Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: To D'ni;
Guild of Greeters > Ages of Myst (including all Myst games and related media) > General Discussion - Not Puzzle Help > URU: Ages Beyond Myst > To D'ni Ages > Ae'gura - Great Zero - The Nexus
d'rbeh
Brubaker has at LONG LAST done it... and that is, finished To D'ni...

actually, after we had initially thought that he had finished it (after Bru had input the final numbers into the GZ calibration KI and saw the beam of light), it turns out that it WASN'T the end... (thanks ayli)...

so, instead of having this weird scenario where we just observed the beam of light and the anticlimactic ending of To D'ni (or so we had thought), we obtained some words of wisdom indicating that we had NOT finished and so we were advised to check the number that we had written down from
Click here to view a spoiler.

needless to say, Brubaker tried this
about thirty times.

then as if by some stroke of divine benevolence,

this was all it took, and so we were magically linked to the great shaft... once there, we observed and looked at everything that we could possibly look at and then entered the shaft itself and began walking down the spiral staircase... this proved to take forever and the farther Bru got, the darker it got. this kind of made him anxious and nervous, so he turned and walked back up the staircase to where he went in. We remembered the words
and so i ran him off.

we wound up exactly where we were meant to. this was certainly a better ending than R'eeta and i thought we had... roll.gif

we have only just slightly explored one of the lands in TPOTS, but that will be upcoming adventures, i am sure...

odd little crab-like creatures with three eyes... they seem to not enjoy Bru's awkward meanderings though... LOL

Salaam!
bye2.gif
Ayli
Oh, d'rbeh, you and Bru and r'eeta, finally made it!! Congratulations!!!

There is so much ahead of you!! It will be painful, mind you, especially at the place you are in, but don't worry, after you hammer your head for a while, you know where to turn for some releaving clues thumbsup.gif

Your Bru is getting his share of adventure, hope he get some protective gear on his extremities for the further travels thumbsup.gif
kurtg1265
Congrats D'rbeh and R'eeta clapping.gif . There have been many people that thought they finished To D'ni as you had. Glad you found the right ending . The age you started in in TPotS can get to be a tough one. I wound up needing a walkthrough for some of it . The other age, IMO, is a much better one to start with and I was able to get through that one with pretty much no help.

Good luck on Bru's journey.
d'rbeh
shorah Ayli and Kurt! hug.gif

well, so far Bru has found that he has a talent of swimming, specifically the breast stroke and freestyle.

a very interesting thing happened though.

we decided to swim Bru all the way around the island (which was EXTREMELY slow since he was fighting a heek of a current the way around), but we found the if he stayed a little close to the shore, he made better progress...

well, about half way around, he passed this overhang of rock that showed this great tail of a huge beast... we have no idea what it is, but we could not access this place later from ON the island. we kept looking for it, but knew it must be huge judging from the size of its tail alone.

we also found that we COULD actually have Bru swim out to the nearby island with steps leading up in a spiral. we only ACCIDENTALLY found

so, it was a productive evening, and Bru even ventured into the area of the "pod-plants" and found a way to work the huge machine that runs along the track.

we've much to explore... SOOOOOO exciting!

bye2.gif
salaam!

PS. Mods, please feel free to move this where it is best suited... LOL
Mysti Sage
Congratulations on finishing To D'ni, D'rbeh! clapping.gif

You're doing well with TPotS, too. biggrin.gif One thing I don't understand is this 'fish tail' you speak of... confused1.gif Care to post a picture of it, mayhaps? smile.gif
Ayli
Yes, d'rbeh you are venturing into the Path of the Shell, and that where all this has to be now.

You've been swimming in Ahnonay and worked on the machinery in Er'cana!! ... So much to look forward to...

Your findings of the numbers are important (as the drawing you found). Don't forget those journals in your Relto on the right shelf. You might make a connection. Once you do, get those pdf files from our library, it will help you in a long run. smile.gif

May Yahvo help you and your crew on your travels and don't forget to keep us all informed smile.gif
ellen6
Congrats on finishing to D'ni. It is a somewhat hidden ending. Now on to TPOTS. A very convoluted experience, to say the least. blink.gif
Marth
Yes, rather convoluted wacko.gif

D'rbeh....rabbit.gif has a wonderful walkthrough whistling.gif
d'rbeh
we'll no doubt be needing rabbit.gif's wonderful walkthrough...

for right now, we will satisfy ourselves with meandering about, discovering hidden creature tails... smile.gif

salaam!
bye2.gif
kurtg1265
Make sure to kick a few crabs whistling.gif .
jolly
ugh!!!! headbang.gif

i HATED that age with the multiple "worlds" (only read two posts....just a little tired.....and my cockatoo is about to be made into avis in flamem or avis in periculam ranting.gif )

the whole "Path of the Shell" story line.....o it was easy, but it gave me such a headache..... bash.gif

but my hats off to you for finally finishing....now just do it 6 more times clapping.gif worship.gif
Ayli
QUOTE (d @ Nov 30 2004, 07:15 PM) *
...Brubaker has at LONG LAST...

Well, I'm sure the adventure has been completed laugh.gif The date of the above post is Nov. 30, 2004, that's over 2 years ago shock.gif
jolly
headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif

......argh....even more of a headache
Ja'de
And I'm sure he's completed it 16 times by now. Welcome to the Forums Jolly.
jolly
lolz thanx
d'rbeh
LOL...

well, i've only completed it about four times... but it was really REALLY a challenge. thank goodness for rabbit.gif 's posts and walkthroughs... eeeef!!!!!
Rex Havoc
QUOTE (Ayli @ Jan 10 2007, 02:26 AM) *
QUOTE (d @ Nov 30 2004, 07:15 PM) *
...Brubaker has at LONG LAST...

Well, I'm sure the adventure has been completed laugh.gif The date of the above post is Nov. 30, 2004, that's over 2 years ago shock.gif

Wow!! I can't believe it has been that long... 2 years, it does not seem possible. I seem to remember the 'first steps'
Ayli
I do remember those first steps in Kadish and even re-read about them recently. It brought so much of the wonderful memories of "firsts" hug.gif Beh and explorer Brubaker smile.gif
d'rbeh
yep, good ol' brubaker, or bru as we've known him...

he's in the bahamas right now taking a much needed extrended vacation... eating coconuts n things... loving life in general... smile.gif

Ayli
Does Bru have a discount on the hotels in Bahamas oh he lives in a bungalow with the locals?
Rex Havoc
I'm picturing a Grass Hut with a solar powered notebook on a bamboo table. Satellite internet dish on the roof!
jolly
hahahahahaha i still remember the first time i ever played MYST, lol i got stuck in the cart going threw the caves and i then had to leave and never played the game again.....then my thirst for the game grew and i was able to get a hold of my friends copy of RIVEN (which scared him for some reason lol)..... heheh it took me a while to figure out that there was a third ending.....i think it took me about a year after getting the game to realize it lol....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.