Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Haven
Guild of Greeters > Ages of Myst (including all Myst games and related media) > General Discussion - Not Puzzle Help > Myst IV: Revelation > Haven - Achenar's Age
Injektilo1980
Wow! This game sure has everything!
A shipwreck, a jungle, an insane hermite, and a hellofalot of MONKEYS!!!!
wink3.gif
Corona
What blew me away is how it's a
Click here to view a spoiler.

Okay, how does one hide a spoiler here? ranting.gif

Moderator Note

Added color correction. Removed color correction cause spoilers now work

Injektilo1980
Yes, Haven is absolutely one of my favorite ages of all time!!!
It has incredible atmosphere and everything is alive!! clapping.gif

I've moved on to Spire now, and it's a little bit dull in comparison

why yould you describe the predator as "slow as a cow"?
Corona
By 'slow as a cow', I was talking about those fairly large, slow, clove-hooved beasts that walk on their hind legs with long golden skull formations. (highlite spoiler) They hang around near the red flag fort, near the green swamp areas. I'm trying to get them to follow me. Sometimes they do, sometimes not.

I'm not finished with any of the Ages yet, so I can't say which one I like better than another. They all blow me away. True, I got most of Tomahna done, but not all of it.

Spire I find fascinating because Sirrus is such a calculating character. I was glued to the "blanket in the cold" monologue (via Yeeshas' amulet). That one really impressed me. To see Sirrus scared to death was amazing. It was definitely a continuation of Myst Island for me. Best performance yet (so far). worship.gif

Spire has a neat feel to it. Chutes & ladders, lots of electricity, and Gothic architecture.
----------------------
Rabbit...can you teach me which 'color' to use when I want to make a spoiler tag? It would help tons. whistling.gif
(/spoiler)
ellen6
Corona, check this thread. It describes a way to do it. I haven't tried it though.spoilers
Corona
Thanks Ellen. bye2.gif
L'lee
You could do that....
ellen6
It's fixed. Thanks Tech! And after you had such a good solution L'Lee. clapping.gif
LaReh
I love Haven. It's my favorite Age in the game. (Tomahna is 2nd)
Haven is SO alive and just breathtaking.......... shock.gif
UruBoo
Just finished Haven and my kids just keep asking me - "We wanna see the monkeys again". And there we go... reload a savegame and let them enjoy the
monkeys...

Great Age...
Gadren
UruBoo
QUOTE (Gadren @ Oct 23 2004, 12:23 AM)

Corona
"Amulet vision" isn't the same as the real thing.
anubis137
I kept going back to the treehouse, looking for some way to reset the chair. No luck. down.gif
Amulet vision isn't nearly as good as doing it. It's just a memory after all bleh.gif .
ammater
OK..... I've just started Haven, lovely as it may be, I need to know one thing before I go any further......will I have to harm any animals? unsure.gif

Please, please, please say NO!!
devonette
QUOTE (ammater @ Dec 20 2004, 07:42 AM)
OK..... I've just started Haven, lovely as it may be, I need to know one thing before I go any further......will I have to harm any animals? unsure.gif

Please, please, please say NO!!

I guess it depends on what you mean by "harm"
L'lee
harm, no...
ammater
Thank you devonette & L'lee smile.gif

I was a little apprehensive, afraid I would have to club an animal or something.
Very happy to know that I won't have to!

I am the biggest sissy in the world when it comes to animals, I can't watch anything bad happen to any animal. I can't even watch movies like Free Willie or the Bear blush.gif

Thanks again !
L'lee
If you have ever seen the movie Mrs. Doubtfire, then you will know what I mean when I say that all you have to do is
lmao.gif
Mysti Sage
You won't have to kill any, and there shan't be any blows or cuts. So don't worry. smile.gif (although inter-beasty relations can be tense)
Moranda
shock.gif:whip.gif No hashing and slashing alowed. Though not always civilized, It is all realtively humane.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.