Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Uk Collectors Edition
Guild of Greeters > Ages of Myst (including all Myst games and related media) > General Discussion - Not Puzzle Help > Myst IV: Revelation > Myst IV: Revelation General Discussion
Bigland
I received Myst IV from Amazon UK today, but they sent me the standard edition instead of the Collectors Edition (which appears to be the only version they're advertising). But I'm finding it difficult to confirm there is a UK Collectors Edition, even on Ubisoft's site. Am I going mad? (Apart from the fact I now have Myst IV but can't remove the cellophane to play it because it probably has to go back... verymad.gif )
coelho_buda
How can you tell it's not the Collector's Edition?
I want to know because I bought two copies here (one for me and one for my brother). If they aren't the CEs they'll be going back faster than a cheetah on the run!
Mysti Sage
You can tell by the pretty case. The CE looks like a book and has the Revelation symbol on front, and it's gold-colored-ish. Very distinctive. smile.gif
CAGrayWolf
Myst IV: Revelation whistling.gif
Bigland
It's unfortunate that the link to Myst IV CE is "broken" on Ubisoft's shopping page (at least, it has been on two computers that I've tried), and I can't find the CE at all if I select the UK shop. I'm waiting to hear from Amazon UK.
coelho_buda
OK, then there must be something wrong with your order bigland, as the cover they are showing in Amazon UK is the same that UBIsoft is showing for the collector's edition. It should include the soundtrack and a set of playing cards.
Let me know what Amazon tells you though. I may be only receiving my copy next week. And I still haven't received the one I couldn't cancel from UBI.
Bigland
One slight concern is the barcode on the invoice (where it clearly says "Collectors Edition") is the same as the barcode on the back of the standard edition game. I'll let you know what they say. I read (on here somewhere?) that the soundtrack was actually a set of files on the DVD-ROM, rather than a separate disc. Can anyone confirm this, and describe the playing cards? Or point me to a link? TIA
coelho_buda
Check this post for pics on the contents and description of a Collector's Edition.
Bigland
Thanks for the link. Amazon UK have just sent an apology and offered to send a replacement item. Fingers crossed. unsure.gif
indy
The same happend to me down.gif But I will also get a new version clapping.gif
coelho_buda
Well, guess what? Received 2 copies of the wrong version (still waiting on the third). verymad.gif Great! Now I have two copies of the game and I can't play it! down.gif

ranting.gif
Just sent the email asking to have them replaced and I sure hope they will replace them with Collector's Editions like I ordered. And the link to buy the game still shows the Collector Edition instead of the standard one. What is wrong with Amazon? ranting.gif
Bah'tahm
QUOTE (coelho_buda @ Oct 4 2004, 03:07 PM)
Well, guess what? Received 2 copies of the wrong version (still waiting on the third).  verymad.gif Great! Now I have two copies of the game and I can't play it!  down.gif

ranting.gif
Just sent the email asking to have them replaced and I sure hope they will replace them with Collector's Editions like I ordered. And the link to buy the game still shows the Collector Edition instead of the standard one. What is wrong with Amazon?  ranting.gif

Same here.. Email sent with GrayWolf's excellent link. My experience with Amazon UK has been good for past orders there.
Bigland
Looks like AmazonUK have had a fairly substantial <BOWDLERIZE>muck up</BOWDLERIZE>. My replacement is still "not yet dispatched", yet the dispatch estimate date was last Monday and expected delivery, last Tuesday.

So, while I'm waiting, anyone know where I can buy POTS in the UK? I've tried three online companies (including Amazon) over the past two months, and none could get stock...It's beginning to look like a job for eBay.
indy
Strange, I got a notification yesterday that it has been shipped. It should arrive today. I hope that it get the correct version unsure.gif
Bah'tahm
I just received e-mail that a replacement is sent. I'm not too optimistic it will be really the CE since the replacement seems to have the same ASIN and the website still doesn't have the normal edition listed. But I can keep the original package, so if they fail again I'll just get the CE elsewhere and e-bay the wrong one rolleyes.gif
coelho_buda
Me too. I've received the email about a replacement being sent and it should arrive tomorrow. They assured me that it was indeed a CE copy. I'm hoping against hope that it truly is.
*keeping toes in front and hind paws crossed*
rabbit.gif
Rex Havoc
QUOTE (coelho_buda @ Oct 4 2004, 01:07 PM)
Well, guess what? Received 2 copies of the wrong version (still waiting on the third).  verymad.gif Great! Now I have two copies of the game and I can't play it!  down.gif

Gee Rabbit, to help you out, I'll be glad to foward you my mailing address, you can send me one of your copies! I'm sure that would make you feel better!! Payment? What Payment?

Rex

Moderator Note

Closed quote tags.

Bigland
I'd be interested to hear, when any of you receive your expected replacements from Amazon UK, if they are the CE. Then I'll give Amazon a little reminder about my order... unsure.gif
coelho_buda
Will do Bigland. thumbsup.gif

[edit]

Rather than double post, here's the latest news: this is getting ridiculous. My replacement order arrived and guess what, it's comprised of two standard editions of Myst IV. I'm about ready to twack some fools over the head with a carrot! ranting.gif

Will write Amazon UK again and tell them what happened. cry.gif
indy
QUOTE (coelho_buda @ Oct 8 2004, 08:46 AM)
Rather than double post, here's the latest news: this is getting ridiculous. My replacement order arrived and guess what, it's comprised of two standard editions of Myst IV. I'm about ready to twack some fools over the head with a carrot!  ranting.gif

Will write Amazon UK again and tell them what happened. cry.gif

verymad.gif same here. I also got a standard edition again ranting.gif I never had so much trouble with amazon. I have always been very happy but now ....
coelho_buda
Well, I have just sent them the e-mail. I've also asked them if they even have the Collector's Edition for sale. Curiously, I can't find the Standard Edition for sale anywhere on the site. Maybe this is the problem. I'm beginning to think there was a serious muck up somewhere in Amazon UK...
Bigland
They finally posted my "replacement" today. I was hopeful, but now... unsure.gif
Bigland
Apologies for the double post, but thought I should report...

They sent me the right one!!! smile.gif Big red box, with "Limited Collector's Edition" on it. The barcode is 3307210178688 (if you're still suffering from Amazon UK's confusion, maybe giving them the barcode will help?!).

I hope this gives a little ray of hope to those wondering if Amazon even sell the CE. Good luck! bye2.gif
coelho_buda
They ended up refunding my money... so no Collector's Edition for me. cry.gif
Made an order for it at Ubi France, hope at least they don't get it mixed up.

Bigland... you suck noodles! laugh.gif Oh, never mind me, I'm just having a great big helping of sour grapes right now.
Bigland
I thought you might be jealous of my good fortune. All I can say is bleh.gif

wink3.gif
coelho_buda
laugh.gif
Bah'tahm
Replacement shipped.. I'm hoping for the best. yawn.gif
indy
QUOTE (Bah'tahm @ Oct 10 2004, 08:18 PM)
Replacement shipped.. I'm hoping for the best. yawn.gif

and... and... What did you get??

I'm still waiting for an answer from Amazon
Bah'tahm
Yeah! clapping.gif They actually sent me the Collectors Edition this time! I guess someone must have noticed the large number of complaints after all...
indy
QUOTE (Bah'tahm @ Oct 16 2004, 10:20 AM)
Yeah!  clapping.gif They actually sent me the Collectors Edition this time! I guess someone must have noticed the large number of complaints after all...

cry.gif and I got just 2 standard versions. The replacement was also a standard version. But I still have some hopes
coelho_buda
Got a CE finally! bounce.gif Took them long enough to get it right though. laugh.gif

rabbit.gif
T_S_Kimball
I now have a CE on route from AU, should be here next week.

Though It seems a bit annoying that the card deck is not a real one. down.gif

Oh well, at least I've got one now. wink3.gif

--TSK
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.