Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Choice Is Already Upon Us
Guild of Greeters > Myst Online: Uru Live > Myst Online: URU Live Game Discussion > In The Cavern > DRC Members
Thanakar
This is just my opinion.

People keep wondering when we will have to choose or even if we will need to choose, but as I see it, the choice is already upon us. Both the DRC and Sharper are actively recruiting, last night was a prime example. First you have Phil and Douglas roaming the hoods getting the followers of Yeesha and others all excited about the restoration of ALL of D'ni and just after they are finished Victor shows up with his Great Zero project looking to recruit those interested in helping the DRC restore PARTS of D'ni. Both encouraged those listening to talk to others about this and Victor even encouraged those listening to talk to the Council about the Great Zero project. Victor made it clear that your choice in clothing will have an affect on whether or not certain members of the Council will view you favorably with this Great Zero project.

Some may wonder why Yeesha's followers seemed so easily swayed last night by Victor but you must remember that in order to find out what someone has to say you have to at least act interested in what they have to say. Victor wouldn't even talk about things until people at least acted like they wanted to help.

So, as I see it, you have the DRC who want your help to restore PARTS of D'ni and will even let you help if you conform to their way of thinking or you have Sharper, who follows Yeesha, and wants to open up ALL of D'ni to everyone who wants to explore it.
Jenny
I agree with you. I also am very cautious and IC'ly haven't chosen a side. I'm interested in finding out the most information that I can. If I have to pretend to be interested to find out info then I guess I will just have to be like a Spy.
Corona
Yeesha is more concerned with Ages, the DRC are (for now) more concerned with the City. Just looking from the little we have access to, looking up & far, this City is huuuuuge. There's enough to explore there for years. There's probably a lot under the City as well.
kpgdenver
Given the complications of recent events, I have to say that I for one couldn't possibly make a choice now. All the "sides" have shown themselves to be capable of what could be called bad behaviour and suspicious motivations. Why should we bring our divisiveness and hate from the surface down where we have a chance to build something beautiful.

What's so funny about peace love and understanding?
memiki
clapping.gif clapping.gif
CAGrayWolf
QUOTE (kpgdenver @ Dec 19 2003, 02:38 PM)
Given the complications of recent events, I have to say that I for one couldn't possibly make a choice now. All the "sides" have shown themselves to be capable of what could be called bad behaviour and suspicious motivations. Why should we bring our divisiveness and hate from the surface down where we have a chance to build something beautiful.

What's so funny about peace love and understanding?

Shorah kpgdenver and welcome to the Guild of Greeters! biggrin.gif

Very well said! clapping.gif Thank you! thumbsup.gif
SleepyProf
Nice said, kpgdenver! upsidedwnsmiley.gif
Corona
Pete Townsend - "Whatever happened to all that lovely hippie s***?" roll.gif
jdrake06
shock.gif I resemble that remark Corona laugh.gif Thank you
MMMM, what were we talking about? beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.