Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: -isms
Guild of Greeters > Guild of Gamers (General Game Discussion for other games) > Forum Based Games
Abornath
clapping.gif Terra, Ken, Edders, Cleft and my self were sitting around the city discussing words that we make up and their meanings...

I thought that it would be fun to start a thread with these things.

Do you say anything that is exclusive to you and your personality?

For example, Ken was running about kicking cones and Edders suggested that he had "Coneaphobia" (a fear of cones). roll.gif

Also an example, in another thread I suggested that Marth might have "Llama envy" (wanting to become a llama) and "Yeeshaitis" (a fear of all things Yeesha) lmao.gif

Since Edders threw out out the 1st definition, I suggested that we call this collection of words and definitions the "Edders dictionary" lmao.gif

I'd love to hear any additions...
d'rbeh
Conehenge: the symmetrical structures built by some of our mods...
Ae'guraphobia: the fear of the city...
Gahreesophobia: the fear of Gahreesen and trying to obtain the KI ranting.gif
Marth
Authentiphobia - Fear of authentication

Spawnitits - Fear of not typing /spawn in time shock.gif

roll.gif I have Yeeshaitis, Yeeshaphobia, Yeesha-get-away-from-me, and Llama envy! lmao.gif
devonette
Well, you know those little puns and (mis)quotes with the word "cone" replacing other things we sit around making as odes to the cones? I've always thought of them as "cone-isms".
Ayli
Linking syndrome: when you place a hand on the book and wish you would link (in RL) shock.gif

Purpleisys: fear of purple bar not completing to load:o
Ken Telinome
Coning: (n) similar to college hazing, it involves the target individual being required to stand on the landing of the Great Stairs and be pummeled with cones.

Can also be associated with the act of stacking a "tomb" of cones of sorts over an /afk avatar.
d'rbeh
laugh.gif

yes, who among us has not had a good "coning" when we were afk for phone calls, cat feedings or other things?

i love the purpleisys too... i think i have that one.

bye2.gif
salaam!
Ayli
QUOTE (d'rbeh @ Jan 24 2005, 04:01 PM)
laugh.gif

i love the purpleisys too... i think i have that one.

bye2.gif
salaam!

I hope not for long, d'rbeh. smile.gif Is the certain Alienware someting going to be delivered to you at the end of this month? smile.gif
d'rbeh
depends on how quick i can get my taxes figured and sent off... smile.gif

WOOHOO!!!!!

bye2.gif
salaam!
jesster777
QUOTE (Abornath @ Jan 23 2005, 08:21 PM)
"Yeeshaitis" (a fear of all things Yeesha) lmao.gif

an -itis, is an inflamation, so that would be an inflamation of your yeesha.
i'd think that it was yeeshphobic.

reltosplat- when you link from your closet back to relto and you nose dive thru your relto and end up with camera 10 feet underground.

conephase- when jumping on a cone causes it to fall thru what was considered a solid floor

conebyosis- when your avi is one with the cone as it falls thru the floor. o_0

at one point i was part of the heek worshiping clan of UO(4), had a pic of 5 of us, one on each corner of the heek table bowed to the symbol in the middle.

wonder if any one still has that pic smile.gif
ellen6
Powerlessness<-->when your sun is lost in teledahn and you can't get the power up and running.

I hope you get it soon D'rbeh. It is almost like playing a new game after struggling with the laptop for so long.
Abornath
QUOTE (jesster777 @ Jan 24 2005, 04:18 PM)
an -itis, is an inflammation, so that would be an inflammation of your yeesha.

Thanks jesster - I just spit coke all over my monitor... glare.gif

Inflammation of your Yeesha.... Now THERE'S a mental image I'll not soon forget... lmao.gif roll.gif lmao.gif roll.gif
Marth
an -itis, is an inflammation, so that would be an inflammation of your yeesha.

shock.gif I think I'll be scarred for the rest of my life! roll.gif lmao.gif
ghavin
Teledahnation (tele - darn - ation):

Expletive uttered after your 8th lap of Teledahn stuck in a mushroom smelling bucket!
4dak
Balcone- somone who is good at balancing on a cone

halfav- someone who has fallen through the floor and ony his/her head is left
Rex Havoc
Feetsicles -- Feet dangling from the ceiling from the 'halfav's above!
ellen6
QUOTE (Rex Havoc @ Jan 25 2005, 11:41 AM)
Feetsicles -- Feet dangling from the ceiling from the 'halfav's above!

I thought those were feet-tites.
d'rbeh
Link-in Logs - those avies adorned in maintainer's suits who wait around for slow avies to link-in
Rex Havoc
whistling.gif
Ken Telinome
Now who could that have been whistling.gif ? Rex, were you misbehaving again? Who would do such a thing wink3.gif?

And we weren't logs, we were worshippers worship.gif !
d'rbeh
I calls 'em as I sees 'em, and I seen LOGS... wink3.gif
Nyrphame Danilaise
MOGLOG -- I have used this since live even before I new anyone here. It stands for Multi Organism Graphical LOGjam...the horrble frankensteinian monster, many-limbed and hydra-headed, that is created when multiple players link in to a single point, say the ferry terminal and are stuck in place, immobile, looking out through each other's eyes or staring into the hollowness of someone else's empty head.

nerf.
d'rbeh
roll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gif

LOVE IT, nyrph! smile.gif

thumbsup.gif
Rex Havoc
Great one Nerf, I saw at least a 4 member MOGLOG last night!!! shock.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.