Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bru Rides With Yeesha
Guild of Greeters > Ages of Myst (including all Myst games and related media) > General Discussion - Not Puzzle Help > Myst IV: Revelation > Myst IV: Revelation General Discussion
d'rbeh
so, brubaker has gone for a ride with yeesha...

his first night, and r'eeta and d'erbeh were quite excited.

first things first: i'll have to tweek my graphics options and some other things to get the look i'll love.

turned the music volume down quite a bit, but just so i could barely hear it...

this first evening was spent figuring out left-click, right-click mouse functions and the nuances of the game...

observations:
the graphics are beautiful. the sound is incredible. the interaction with critters is amazing.

what bru found this first outing:

1. he found his way into and around the first area, presumably atrus' workshop.
2. after diddling around with things on desks, in drawers, machines, lights, etc., atrus came out and wanted us to help him perform a task.
Click here to view a spoiler.
it was to say the least a lesson in frustration, but finally bru figured it out...i was beginning to wonder when

4. we found that we could have a nice interaction with

5. yeesha seems to be taking a great amount of time to learn this tune... the ocarina-esque dronings are getting to be a bit much... bru is wondering if he should toss down a banana or something to occupy her time, or at the very least, feed her a bunch of saltines.
6. bru explored all of the trails possible... and found interesting lifts and chairs to sit in...
7. and the little contraption that yeesha warned us against 'tink'ering with? well, we just couldn't NOT tinker with it. we are beginning to formulate a pattern and grid to work out possible combinations of this magical number

this was bru's first evening. he loves the birds who come to land on the railings next to him while he is pondering, and loves to feel the breeze on his neck as he looks around outside the laboratory. he is loving the draggingflies and the geckodes.... he is loving all the plant life and the interaction that he has with so much of the nature...

he was scratching his head a bit tho, with tonights puzzlers... he'll be scratching for a while, methinks...

so far, i'm loving this area... tomahna is it?... it reminds me of some places beh has traveled before... but none had such intriguing and comfortable constructions...

bye2.gif
salaam
Ken Telinome
Yes, Tomahna is by far my favorite age. So homey (as it should be)!
DaDungeon
oooooh, d'rb . . .

Those birds are cool . . .
especially when you are going down into an area they are flying up out of.
Kept trying to snag one . . .
which they did not seem to even notice.

Tried to see how close I could sneak up on the ones parked in the middle of the boardwalks, too . . .
but they be too smart fer the Tinkster.

Take your time with the problems and puzzles in Tomahna, bru and crew.
Some of them may need some mental stewing time . . .
but you'll get 'em!
Corona
Remember that
d'rbeh
thanks everyone! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!

yup, bru indeed made his way down to the

and you are right... r'eeta and i looked at each other when yeesha gave us the indication that she was not allowed to touch it, and we smiled devilishly toward one another...

bru can hardly wait until the next installment... but he may bring earplugs... he can only take so much ocarina music... smile.gif

bye2.gif
salaam
Rex Havoc
Sounds like a really fun time, D'rbeh, sharing these games with little ones!! clapping.gif
Trev
I love reading people's impression of the game as they are playing it! biggrin.gif I really enjoyed DaDungeon's Revelation Journals too!

Trev
Ayli
QUOTE (Trev @ Apr 7 2005, 04:32 PM)
I love reading people's impression of the game as they are playing it! biggrin.gif I really enjoyed DaDungeon's Revelation Journals too!

Trev

Trev, I hope you cought d'rbeh's wondeful journals of exploring Uru, right from the beginning.

Search the forum. These journals were posted in different subforums, for different Ages as Bru was journeyed from one Age to the other through all the Expansion packs too.

linking.gif
kurtg1265
QUOTE (d'rbeh @ Apr 6 2005, 10:29 PM)
so far, i'm loving this area... tomahna is it?... it reminds me of some places beh has traveled before... but none had such intriguing and comfortable constructions...

bye2.gif
salaam

Lets just say you have visited it before. You will find out at a later time just where exactly this is.

And, you actually waited for Yeesha to leave? whistling.gif I headed straight for it. wink3.gif

You have much exploring to do yet, but I have no doubt you and Reeta will succeed in figuring out many of the puzzles. Enjoy your travels and keep us posted on your progress. it is always so interesting to read your adventures (and Tinks too wink3.gif ).
Trev
QUOTE (Ayli @ Apr 7 2005, 09:03 PM)
Trev, I hope you cought d'rbeh's wondeful journals of exploring Uru, right from the beginning.

Search the forum. These journals were posted in different subforums, for different Ages as Bru was journeyed from one Age to the other through all the Expansion packs too.

linking.gif

I'll have to try and find those! Reading those accounts usually explains a lot of the storyline for me. biggrin.gif I haven't finished Uru yet though...still stuck in Kadish.

QUOTE (kurtg1265 @ Apr 8 2005, 01:53 AM)
And, you actually waited for Yeesha to leave?  whistling.gif  I headed straight for it.  wink3.gif

So did I bleh.gif I'm betting you disobeyed her and let the bugs go too biggrin.gif

Trev
Ayli
QUOTE (Trev @ Apr 8 2005, 10:36 AM)
...I'll have to try and find those!  Reading those accounts usually explains a lot of the storyline for me. biggrin.gif I haven't finished Uru yet though...still stuck in Kadish....

Trev

Here is the first installment.
venturing forth into Kadish, amazed at the size of things here...

Could you believe it, d'rbeh and r'eeta started exploring Uru in Kadish, the most difficult of them all and succedded clapping.gif

Since it is in Kadish, you'll get some pointers for your adventures too, and I know d'rbeh was careful not to spoil, so all the hints are hidden if you don't want to read them. smile.gif

Enjoy
Trev
Thanks for the link Ayli! biggrin.gif That gave me some motivation to head back into the shard, and work on Kadish for a bit. I beat the rings puzzle with no help smile.gif, got into the tree? thing, and down to what I hear is the infamous "Moon Room" unsure.gif I probably spent an hour down there trying to figure it out... I've found
So, I'd appreciate a very gently nudge, I still want the pleasure of figuring it out, but I'm getting kinda tired of walking around with no idea what I'm doing. I figure I'm missing one of the clues in the picture in the gallery.

Thanks!
Trev
Ken Telinome
I can tell you that the solution is hard to get to "work". You have to be very exact about which path you take. Especially when you KNOW you have it right. It took me a few tries before the game finally recognized I did it right.
Trev
So all I have to do is follow the lighted path to the door?
DaDungeon
Once you know where to start . . .
and walk in "vectors" . . .
with proper direction changes . . .
and STILL avoid touching an edge . . .
and end up at the center of the end of your path . . .
an event will trigger.
d'rbeh
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seemed like she stumbled on the solution by accident, and it didn't really explain how to do it...

....clears throat.... ahemm... ahhh ... ahem....
:: in best Mr. T voice: ::

WHO YOU CALLIN " SHE ", suckah?

roll.gif

i'm a HE, but my game buddy is a SHE (r'eeta), and our avie is a HE (brubaker, AKA bru...sometimes i call him WALLY, cuz he likes to run into walls and such).

so trev, the famous moon room.

bru attempted this room many a time, after being SURE he had the correct combination of buttons pushed to reveal the oh-so-telling light design on the floor.

we kept remembering all of the advice that people were giving us about Kadish, and the most important clue we were given was that so much of Kadish is about what isn't there, instead of what is.

good luck, and don't give up!

bye2.gif
salaam
Ken Telinome
Yes, Kadish was obsessed with the unseen. It's what ISN'T there that will bring you to the end. And, if it IS there, it most certainly isn't the correct answer.
Trev
oops.gif I'm soooo sorry d'rbeh! blush.gif blush.gif One of the disadvantages of online forums eh? Thanks for the hints! I'll try and get back down there soon and give it another shot! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.