Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red Pen
Guild of Greeters > Ages of Myst (including all Myst games and related media) > Puzzle/Gameplay Help > URU: Ages Beyond Myst > UrU: Ages Beyond Myst - Prime Ages > Relto (Personal Age)
mben2005
I believe in the PotS guide that was written by Coelho Buda that there is a red pen that I can pick up in Relto as I start the PotS expansion Pack. If this is true, then where is it? I am unable to find it, and I am playing Uru - Complete Chronicles. I hope that someone can help me find that red pen that I can use to write in my journal with. Thaniks in advance for any help you guys/girls can give me!
Ken Telinome
I am unfamiliar with this red pen. I don't remember getting it at all yet I could still write in my journal. rabbit.gif wrote the guide though, maybe he'll know.
Shadowcats
Click here to view a spoiler.

As far as I know you get the pen to write with as soon as you click IE pick up the book.
There is no actual pen you pick up from the ground or Yeesha page giving you the pen.
Hope this helps in some confusion and welcome to the GoG.
mben2005
Alright, so, are you guys saying that there is no red pen that I can pick up to use to write in my journal? Or do I already have it and I just don't know of how to "activate" the pen to be able to use it in my journal? Or is BLACK the only color I can write in in my journal?
Ken Telinome
There is no separate red pen to pick up, you don't need to activate it either. Just pick up the journal and write to your heart's content. And yes, black is the only color you can write in to my knowledge.
mben2005
QUOTE (Ken Telinome @ Jul 16 2005, 08:44 PM)
There is no separate red pen to pick up, you don't need to activate it either.  Just pick up the journal and write to your heart's content.  And yes, black is the only color you can write in to my knowledge.

Ah, ok! Thanks for your help, Telinome and Shadowcats!
Ken Telinome
No problem mben2005! And Welcome to the Guild of Greeters!
mben2005
QUOTE (Ken Telinome @ Jul 16 2005, 10:51 PM)
No problem mben2005!  And Welcome to the Guild of Greeters!

Thanks for the warm welcome. And, if by chance, I have problems with playing Uru:PotS and Myst V: EoA, I will come here for help. biggrin.gif
Ayli
Welcome Mben,

You don't have to wait for the problem to come here, you can join and enjoy our many discussions on this forum and chime in whenever you feel like smile.gif

Good luck on journeying through Uru smile.gif
Ken Telinome
QUOTE (mben2005 @ Jul 17 2005, 12:16 AM)
Thanks for the warm welcome. And, if by chance, I have problems with playing Uru:PotS and Myst V: EoA, I will come here for help.  biggrin.gif

Oh nonsense, the real problems don't start until you have to wade your way through a Teledahn that wants to eat you because it's game code is still beta biggrin.gif. That's the world of Untěl Uru (see Ayli? I'm remembering the "ě" more often!). Seriuosly though, ANY questions you might have, we'll find someone who knows the answer.
mben2005
QUOTE (Ken Telinome @ Jul 17 2005, 10:34 AM)
QUOTE (mben2005 @ Jul 17 2005, 12:16 AM)
Thanks for the warm welcome. And, if by chance, I have problems with playing Uru:PotS and Myst V: EoA, I will come here for help.  biggrin.gif

Oh nonsense, the real problems don't start until you have to wade your way through a Teledahn that wants to eat you because it's game code is still beta biggrin.gif. That's the world of Untěl Uru (see Ayli? I'm remembering the "ě" more often!). Seriuosly though, ANY questions you might have, we'll find someone who knows the answer.

I hope you guys don't mind me asking this here instead of making a new topic, but what is Until Uru? And where can I get it? If it's a download, then I can't because I only have a 56k dial-up modem. wink3.gif bleh.gif biggrin.gif
Shadowcats
Until Uru is now the online part of URU Live which no longer works but if you read the second link it will explain in more detail.
Links To Get You Started
Untěl Uru
Cats

Edit
We also have many Dialup players with few problems playing together.
The Greeters have there own shard and if you do decide to come to UU
We would love to meet you and play ages together. clapping.gif
If you own CC then the only thing you need is the Client Patch which is 55mb if you own URU OR 41mb for CC I think and
purchase a Kagi Key for $5.95 one time fee only to play on any shard for as long as you want.
If there is a problem with downloading the 55 OR 41mb patch try a download accelerator
or if you prefer PM me and we could possably work something out with the patch about getting it to you but not the Kagi Key
You will have to purchase that yourself.
Cats
coelho_buda
Wow, now THAT'S how words can get confusing...
There is now pen, black, red or otherwise. What I meant when I wrote this
Click here to view a spoiler.
is that, on the cover of the book, there is a drawing of a stylized pen. A drawing, not a real pen. The book cover is red (or maroon, or brown depending on your color perception).

Sorry, never thought a simple sentence could cause so much confusion! laugh.gif

rabbit.gif
Ken Telinome
Don't worry about having dial-up. It doesn't prevent you from hopping into the D'ni universe with others. If you're interested but can't quite figure out how to get things setup, we'll be more than happy to guide you through it smile.gif.
mben2005
QUOTE (coelho_buda @ Jul 17 2005, 2:58 PM)
Wow, now THAT'S how words can get confusing...
There is now pen, black, red or otherwise. What I meant when I wrote this Click here to view a spoiler.
A spoiler is shown below. Click here to close it again.
"On the left there’s a red book with a stylized pen which can be picked up and becomes a journal where you can write notes"
end of spoiler
is that, on the cover of the book, there is a drawing of a stylized pen. A drawing, not a real pen. The book cover is red (or maroon, or brown depending on your color perception).

Sorry, never thought a simple sentence could cause so much confusion!

Thanks Coelho Buda! I was just confused that's all, and i am sorry for the mess I've made!

QUOTE (Shadowcats @ Jul 17 2005, 11:14 AM)
Until Uru is now the online part of URU Live which no longer works but if you read the second link it will explain in more detail.
Links To Get You Started
Untěl Uru
Cats

Edit
We also have many Dialup players with few problems playing together.
The Greeters have there own shard and if you do decide to come to UU
We would love to meet you and play ages together.  clapping.gif
If you own CC then the only thing you need is the Client Patch which is 55mb if you own URU OR 41mb for CC I think and
purchase a Kagi Key for $5.95 one time fee only to play on any shard for as long as you want.
If there is a problem with downloading the 55 OR 41mb patch try a download accelerator
or if you prefer PM me and we could possably work something out with the patch about getting it to you but not the Kagi Key
You will have to purchase that yourself.
Cats

Well, ShadowCats, thanks for the help through this post and through your PM that you sent to me. I am now at 11% and I hope to be in Until Uru by this afternoon if I can figure out what I need to do next. By the way, what am I supposed to do next?

QUOTE (Ken Telinome @ Jul 17 2005, 3:41 PM)
Don't worry about having dial-up. It doesn't prevent you from hopping into the D'ni universe with others. If you're interested but can't quite figure out how to get things setup, we'll be more than happy to guide you through it smile.gif.

Well, thanks to Shadowcats, I am curently downloading the patch so that I can at least get started in Until Uru. I will post more if I need to when I have a problem. Thanks!
Shadowcats
Well as you are now downloading the patch clapping.gif thats the start
What you need to do or if you have already done is buy a Kagi key
Kagi How to
Wait for your Authentication Key to arrive via E-Mail
then Register with your Authentication Key
Install the Client Update remembering that the Patch will render your offline game unplayable
If you wish to keep your single player progress, please backup your 'sav' folder inside the Uru Ages Beyond Myst directory before you install Untěl Uru.
But you can have multiple installs of the game like 1 for offline play and 1 for UU and one for a Pots shard ( Path of the shell) shard.
Good Instructions for this How To Install Uu
Read through that thread and you will get an idea of any questions or problems you may have
If you still have problems just post back here. smile.gif
Cats
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.