. This Age is more Myst-like than the others. But it still has a Bahro Cave somewhere. And like the rest of Uru, you'll need to run & jump. (You're still keeping a pictoral log of what emblems you see on the Bahro Cave floors, right?)

Making it past the bucket ride is a biggie. So you've got that done.

The thing is...what to do there. You'll see telescopes that were meant for Uru Live that have no meaning now. down.gif But there are other items there that you can manipulate.

I wish you both the best of luck!
d'rbeh
shorah all!

CORONA! you're back with us! WOOHOO!!!!! clapping.gif

yep, we did accomplish a LOT last night: we were able to manipulate gadgetry galore!

and we did a lot of interesting reading... hmm... even copied down a serial number from some paper on the desk.

we found a control panel and diddled around with the buttons ... but one of them made no sense.

we did
these brought back memories of the page in the office area we saw and we attributed

we linked to the top of a

we found a relto page somewhere (i forgot) that seemed to be a depiction of a roof on it, so perhaps we'll get a new roof... who knows? smile.gif

hmmm... what else? there was SO much to do, and it was getting late, so we left Bru back at Relto and will pick up there some more Saturday morning....

trying to think of what we should be looking for near where we linked in... we have five journey cloths so far....

salaam, and have a great week all!!!!!!! bye2.gif

ayli, i'm going to have to get some more memory for my notebook... smile.gif but when i do, i'll be off and running again... bye2.gif bye2.gif
ellen6
d'rbeh,
It sounds like you are doing great. This age has so many things to look at and explore. You will be astonished at what you find here. shhh.gif I can't wait.
kurtg1265
OK , if you have 5 journies so far , it sounds like you are on track . wink3.gif It sounded to me in your other post that you had just gotten your first one after the bucket ride . You are doing great . thumbsup.gif
Ayli
Wow, you did accomplish a lot, d'rbeh!! You leave poor Bru alone in Relto for a few days. What is he doing there alone? blink.gif

The printed sheet of D'ni numbers (the one in the folder) will be very handy right now. clapping.gif shhh.gif
d'rbeh
shorah all!

yep, corona, we made it to Teledahn after facing utter and complete frustration in Gahreesen not being able to find the last journey cloth there. so, here we are... hopefully this will be inter-related and we can find a way back to some room or place that we couldn't access from Gahreesen.

i must admit that the floor panel thing is frustrating me: i've thought about the configuration and the up and down slabs on the control panel thing in the room that i can't get to, and i'm a little flustered...

i need to think, and of course an easy thing to think would be order of pressings. haven't tried it yet, but will saturday morning. who knows, maybe i am making this more difficult than it really is.

maybe i need to get some nice wine for Bru to have during his Relto relaxations! i kind of want to get a hammock there too, but no trees big enough yet to be able to use them.

our tree IS growing a lot though. it is as tall as Bru is now... (i'm guess about 5'10")

but i so want the fireflies (been unable to bring them back yet, don't know how) and i want waterfalls and rain and stuff... guess i gotta wait, eh?

salaam all!

bye2.gif

PS. ayli, i can have other critters there with Bru?
ellen6
Be sure and look through into the next cell. things up, things down.

for little fireflys, get them to join you then relto, they usually go with you.
Ayli
Shorah D'rbeh
QUOTE (d'rbeh @ Aug 19 2004, 04:54 PM)
i must admit that the floor panel thing is frustrating me:  i've thought about the configuration and the up and down slabs on the control panel thing in the room that i can't get to, and i'm a little flustered...

Your train of thought is going in the right direction. Just think of these "slabs"/paddles as

QUOTE (d'rbeh @ Aug 19 2004, 04:54 PM)
PS. ayli, i can have other critters there with Bru?

Yes you can biggrin.gif

Just another question. Were you able to manipulate the fish tank in the upper office? I think you did, but just want to clarify. If not, DO NOT look at the spoiler.

Oh and don't worry about your Relto, by the time you finish the whole Uru adventure, you'll not recognize your place in the sky. Just keep exploring and in time, you'll get there, I'm sure. thumbsup.gif
Le'ah
Here it is Saturday night and I am trying to find your new post. Anxiously awaiting. Know you are having fun. Wish we could be with you. You both (all three of you) are doing wonderful.

Hurry we want you to join us in UU. What fun.

Not really, well kinda sorta. Really want you to have lots of fun......but hurry! Rats, I said it again. bye2.gif
d'rbeh
shorah all!

just biding my time here; r'eeta is on holiday in vegas (trying to get Bru some spending money, i suppose... smile.gif

so, until next week, we are on hiatus. i will go over to water some of her plants tomorrow, so i will get on and see if i can't connect with UU.. (since i have everything i need to do it).

so much to do, so little actual time spent DOING it... we are at the drawrbridge now in Telehdan... trying to figure this one out...

salaam all! bye2.gif
Ayli
Heya, d'rbeh!!

I hope r'eeta will win some money or she could end up loosing some. shock.gif

About the drawbridge:

Just a reminder: you'll have to install UU in the new directory, no import of the save game allowed, so you'll be starting in the Cleft again. Read the instructions here on the forum clapping.gif linking.gif
d'rbeh
shorah ayli! smile.gif

thanks for the advice. i think what i may try is having Bru crash into it at top speed (since he seems to enjoy pummeling his face with the sides of caverns, rocks jutting down from ceilings, etc. He may well enjoy it - who knows?

and i won't forget about UU. i have read so many of those postings on the frustrations of people bringing in saved games and then making the server crash - you can BET that before i go UU, i'll make SURE that i'll be starting anew!

thanks for the advice!

salaam! bye2.gif
d'rbeh
blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif confused1.gif confused1.gif confused1.gif

color us a bit puzzled... smile.gif

well, we have done MIGHTY things with Bru in both Gahreesen and Teledahn, but now there is some frustration coming up... i'll post in a little bit... right now i have two meetings with staff...

be back soon!

salaam! bye2.gif
d'rbeh
hmm. that wasn't as soon as i thought it might be.

Brubaker progress report, September 1, 2004:

upon linking back into Teledahn, we finished exploring the areas before the drawbridge (and after), although we can't seem to figure out the purpose of the wing-ed spore-spewing machine just there. odd contraption, that.

we did find a way to get that bridge down, and it was by doing what Bru does best:
... this didn't seem to cause much problem though, later.

we walked along, explored some things and found that our next puzzle was whether to enter the room or explore the walkway around the room. we opted for the room. we found
and also a very interesting journey page

so, you could imagine our dilemma now: THREE choices, each delicious: stay and explore the room, try to manipulate the walkway outside the room, or link...

we chose to link. so, we kind of changed horses midstream here and went back to Gahreesen. it didn't take us very long at all to find the remaining journey cloth here, and that was ALL we needed for Gahreesen.

we had caught a glimpse of the journey door before when we were coming back from the training center to the main building, and now all we had to do was figure out how to access it:

we put Bru
r'eeta and i just stopped and looked at each other, and after we actually could BELIEVE what had happened, we gave each other a high five and went into the door...

we listened to Yeesha's speech and i primitively drew the design that was on the floor near the pillar....

SO, that was the end of Gahreesen! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (now it was three down and one to go...)

we came back to Teledahn, and we didn't have very much left to do there either! WOW... could it be that we were almost finished?

yeah, right... no such luck...

we opted to explore the same office/room that we found the linking page to in teledahn, went outside and happened across the journey door for Teledahn... hmmm... conspicuously convenient, methought....

we meandered around and down and found a most curious gun contraption thing that r'eeta used to shoot a giant hole in the side of the room that we had come out of earlier... Bru was always so careless with firearms... seems to be big wads of water that it shoots, but WOW, what speed it must shoot it! we played around with that for a while and went down to another of the wing-ed spore-spewing areas.... pulled the lever a few times and nothing much happened, except we DID hear a distant roar/whine of some great beast... neither of us really wished to stick around to allow it to come and swallow us whole... we went back to the room where we were and then went outside,
so we decided to go back down and see about that great beast... we walked the other way at the journey door and released the flood gate switch... this seemed to have little effect on our adventures... we went back the the winged spore-spewing machine and pulled that about a dozen times and r'eeta noticed something swimming FAR out to sea... i just noticed it when it looked like it was coming our way... it dived into the water though before we could get a good look at it, but it appeared to be something from one of those drawrings in the office... an idea hit me right between the eyes...

what if
so, a good idea i had, but a bit misplaced... oh well...

we went back up the trail, climbed up and obtained the last journey cloth... WHEW!!!!!!!

at least this time it was going to be easy to get to the door..

we went in and heard Yeesha's speech, and i wrote down the figure from the floor....

so, we obtained all four pillars, and went back to Relto to enjoy the new addition of the waterfall and the pool... HOW COOL IS THAT? r'eeta and i were kinda speechless when we saw that, and we just had Bru run around like a little kid in the pool... smile.gif

so, now on to the frustration... here we are at Relto, with some improvements to our little island getaway, and what to do now?

yeesha very clearly mentioned something about returning something... but r'eeta and i must have had fried brains last night, cuz we couldn't think of anything that it might mean... i told her we'd have to think on it a little...

::: hoping that Bru DID pick up everything that he was supposed to through the ages:::

so, that is where we are now...

any advice to us in what to do at this point would be appreciated...

salaam all!
Ayli
Shorah d'rbeh

It is quiet simple, your train of thought is correct. Whatever you were collecting from Yeesha, you must return. smile.gif
d'rbeh
blink.gif

hmmm... i am wondering if this is the cleft i need to go back to, but if so, i fear that we have no way back there.... down.gif

salaam! shy.gif
Ayli
You don't need to go to the Cleft (at least not yet shhh.gif) d'rbeh. Where have you been last? blink.gif
d'rbeh
hmm... just meandering around Relto... we have the four pillars from the four ages...

should we look around more carefully there?

blink.gif
kurtg1265
Try 'retracing' your steps . wink3.gif You took a few things that you must give back .
d'rbeh
hmmm... ok, we'll try that...

hard for me to think now because i am "away from the game" ...

but i'll give it some thought...

thanks all!

salaam!

bye2.gif
L'lee
Hint: How did you get the four pillars from the four ages?
ellen6
Great job! The creature is our beloved shroomie. Perfectly safe.

You have collected many things in your travels.
d'rbeh
hmm...

shorah all, and thanks for the helps!

i was trying to squeeze information out of my brain today and last night, and i was thinking that the only experiences we've had with Yeesha have been in the cleft, when she was speaking, and then in each of the Journey Doors in the ages. we only obtained the pillar things, but i've yet to find any "pillar-extraction devices" on our BEAUTIFUL RELTO to pry them out of the ground (Bru would probably break them anyway) ... smile.gif

well, now that we completed the ages, perhaps i should go back to the ages and see if we have missed anything where Yeesha gave us those pillars. hard to think that we missed anything, especially since those areas were not so huge after all. perhaps we should go back and change views, listen to her again for further clues... so, i think probably that is where we are headed next...

... unless we are to beat those pillars out of the ground with those sticks and stones somehow... biggrin.gif

salaam all, and to all in Florida, take cover!

bye2.gif
ellen6
maybe explore a common location a little more. Go where you wantta go.
Ayli
d'rbeh, the nice clue could be found on the Neighborhood balcony. There is rock there , study those petroglyphs and something will jump into your mind. You are getting there in your delibarations. You just have to figure out which one it is to choose. rolleyes.gif
d'rbeh
blink.gif

neighborhood balcony? hmmm...

we have several "rooftop" and i think a balcony journey page. we'll check those out too.

thanks!

salaam! bye2.gif
Dragonball161
The neighborhood has a bluish tint to it. wink3.gif

Just to help you locate it.

:ld:
L'lee
Have you tried going back from whence you originally got them to see if there is a clue there?
Corona
Get back. Get back. Get back to where you once belonged. Get back, Jo Jo!
ellen6
after all, those totem poles wanta go back. shhh.gif
d'rbeh
::: scratching head :::

blink.gif

ok. we are going to revisit the ages, and especially the Bahro caves... maybe Yeesha has something to tell us differently (or perhaps a tool to extract those pesky pillars)

oh, but first the balcony...

::: trying to remember where that page was... :::

salaam and thanks! bye2.gif
Ayli
QUOTE (d'rbeh @ Sep 3 2004, 05:48 PM)
::: trying to remember where that page was... :::

L'lee
QUOTE (d'rbeh @ Sep 3 2004, 04:48 PM)
::: scratching head :::

blink.gif

ok. we are going to revisit the ages, and especially the Bahro caves...     (or perhaps a tool to extract those pesky pillars)

You are on the right path! clapping.gif You have *always* had the only tool you need and it is, ummm, "rather attached to you in a very real sense"! thumbsup.gif

d'rbeh
shorah all and thanks for all the suggestions/helps...

tomorrow we'll pilot Bru to the rooftop page, and also to each of the journey caves, just in case we're either missing something, or we need to hear new information from Yeesha...

hope everyone had a great weekend!

hug.gif
bye2.gif

salaam!
Corona
D'rbeh, I knew you'd get a kick out of jumping to the Garrison Bahro cave. Quite the unhuman leap, ain't it? In real life you'd die on the way down from fright before your bones were crushed from the fall.

Just think, you get to do it all over again. laugh.gif
racegirl
QUOTE (Corona @ Sep 7 2004, 11:23 AM)
In real life you'd die on the way down from fright .....

laugh.gif I nearly do every time in the game anyway.......I always try to get Gahreesen out of the way first to get it over with............... blink.gif
JoSmiley
Actually, I'd prolly wet my pants on the way down and die of embarrassment....
Mysti Sage
roll.gif roll.gif roll.gif roll.gif

I've never gotten scared since the first time. Even then, I was only a bit scared I wouldn't make it because I didn't wan tot have to watch that little bar fill up again.

Try remembering that it's just a game, it's just a game, it's just a very cool, realistic, game. rolleyes.gif
L'lee
That still doesn't keep my palms from sweating and my heart from racing every time I have to make the silly vent jump in Gira, pedestal jump(s) in Gahreesen, and balcony jump in the neighborhood! Must be a mental thing!
Nyrphame Danilaise
It all makes me wonder if there is some real physical benefit to all of this; my brain certainly thinks I'm running, diving, leaping and, um, falling.

I wonder if I'm actually burning some calories!

smile.gif
rbjmax
I must be dense, I missed the way to drain the water, now I am just dinking around in the office and the bucket control-room. suggestions?
racegirl
Hi there rbjmax! Welcome to the Guild!!

If you've made it to the office, have you read everything on the desk? Had a look around the office for spare pages lying around? Anything in the office that looks similar to anything you've read about on the desk??

Hope that's not too spoilerish for you........ biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.