Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sirrus' blue egg
Guild of Greeters > Ages of Myst (including all Myst games and related media) > General Discussion - Not Puzzle Help > Myst IV: Revelation > Serenia
nootilus
As it's something I consider as a mild spoiler, let's hide this...

Click here to view a spoiler.
trickster721
Li'Sah
QUOTE (nootilus @ Oct 17 2004, 08:44 PM)
As it's something I consider as a mild spoiler, let's hide this...

I also noticed the similarity . . .
Slugzzz
The egg in Bevin is actually a seed anyways... just thought that you might want to know.
4dak
What kind of seed?
Mysti Sage
Actually, it's not a seed. It's a stylized sculpture representing the seed of the Great Tree of Possibilities. smile.gif
Slugzzz
QUOTE (Mysti Sage @ Oct 19 2004, 06:22 PM)
Actually, it's not a seed.  It's a stylized sculpture representing the seed of the Great Tree of Possibilities. smile.gif

lol... I was not implying that it was a real seed. And yes... it does represent the seed of the Great Tree Of Possibilities which seems to be a pivitol philosophy in the D'ni culture.
nootilus
QUOTE (trickster721 @ Oct 19 2004, 04:36 AM)

Memory globes are... globes. You can see some if you go down with the second bathysphere. They are white pale bulbous spheres. There's nothing like the blue egg Sirrus is holding in any other part of the game.

Or do I turn mad? whistling.gif

Anyway, whatever this object is and what is the big egg sculpture in Bevin's private room, the similarity is stunning and... knowing the way Rand leads the whole story... it's not innocent at all.

After all, Myst4 is about Yeesha and you have some other links to Uru (the copper plate in front of Atrus' bedroom and the final words for instance)
trickster721
Memory globes are... globes.

If Savvedro can have a styrofoam hammer, Sirrus can certainly have an egg-shaped paperweight as a memory globe. Other than it being a cheap wrong-shaped prop, there's no reason to believe it's anything but a memory whatsit.

Anyway, whatever this object is and what is the big egg sculpture in Bevin's private room, the similarity is stunning and... knowing the way Rand leads the whole story... it's not innocent at all.

Rand Miller didn't have anything to do with the story. Ubi did. Because Cyan didn't make Revelation. Ubi did. Cyan approved the story which Ubi wrote. That's all. They certainly didn't select props for random foreshadowing.
nootilus
QUOTE (trickster721 @ Oct 21 2004, 11:34 AM)
Rand Miller didn't have anything to do with the story. Ubi did. Because Cyan didn't make Revelation. Ubi did. Cyan approved the story which Ubi wrote. That's all. They certainly didn't select props for random foreshadowing.

He wasn't involved in Myst4 but he supervised it. So as for the story which was written by a scrpit writer who also wrote Myst3 and has a name, not some obscure staff member from Ubi.

To do some sort of crappy parallel, Rand Miller is for Myst serie what Bill Gates is for Windows... Bill didn't hit a single line of code since ages but he's still involved in any new release of his product.

And as a Mac user, please consider this parallel as being very insulting wink3.gif
anubis137
If Savvedro can have a styrofoam hammer, Sirrus can certainly have an egg-shaped paperweight as a memory globe.

roll.gif roll.gif roll.gif

I'm pretty sure it's a memory chamber. the white ones we saw underwater may have been immature, or maybe they turn blue as they dry out.

I just think it's the only thing that makes sense in the context.

Random thought: If the D'ni have a thing for eggs/seeds/paperweights, maybe they would be more likely to link to ages that similarly feature these shapes?

EDIT: speeling
nootilus
QUOTE (anubis137 @ Nov 2 2004, 06:29 AM)
I'm pretty sure it's a memory chamber. the white ones we saw underwater may have been immature, or maybe they turn blue as they dry out.

I just think it's the only thing that makes sense in the context.

Random thought: If the D'ni have a thing for eggs/seeds/paperweights, maybe they would be more likely to link to ages that similarly feature these shapes?

EDIT: speeling

So maybe that can hint the fact that those memory globes are maybe more used than we can think...

After all, we're not really sure of the real use of the Eggroom wink3.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.