Shorah

In my squee like, Mac lovin way, I have had no luck finding a working demo of Myst IV. On several forums there are many problems mentioned with launch and play and save game. There are complex solution methods suggested but I just dont want to go there. I finally found a post with a link to a workable Mac Demo. [Dear Mod- I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I said I would report here about Mac related issues. Please move this if you can find a better spot]

Country Squee
Just a little squee out for adventure

posted Sep 15, 04 07:16 AM by Widowwmaker on the UBI forum at:
UBI Forum Link

I also had problems with most of the downloadable PC/Mac Demo's. I finally just called UBI support and they immediately sent me a working disk (got it in 3 days). In the meantime, I found the following link which DID work for me...

http://www.clubic.com/t/jeux/demo/1346.html

(In case the linked page changes, just do a search in the box at the top center of the web page, using "Toutes les rubriques".)

The site is in French, but click on: "Démo jouable #1 (MacOS)"
then "Télécharger" to download the MacOS demo.

The MystIV Demo is in English, and works fine on my G4 1G, 1G RAM, with Radeon 9700

Moderator Note

I've moved this to the Myst IV forum and will make an announcement in the News from the Cavern section also.