Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Returnee
Guild of Greeters > Ages of Myst (including all Myst games and related media) > Puzzle/Gameplay Help > URU: Ages Beyond Myst > UrU: Ages Beyond Myst - Prime Ages > Kadish Tolesa
Capella
shy.gif Sorry. I'm a returnee replaying after a long time away from URU. (I love URU!) I almost finished URU before and was last in the room with the huge elevating stone pedistles, below the Puzzle room with the Blue and tan floor emblems.

I need to refamiliarize my self to the ages. What they look like, Teledahn, Gahreesen, Eder Kimo, etc...

Right now I'm in the Waterfalls and pools trying to recall where I got the Crates which would allow me to cross the water at the narrow places so as not to extinguish the little lights I picked up in the garden. So this is the hint I need for now.

Thanks people! I'm glad to be back. bye2.gif You folks were invaluable! Capella.

Oops! shock.gif I also need help on how to get back to where this post is.
devonette
Click here to view a spoiler.
L'lee
Welcome back, Capella!

The age you are in now with the waterfalls and steam vents is Eder Gira. Just as a "refresher", Eder Kemo is the garden age with the puffers and lightning bugs, Kadish Tolesa is the forest/pyramid age, Teledahn is the mushroom age, and Gahreesen is the Maintainer's age.

One way to get back to where your posts are is to use the "Members" feature toward the right side of the top of the forum. Then, search for your forum name. Click on your username to pull up your profile. When you have your profile pulled up, there is an option to "Find Member's Posts" or "Find Member's Topics" and either should show you the post you made...
Shadowcats
Welcome back Not sure when you were last on but we also now have Untěl Uru which is a form of online Uru Live or Prologue.
So here is a link if you are interested in coming on line into UU and play alongside friends and have a great time. clapping.gif
Links To Get You Started
Capella
:Thanks Devonette, L'Lee and Shadowcats! Man! Nothing's changed with the super people here and that's great!
You folks are still the greatest! With people like you on Guild of Greeters This is an exerience to be treasured!

Hey! I finished Eder Kemo (The Garden)! With your help and the help of past tips, this time I was even able to jump up on the almost impossible ledge with the green note amongst the puffers!

clapping.gif

I'm 76 and my hearing is not so good, I wish I could hear Yeesha's message in the great Age Eder Kemo completion cave. But Who cares - I got there!

I still got one finger to go in Eder Gera. Touched all the clothes except one. Got all the ones in the dark rooms. Got the one where you have to get blown up to it by the vent. Got the one where you have to step off the ledge above the lava river. Need a hint on the last one. (Suspect it may be on the dark side of the vertical lift door into the mid tunnel dark room. y'think?)

ShadowCats, I apologize for whatever happened concerning the "messaging" error. I sent this same message in another "Link" area.

Also, got the messages on the "Until Uru." Lemme think about it for a while.

Meanwhile - it's up and at em! Thanks All Capella. biggrin.gif
Shadowcats
No need to apologize at all smile.gif
One thing I don't understand Eder Kemo and Eder Gira are linked ages with the 7 Cloths split between those 2 ages
so if you have got to the Bahro cave in Kemo and missed the speech
that means you have all Journey cloths 3 from Gira and 4 from Kemo.
But you say that you have still 1 to find in Gira if that was the case you would not be able to have gone through the Kemo Bahro door.
Hope that made sense. smile.gif
Here is a link of all the Bahro Cave - Yeesha Speeches for you to read if you missed her speeches.
Good luck on your Journey. clapping.gif
devonette
QUOTE (Capella @ Jun 26 2005, 02:35 AM)
Hey!  I finished Eder Kemo (The Garden)!  With your help and the help of past tips, this time I was even able to jump up on the almost impossible ledge with the green note amongst the puffers!

I still got one finger to go in Eder Gera.  Touched all the clothes except one. Got all the ones in the dark rooms. Got the one where you have to get blown up to it by the vent. Got the one where you have to step off the ledge above the lava river.  Need a hint on the last one. (Suspect it may be on the dark side of the vertical lift door into the mid tunnel dark room. y'think?)
As Shadowcats said, if you got through the door in Eder Kemo to the Bahro Cave, you've found all the journey cloths, but if you want to verify where they are, look at these maps found here:

Eder Gira map

Eder Kemo map
William H. Maier
I agree with devonette and Shadowcats that you most likely have found all of the cloths. I want to thank Shadowcats for the Bahro Cave - Yeesha Speeches link, being I also have a hearing problem shock.gif It was nice to read what I did not hear. I get tired of asking my poor wife, "What did she say." down.gif The maps were cool also thumbsup.gif
Capella
William! Wow! Glad to hear from a fellow URU person who has a problem hearing Yeesha( or Atrus and his daughter, for that matter, in Revelation)!

My hearing drops 60db down at 1500 cycles and disappears after that. So any speech sibilence(the high frequency breath sounds) just ain't there for me. Hearing aids can't fill in for nerve loss.
So, Guard your ears from loud, High frequency sounds people! once those little hair-like cilia mechanically wear off on the high-frequency end of your Auditory Nerve, kiss your speech-hearing goodbye. (quietly steps off the soap box)

I will rush to the place where ShadowCats printed the speeches out. clapping.gif

Shadowcats. I will look into your UU right after this.

Thanks folks. I dig what you've all said about the 7 clothes. I hadn't understood the Linkup between the ages. Well! Onward! Capella
Capella
The Kadish Tolesa pyramid Hexagon grid puzzle. Doggone It! I did this once before and didn't write down How I did it.

This is all I remember:

I found the cloth. Inside,There's a pathway starting from the right hand side of the Podium of five tree symbols composed of single trunk trees of three kinds, One with five connections above to the surrounding circle, one simple tree, and one simple tree with a dot on each side. I only remember having to perform one jump across a wrong symbol to cross the grid and open the sunken pathway.

I know you have to reset to the blue grid each time you goof up.

But, I'm gonna have to have a hint from here, There's something I'm missing.

I can't remember if the gold overhead crooked line is a hint or not.

Thanks folks. (I've been wrestling with my XP, had to do a tough non-destructive recovery. Fortunately survived it relatively unscathed.)
Shadowcats
Well you don't jump over any piece if you are jumping 1 you are missing one you need to walk on and are not completing the link.
You are corect starting on the right.
There is not much of a hint I could tell you without giveing you the walkway
so keep trying to walk all the way without jumping anything
if you give up come back and post.
Remember to link/look in the Kadish Gallery for the drawings/pics to the puzzles that will help.
Capella
Okaaaay! Thanks Shadowcats! I/we did it! clapping.gif

Since its been a long time my memory was cloudy on the Blue grid floor.

I was surprised that it took ten steps and many different tree images to get to the final stone. I had my mind locked on just a few types of trees. Believe it or not I had solved this long ago. ????

Anyway, I'm now down where the big stone pedestles are and am looking for the last finger. This is where I hung up long ago and never did solve this puzzle.

I'm looking for the last cloth. I have run pedestles up and down interminably, I've opened the big stone door at the bottom of the stairs. poked everything pokable, looked at everything seeable. But no cigar!

Was there a previous clue somewhere in KT that would have made this easier?

Boy! I'm stumped! So hint time for last cloth has arrived. I don't even know what kind of hint will help me so how about if I ask general questions..

Does the answer have anything to do with anything listed below?
1 Something to do with the stone pedestles, levers and blue button?
2 Something to do with the long stairway or the portal and switch at the bottom of the stairs?
3 Something to do with the initial entryway and/or door from the elevator?
4 Something to do with the weights?
5 Something to jump to?
6 Something to do with the hole way up in the ceiling?
7 Something I should have or have not done when entering this area?
8 Something that will change the vertical direction of the Pedestles?
9 None of the above? confused1.gif

Thanks, Capella
Shadowcats
The quick answer is you have the get the pillars (Pedestles) in the correct order using the leavers to
climb the ladders that are on them all the way to the top
then continue in the age to the vault puzzle.
That Pic is also in the gallery of what the pillars configerations should look like in
order to climb all the way up.
Hope this helps and not to much of a hint. unsure.gif
The blue button when pressed only resets the pillars back to ground level if you make a mistake.
L'lee
Ummm, I guess the answer to your "anything to do with..." question is:

Yes to #s 1, 6 and (sort of) 8...

There are two solutions to this puzzle: One may be found by trial and error (which you did); the other follows the logic of this age and must be solved/deduced using the proper clue in the gallery... the one that looks like:
Capella
Thanks ShadowCats and L'lee. You folks are great!

Shadowcats, I didn't explain very well. I have gotten up via the ladders on the pillars to the top entrance and touched the next to last cloth. And back down the stairs to open the arch door back to the main room.
Don't give up on me about the UU thing. I think if I get done with this age I'll do the UU thing next.

Tell me about the "gallery" I've looked at that briefly, but the gallery I looked at didn't have much to do with the Ages. Seemed to be mostly personal stuff contributed by members.

There used to be categories for each of the ages and you could look through each of those and read the messages(not the spoilers) and get an idea of the logic behind each of the puzzles. I couldn't find that this time.

L'lee Thanks for the numbers clues 1,6, & 'sorta 8' Hey! You re-invigorated me! I'll mess around here a bit more before peeking at the Hint you supplied.

I'm gonna pull some more levers and see if I can get to the "6" area and finally to the "Vault puzzle" Shadowcats speaks of.

Thanks troups! I really appreciate you and its great talking to you! biggrin.gif
kurtg1265
Hello Capella and welcome back. I think more what they are trying to say is that the pillars are 2 seperate puzzles. It sounds as though you have figured out 1 of them already, now you need to figure out the other. In other words, there are 2 seperate paths you can take with them.
Shadowcats
Hiya yes you did explain ok and we knew that you got the JC ( journey Cloth) and as Kurtg said there are 2 parts/paths to this puzzle
1st is getting the JC to the side and the other is climbing all the way to the center of the ceiling somehow?
Which means you need to set the pillars in 2 configurations both of the hints are in drawings/paintings in the Kadish gallery.

Tell me about the "gallery" I've looked at that briefly, but the gallery I looked at didn't have much to do with the Ages.
Seemed to be mostly personal stuff contributed by members.

The "Gallery" is actually in game and at the start of the Kadish age it is found on or near the 1st clock mechanism you would have set to go on in the age.
Look around there somewhere and you will find a link book that will take you to the gallery (you may have already been here unsure.gif )
That is the Gallery we are talking about sorry if we confuzzled you here. blush.gif
to get back to the Kadish age the easy way is just use the link book in the center of the Gallery.
Also don't worry we would never give up on you that is why we are here to help
we just don't want to tell you too much in hints that it may spoil the game for you.
As always if you have any more Questions just post. smile.gif
Have fun.
L'lee
Yes, as Cats said, sorry if we "confuzzled" confused1.gif you talking about the Gallery... The one here on the website is, as you said, members' artwork, photos, screenshots, etc. The one we were referring to is in-game (and has very pretty music playing in it!!)

If you have been to the in-game Gallery before, there should also be a link back to it in "one of" shhh.gif your books on your shelf in Relto. (You might have to turn pages in the linking book looking for it.)

One resource I have found invaluable when dealing with Kadish Tolesa during the many times I have had to solve it in UU (for new avvies, vault wipes, helping others, etc.) is found here NOTE: It DOES give a spoiler for the light/dark floorpath puzzle in the "moon room", which you are past, but no other spolers really. For the remainder of the puzzles, it merely shows you the picture of and location in the gallery for each puzzle clue... (Basically, it saved me from having to draw all of the clues by hand myself...)
Shadowcats
"confuzzled" is a word I try and spread around. whistling.gif
Like a widget is confusticated the same as a gadget. smile.gif

Cats wanders off for more catnip cool.gif
D'anak
QUOTE (Shadowcats @ Jul 7 2005, 10:08 AM)
"confuzzled" is a word I try and spread around.  whistling.gif
Like a widget is confusticated the same as a gadget. smile.gif

Cats wanders off for more catnip cool.gif

AHHHhhhhhh.... I understand now!?!?!?!

roll.gif roll.gif roll.gif
Capella
Ok I give up. headbang.gif

Shadowcats, Now I know what you meant about the gallery.

Ok L'lil I'll go look.

My idea was Going back and trying something that I hadn't before.
That is clicking on the fourth lever and running and trying to jump un top of the rising pillar. Didn't work. So now I will take your hint and go back and look in the gallery.

It finally dawned on me, that is, the reference to the "gallery". I had forgotten what the gallery was. I used it long ago to solve the telescope alignments puzzles amongst the trees and the floor lighting puzzle, but not as clearly on the Blue grid puzzle.

This leads me back to the question of: Was the blue grid clue the ones behind the book on the end wall with the rotating symbols? Some of which were trees? That wasn't as clear as the previous gallery clues. I'm a whiz on hindsight blink.gif

Anyway, Thanks troups! Up and away to yon gallery! whistling.gif
Capella
Uh--- I'm lookin for "yon gallery"! It appears to be more hither than yon.
Capella. blush.gif
Tyr-anun
Capella, the clues in the gallery are the stained glass windows on each side of the room. To get to the gallery, there is a linking book near one of the telescope puzzles that will take you directly there. Since you have touched all the journey cloths save the last, the way back to the telescopes is closed. How else might you reach them?

Anyway, once you get there, there is a pattern to the puzzles and clues in Kadish Tolesa:

Good luck!
L'lee
QUOTE (Capella @ Jul 7 2005, 11:36 PM)
This leads me back to the question of:  Was the blue grid clue the ones behind the book on the end wall with the rotating symbols? Some of which were trees?  That wasn't as clear as the previous gallery clues.  I'm a whiz on hindsight blink.gif

Ummmm, nope... unsure.gif That's for a, ummmm, different puzzle. shhh.gif

The "blue grid" clue was the one that is to the right on the wall at the bottom of the stairs, if you are looking at the staircase from the lower floor.
Capella
Well I went back to Teledahn and finished that, I think. I did the 'Barho room and then reentered Teledahn and down through the big drain and pipe into the prison cell with all the pressure plates, from thence to the room, the gun, shot all the stuff that needed to be shot. to the upper room and down again, touched the stone and am now in the big rotating prison. Found and climbed the ladder and went to the top level did all the necessary stuff there, except now I can't get out of the darn double ladder room with the big automatic door, blue circle and thing that is supposed to take your hand print. Stuck again! lmao.gif

Except for the Kadish-Tolesa Pillar room, All the age cloths are now five fingers.

I know there's still stuff to do when I get out of here.

Got your hint about the telescopes. How about the one by the sun power machine? Or the one in the room with the safe? Lessee- I can still get to those. But I can't think of any linking books in Teledahn that take you back to the Gallery.

I may have to start all over again(uninstall/reinstall) and do some things differently. That's Ok I like URU. Or I can go Back to Myst IV. (Stuck with the Camodile!) and bug you guys about that. whistling.gif

Anyway, I'm stuck in the double ladder room in the big rotating prison right now.

Thanks for your help. Capella
Capella
Concerning the pillars: Forget the other stuff I wrote.

Okay, L'Lee and Tyr Anun. Thanks. And thanks for the "Here" L'Lee. The Gallery away from the Gallery thing, was very informative without being a spoiler. Thanks. This was a great work on your part! shock.gif

So, What I need to know is, which way the big gallery numeric circle rotates? CW Or CCW?

Then I need to make another assumption: That there is no repeat in a sequence of any incividual pillar. In other words twice in any one sequence series. ( I don't see that in the Gallery wheel.)

Next assumption is the image shown of the four pillars and their colors from left to right don't shift. I know the sequences will change, but I hope the the pillar color coding remains static.

If there are three sequences, as it appears, This makes it one heck of a combination! Permutations tougher than any safe Ive ever run into! I'm hoping only any one sequence will do the job.

I love this stuff! Thanks, Capella biggrin.gif
Tyr-anun
QUOTE (Capella @ Jul 13 2005, 01:53 AM)
Concerning the pillars: Forget the other stuff I wrote.

Okay, L'Lee and Tyr Anun. Thanks. And thanks for the "Here" L'Lee.  The Gallery away from the Gallery thing, was very informative without being a spoiler.  Thanks. This was a great work on your part! shock.gif

So, What I need to know is, which way the big gallery numeric circle rotates? CW Or CCW?

Then I need to make another assumption: That there is no repeat in a sequence of any incividual pillar. In other words twice in any one sequence series. ( I don't see that in the Gallery wheel.)

Next assumption is the image shown of the four pillars and their colors from left to right don't shift. I know the sequences will change, but I hope the the pillar color coding remains static.

If there are three sequences, as it appears, This makes it one heck of a combination!  Permutations tougher than any safe Ive ever run into! I'm hoping only any one sequence will do the job.

I love this stuff!  Thanks, Capella biggrin.gif

Capella,

Some more tiny hints:

Then a hint that may do the trick . . .

Capella
Okaaaay! Thanks Shadowcats, L'Lee, Kurtq1265 and Tyr-Anun.

Tyr-Anun, thanks for the first of your last two hints. You answered all my questions. I didn't peek at the second hint, because I want to enjoy muddling through the Pillars myself. But I appreciate your help. I appreciate the help of all of you, you've been great! clapping.gif

Now. My URU was beginning to act corrupted, doing funny things. lmao.gif

Soooo! I did it! I totally uninstalled URU and Reinstalled same. To start out brand new.

Then I also downloaded the Expansion,"To D'ni. "AiGura ?"

During this process I learned some important things: shock.gif

1 Just doing a reinstall without changing your character, brings you right back to where you were in the game! Complete with the same character! These programs didn't uninstall! (This is what bugs me about Microsoft PCs and XP. - you don't get clean and complete uninstalls. there always a lot of stuff left in obscure corners) Grumble grumble!
Or maybe this was part of the multiple character functions that existed in the sadly extinct "hoods"

2. You must change to a different character to start a clean new game. This at least completely cured the above problem.

3 After the download of To D'ni I temporarily had the "Camera"(As in Myst IV) appear down in the lower right corner with the Realto book. Great!, but it disappeared after I guit and ran the standard URU game.
Bummer! I've had to use "QuickScreen Capture" to get pictures of the various scenes in URU. QSC hasn't been the most friendly companion to URU.

Tell me about this last, Is the camera unique only with To D'ni? It would really be nice to have this camera there in URU. I could kiss QSC goodbye.

Forgive me for these long dialogues, But as I said before URU is a fun challenging game. Without all the blood and guts battles. Not only that, there's another guy at Church Who wants to play URU and Myst And I get to Hint & Chat at him, plus introduce him to you guys at GOG.

You guys ain't rid of me yet!! thumbsup.gif

Shurah! Capella! (did I get that right?) unsure.gif

Ca
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.