Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Video Games Live
Guild of Greeters > Ages of Myst (including all Myst games and related media) > General Discussion - Not Puzzle Help > MYSTellaneous General Discussion
trickster721
Video Games Live, a live concert of orchestrated video/computer game music which just started touring in the U.S., features a segment of Myst music. Jack Wall, who composed the music for Exile and Revelations, is one of the organizers. The concert also features music from Mario, Zelda, Final Fantasy, and other popular games.

I'm definatly going to this when it comes my way.
Joseph
QUOTE (trickster721 @ Jun 22 2005, 11:29 PM)
Video Games Live, a live concert of orchestrated video/computer game music which just started touring in the U.S., features a segment of Myst music. Jack Wall, who composed the music for Exile and Revelations, is one of the organizers. The concert also features music from Mario, Zelda, Final Fantasy, and other popular games.

I'm definatly going to this when it comes my way.

Any idea how expensive it will be?
Shadowcats
Due to circumstances beyond our control, Video Games Live
will not be playing any of the previously scheduled shows, with the exception of Seattle and Vancouver on October 29 and October 30.
Furthermore, plans are being made for additional shows in specific markets across North America for 2006.

A Special Message from Tommy and Jack

down.gif
Ayli
down.gif Oh, man, I have two tickets for New York show on Nov. 21. I was so looking forward to it down.gif cry.gif
Shadowcats
Oh no down.gif
Ticketmaster
Tickets can be returned to the point of purchase for a refund which includes the full value of the ticket,
plus fees with the exception of the one-time handling charge.
Ayli
down.gif I purchesed the tickets right at the Broadway theater, so will have to shelp back there.

I read both letters and still don't know why the shows were cancelled down.gif cry.gif
Ken Telinome
The shows were cancelled due to abysmal ticket sales. The first show was advertised quite heavily so a huge crowd turned out for that one, but in subsequent shows, attendance was, well, pitiful. I have a friend who follows all this stuff very closely, and he blames a lack of strong advertisement and publicity. But it's good to know that Jack Wall isn't giving up and is going to rework the way things work and try again next year kicking.gif.
Ayli
I went to the VLG forum and read majority of the angry replies. down.gif

How can they cancel NY show!!! cry.gif It is a huge town with a lot of tourists and potential. I bought tickets 3 weeks ago and around 100 seats (I think) were sold out by that time, I didn't get the best seats.

Well, what's done is done. I'm just quite upset cry.gif
Rex Havoc
Ayli -> console.gif <- Rex
Shadowcats
"Broadway theater"
Ok call me a hick and a foreigner but I have always heard of NY places like Broadway,Trump building
Empire state building Etc on TV or movies and one day I may get to visit all these
landmarks. smile.gif
One Day.................. smile.gif
Ayli
QUOTE (Shadowcats @ Oct 28 2005, 11:44 PM)
...One Day..................  smile.gif

wub.gif One day... hug.gif
Rex Havoc
Or, stop at Havoc Resort, it isn't as far!! lmao.gif
L'lee
And you could also make a driving/flying run through Texas while you're at it! lmao.gif
William H. Maier
From Texas it is a hop, skip and a jump to the Blue Ridge MTS of North Carolina thumbsup.gif Door is always open smile.gif
L'lee
QUOTE (William H. Maier @ Oct 29 2005, 06:07 PM)
From Texas it is a hop, skip and a jump to the Blue Ridge MTS of North Carolina thumbsup.gif Door is always open smile.gif

Hmm, methinks he would go through there on the way to Rex's MO lake area, then to Texas... then on the way to California and Washington state, of course, to visit good friends wink3.gif

Sounds like *we* have his itinerary all planned out for him! lmao.gif
Shadowcats
frumpy.gif
Gotta visit Disneyland as well. whistling.gif
Robyn
Darn! Yes, I can see how starting up a show like this might be chancy, but there are some venues where it would make a very good Summer evening show. I WOULD NOT try this in the bigger in-door locations first, and Broadway would seem to be a particularly poor match until it has an established track record.

I'd say that they need to shoot for the "college towns" first, to hit the right demographics. Locally we have both Meadowbrook Music Theater, at Oakland University, and Pine Knob (Aka, DTE Energy Music Theater. yucky.gif ), two of the top music venues in the country, and where a show like this would play well. Another location that comes to mind is the outdoor theater at Disney-MGM Studios in Florida, where they run the "Fantasmic" show for 25 minutes in the evening, sometimes two shows. I could just imagine "Fantasmic" leading right into "Video Games Live" as a double feature. whistling.gif
QUOTE (Shadowcats @ Oct 30 2005, 12:31 AM)
frumpy.gif
Gotta visit Disneyland as well.  whistling.gif
I'm afraid that after visiting Disney WORLD, DisneyLAND was something of an anti-climax. Everyone who gets the chance ought to visit Disneyland at least once, and they've done a great job even within their limited space, but you should see what they were able to do once they had the room! clapping.gif
Shadowcats
shock.gif there is 2 Disney's hmmm shows you how much I know thanks Robyn.
Ok update................
Gotta visit Disneyland AND Disneyworld as well. biggrin.gif
Grand Canyon
Mississippi River
Yellowstone park
NASA
Devils mountain.
Plus a lot more
And major city's. smile.gif
And Rex and TnT and Ayli and Granny and D'anak and everyone. clapping.gif
hmmmmm one day..................
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.