Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Myst 4 Patch
Guild of Greeters > Ages of Myst (including all Myst games and related media) > Technical Help & Issues > Myst IV: Revelation
Abornath
I have been back and forth with Ubi soft on my issues with Myst 4 when today, they send me an e-mail letting me know that there is a new patch...

I'm not sure what it resolves, as it didn't help me out at all. down.gif

But some of you might be interested in the info (Corona, hope it helps you!)

Here's the linky Myst 4 Patch 1.02.

Good luck! biggrin.gif
Corona
I've been able to play Rev normally for quite a while now. I got my correct graphics back again. biggrin.gif

I finished the game today (using mega spoilers for Dream. Egads!) I was all teary-eyed.

I'll see what the patch is about. I'll save a copy. But Rev works fine as it is.

--------------------

Wait a minute. The site says it's coming out in the next few days. What did I just download from you? It looks like a newer patch. Where'd you get this?
What did you know, and when did you know it?!

roll.gif

I think I'd have to reinstall the game to v.1.00 & then apply the newer patch. It says from v.1.00 to v.1.02, not v.1.01 to v.1.02.
I could just uninstall those files Maztec talked about & then add v.1.02.

v.v.v.v.v.v.v.v.v.!! laugh.gif
Abornath
LOL!!! lmao.gif

I didn't know that I had an insider! lmao.gif I sent a support request for Myst 4 to Ubisoft Sunday and they e-mailed me the link today! Too funny!

It didn't help me though... I'm still getting a Sound Display Error in Ogg Vorbis... down.gif

hmmm - I wonder if I uninstall the game and go straight to 1.02 if that would help?? Good idea, Corona!! As usual, you are a GENIUS!! worship.gif
Shadowcats
Remember to save your *myst4-revelation savegames* folder as a backup if you want. smile.gif
Abornath
Ty Cats... I would if I had gotten past the Yeesa in the cable car ride... lol!

Hopefully I will have something to back up soon! (Shan keeps her fingers crossed)
Marth
I have five folders with all different save games anyway bleh.gif

Thanks anyway for the reminder whistling.gif

I'm testing the patch out now, though I had few problems before. Only the monkey puzzle crash and the menu problem. smile.gif
Marth
Ok, after some testing, I had most of the problems fixed, but the opening was all whacked. Not much, but definietly some pausing and skipping, which were NOT there before the patch. I will be keeping the patch though cause it fixed the problem I had (or at least, thought I had blink.gif) with the synchronization of the audio and video. Before, everyone looked like the spoke before the did.

Anyway, it's still not perfect, but at least it's better. smile.gif Might do some more testing later on this week (patheric excuse to replay whistling.gif)
trickster721
Sheesh. A patch for the patch.
Abornath
LOL! that's very MS of them isn't it? lmao.gif
Corona
I wonder if they added more time to the chair puzzle. I haven't implemented the patch yet. I had more important things to do, like sleep & then wake up & drink coffee. I'm drinking coffee right now. Flavorless Vietnamese monsoon coffee. It tastes like dirt. But the caffiene is still there.

Anyway, I'll try the patch later. biggrin.gif
Abornath
Poor Corona! Still haven't found a good coffee?

I hope that the patch helps you out with the chair!
Ja'de
(11/14 14:26:46) Khatie: groo - if yours is buggy do NOT install Patch 1.01.
(11/14 14:26:47) Groo: good... then my fears are overblown
(11/14 14:26:49) Lotta Lagg: mine too
(11/14 14:26:53) LaReh: I havent bothered with the patch either
(11/14 14:26:58) Khatie: wait for 1.02.  It's coming out this week and fixes things without breaking others wink3.gif

According to my secret source...What do you mean I don't have a secret source? Ok I fibbed but this is what Kha said on Sunday.
Abornath
Hey Ja'de... What thread is this in? Cause I MISSED it! lmao.gif

Wish I would have known though... Oh well! bleh.gif
anubis137
It works! I'm besides myself with amazement!

Shout it from the rooftops for...

SOMETHING FROM UBISOFT ACTUALLY WORKS LIKE ITS SUPPOSED TOO clapping.gif clapping.gif

*sniff* I'm so happy...

Unless, of course, it only works on Compaq Presario 2100s shock.gif
Ayli
What's happened to the link? It doesn't dispay down.gif
almlys
QUOTE (Ayli @ Nov 17 2004, 03:21 AM)
What's happened to the link? It doesn't dispay down.gif

Seems that was renamed..

http://patches.ubi.com/myst_4_revelation/m...to_v1.02_pc.exe
H'astin
The little Self-Updater has the patch on it too, now. smile.gif
Ayli
Thanks thumbsup.gif
Ja'de
QUOTE (Abornath @ Nov 16 2004, 07:24 PM)
Hey Ja'de... What thread is this in?  Cause I MISSED it!    lmao.gif

Wish I would have known though... Oh well! bleh.gif

This was not in any thread but is part of the log from the gathering of Betas held by Tweek on Sunday. I logged the whole time I was on but I haven't posted it anywhere.
Rex Havoc
I don't know if it is patch related or not but I just installed Myst 4, then ran the patch, before ever starting play. Now when I go to start the game I am being told to put the correct CD in. It was installed from a DVD in a different drive!!! Any way to correct its confusion?

Thanks

linking.gif

edit: Hmmm, I just noticed from Abornath's post a different version number than I got. 1.02 instead of 1.01. I'm going to check that out on Tuesday as my dial-up connection here is a bit slower than my Lan connecton at work! whistling.gif
kurtg1265
Did you get the patch from almlys's link a few posts above ? The first patch you really want to stay away from . If that is infact the patch you installed , you may need to uninstall/reinstall before applying the second patch . I have personally used neither one , but it sounds like that was what had been needed to be done by the others who have .
Rex Havoc
QUOTE (kurtg1265 @ Nov 28 2004, 05:13 AM)
Did you get the patch from almlys's link a few posts above ? The first patch you really want to stay away from . If that is infact the patch you installed , you may need to uninstall/reinstall before applying the second patch . I have personally used neither one , but it sounds like that was what had been needed to be done by the others who have .

Boy! you are on top of things!!! I'll go ahead and uninstall and reinstall the game. Then get the newest patch Tuesday. Is the patch actually necessary as you seemed to do well with out it, Kurt? I have an Nvidia card which seems fine with Uru and UU... I wanted to avoid the situation where I've started playing the game, install a patch, then have to start over again!
kurtg1265
What you can do is just reinstall it and try it . You should know soon enough if you will need it or not , espcially if you have some wierd graphics . I too have an Nvidia card , but I did experience some random crashes . I am not sure that the patch really addressed that though , so I just learned to save rather often whistling.gif .

I dont remember right off hand , but I believe the patch really adressed some issues with ATI cards , besides a few minor things . This is all Mystworlds say about the second patch -
The update corrects some side-effects that were created by the first patch.

This is what the first one was supposed to correct -
he patch addresses the following issues:

* Radeon 7000-7500 graphics card issues in Spire
* Time sensitive puzzle in Spire reworked
* “Mangree” puzzle crash issue resolved
* Game version number now displayed correctly in the main menu
* Game save issue (when the user has collected an extensive picture gallery) corrected
* Workaround for the ATI driver bug that was causing issues on the Radeon 7500 on Windows XP in the second node of the observatory and at random places. Fixed with ATI driver catalyst 4.9 and 4.10
* Registration problem (identifying as Prince of Persia) fixed
* MAC fire offering display issue in Serenia corrected

Edit - BTW , once you start the game , you should be able to install the patch and continue from where you left off . If you are really that worried about it , make a backup of your saved games and reinsert them after the update , if needed .
Slugzzz
Is there anything I can do about the annoying lag in the sound when people speak? Do one of these patches correct this?
anubis137
QUOTE (slugzzz)
Is there anything I can do about the annoying lag in the sound when people speak? Do one of these patches correct this?

No such luck. I installed the patch and it still does it. I'm pretty sure it happens because when the game can't load the graphics fast enough to keep up, the sound just keeps going even though the graphics stall, causing them to get out of sync.

Ubisoft would say: "Get a faster hard disk and DVD drive" rolleyes.gif
Ayli
I'm playing with patch 1.02 and had only once a CTD, luckily I had an Autosave. So far no major problems. thumbsup.gif
Rex Havoc
Thanks Kurt! You guys all have me a little paranoid now!! blink.gif I can see it now... move, then save, move again, then save!

I did see the list of patch items in the Readme file, one reason I wondered if I should worry about the patch or not. Well, wish me luck! If I suddenly disappear from UU and the Forum, you'll know my computer exploded!!

linking.gif
Slugzzz
QUOTE (anubis137 @ Nov 28 2004, 06:33 AM)

My computer is brand new!! That is a tad bit discouraging!
anubis137
QUOTE (Slugzzz @ Nov 28 2004, 01:32 PM)
QUOTE (anubis137 @ Nov 28 2004, 06:33 AM)

My computer is brand new!! That is a tad bit discouraging!

But... It must be your compy's fault. How could any problems be Ubisoft's fault! lmao.gif
This has been the gist behind every single email Ubisoft tech has sent me
Slugzzz
lmao.gif And I suppose that it is not their fault that they stopped funding Live also! angry.gif
anubis137
QUOTE (Slugzzz @ Nov 28 2004, 05:50 PM)
lmao.gif  And I suppose that it is not their fault that they stopped funding Live also!  angry.gif

No! Of course not! WE Myst fans didn't feed the bean counters enough beans! roll.gif
Moranda
So that is what it was all about, feeding bean counters. greedy.gif No wonder.

Anyways, I have patch 1.02 and it is working good. No probs, except for the the lip lag, which is minimal and no big deal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.