Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Threads Of D'ni
Guild of Greeters > General Off Topic & Community Discussion > Artisans of D'ni
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
ghaelen
Well, our first quilting/sewing/needlework meeting went well, even for a small group. Budgie talked about her fantastic quilts, and we walked (and spawned) around the hood looking for design ideas in the architecture. With some creative thinking from GoldenWedge, we decided on a name: Threads of D'ni.

So, with that in mind, a new forum "thread" rolleyes.gif seemed to be in order. thumbsup.gif

The next Thread Gathering will be on Wednesday. Budgie and I will be there from 11am until ~noon? (I have a RL meeting), down.gif and Budgie will will be back to meet people who are coming at 1pm. Regular Wednesday gatherings will probably be at 1pm.

So, pull out that long lost sewing box/basket/tin and revive that years-old project! Or, just come to see what in the D'ni World we are doing in the hood! roll.gif biggrin.gif

--Refreshments will be served-- clapping.gif clapping.gif gossip.gif
ghaelen
Hello everyone!

Just a reminder that the Threads of D'ni will meet today in the GOG hood at 1pm CT. We may migrate to an age to view architectural patterns for projects, so if we're not in the hood, we'll be watching for you!

As usual, refreshments will be served.

gossip.gif

linking.gif <follows Budgie's lead and weaves threads of light through the D'ni space/time fabric> memiki.gif flowers.gif
ural
theres a lot of ideas in uru and also in myst5.... would love to be at the meeting ,cant do that at work!!!! My work would get inthe way even its allowed.....
budgiemom
bye2.gif Hi, Everyone...The Threads of D'ni sewing club, circle...um...whatever....met for over two hours yesterday. I did some applique on a small quilt depicting Direbo and Ghaelen worked on her cross-stitching. Today I finished a small 6 inch quilt for a special friend here at GoG. It depicts elements of both Kadish (the pink sky) and Kemo (water).

Click here to view a spoiler.

We'll be meeting again next Wednesday at 1pm, cst....usually at the Hood. Bring some sewing to do and fire up the teamspeak! Hope to see more of our sewing buddies there! thumbsup.gif
L'lee
Hmmm, does crochetting count as "thread"?
budgiemom
clapping.gif You betcha, L'lee !!!!
Lia Nailo
That is really nice, I must say
ghaelen
Wow, Budgie, that is BEAUTIFUL!

As far as what qualifies you to come to a meeting--first, your presence is actually enough! clapping.gif roll.gif

But, if you want to work on something and/or talk about it, anything is welcome that might, sort of, remotely, very nearly or even somewhat nearly involve needle and thread, or just thread, or (well, maybe not just needles.....), or images that could be rendered by needle and thread, or ideas about images that could be rendered by thread, yarn or anything thread-like.... you get the picture. photo.gif biggrin.gif

So come and have fun! thumbsup.gif roll.gif
budgiemom
biggrin.gif Threads of D'ni Meeting time has been changed from 1pm to 3pm on Wednesdays in the GoG hood.....we kept getting bumped by the shard backup at 2pm.. laugh.gif Cya Wednesday!!!!
budgiemom
thumbsup.gif Don't forget.....Wednesday, 3pm, sewing in the hood or wherever!! I got my earphones set up so I can be at the sewing machine and listen/talk on teamspeak at the same time!!!! bleh.gif WhoooHoooo!!! Cya bye2.gif
ghaelen
Yay, Budgie! And my lappy is also finally set up again, so I can also stitch and speak at the same time. See you all there!

g blabbing.gif thumbsup.gif
ghaelen
Just a reminder that the Threads of D'ni will meet today at 3pm CT in the GOG hood on GOG. The topic is the season, and if you haven't seen Budgie's holiday quilt, you can see it here. It is beautiful as always.

Refreshments will, of course, be served. Egg nog, mulled wine, cookies and candies. Glick.gif Come, whether you stitch or not! We'll be on GOG teamspeak as well.

See you then! bye2.gif yay.gif
budgiemom
bye2.gif Ghaelen has created the Threads of D'ni Hood for all of us who love the fabric arts. Meeting this Wednesday, 3pm cst Bring your sewing and if you can, teamspeak...believe me it's hard to type with that thimble on your finger! I'm going to be working on some Path of the Shell Light mini-quilts. I just finished two Myst quilts: This first one is of the palace window just off the plaza area. I included a little awning but added some decorative curlicues. And, yes, it is right-side up!!

I finished a blue Ferry light and added some "moss" or "mildew" or whatever...since it is next to water!!

Looking forward to your company, come even if your just want to sit and talk!!!
budgiemom
Thread's of D'ni---sewing with your uru friends---in the T of D hood, 3pm cst, Wednesday thumbsup.gif

I finished the Hand Light: I think it got caught in a D'ni earthquake, cuz no matter what I did, it came out crooked. Oh well. I am going to be making some flowers and leaves and working on new designs. Ghaelen and I have taken pics of just about all the neat architecturual or molding designs in the hood.

Hand Light: the quilt is straight, but the light is wonkie!!! roll.gif
Ayli
I like it a lot Budgie smile.gif I was looking for the tiny firefly buzzing over the light shock.gif
budgiemom
I got here too late to edit the other post, so, just for you Ayli, here is your handlight with 3 baby bugs and one mama bug!

roll.gif
Ayli
Oh, budgie wub.gif hug.gif
ellen6
It is beautiful. clapping.gif
ghaelen
Hi Budgie, bye2.gif

Finally made it back. The quilts are beautiful. clapping.gif

See you Wednesday at 3pm CST in in the Threads of D'ni Hood. Looking forward to seeing others as well!

thumbsup.gif
budgiemom
biggrin.gif This is my latest project. There comes a point where you just throw up your hands and say "enough" even tho you thought you had more planned. This is a study of fanciful/fantasy fungus. laugh.gif I plan to do more...but much smaller ones. This one is about 10 x 12 inches. I wanted round but i got another shape. Doesn't matter. I put flowers, leaves, vines, watery beads, mossy stuff, little buggy things, bug eggs, a spider, two webs and little growths of stuff. I was trying out all kinds of things. This quilt can be hung on the wall or laid on a table and viewed from all sides. I think I will set it on a raised object and just keep it on the table. The color in the pics is a bit dark.

This is a view of the whole thing, except the edges and the beady water isn't "flowing" off the fungus cuz it's in the scanner.

These next two are close-ups of two sides of fungus.

This is how I have been spending my time lately in front of the monitor. My keyboard is getting glittery with beads falling in among the keys and bits of thread sticking out here and there whistling.gif blush.gif I hope you like it.
Robyn
Oooo! Great, Budgie! And the spider and bug eggs are a really cute touch. thumbsup.gif I half expect to catch a glimpse of a salamander peeking out from behind leaf... It just has that kind of "feel" to it. wink3.gif
BobC
Your work is really beautiful, Budgie! Thanks for posting the pictures. biggrin.gif
William H. Maier
Beautiful, Beautiful, another masterpiece thumbsup.gif clapping.gif
Ayli
Very nice Budgie clapping.gif

I wish you would have a digital camera so you could capture your quilts in it's natural state and not flattened out under the cover of the scanner. But... at least we are seeing what you can show us. As always it's a pleasure of seeing your talent and imagination at work. worship.gif
ellen6
beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing your creations with us.
kurtg1265
I agree, very nice work as usual. clapping.gif thumbsup.gif
budgiemom
biggrin.gif hello everyone! As soon as we get a new hood (Threads of D'ni) made on the D'mala shard we will be resuming our weekly sewing sessions. We may also do some Meeting Time rearranging too.

I also got recruited by the local quilt guild into teaching how to make my little tree mushroom thingys. I have been busy sewing and writing up the lesson directions, making samples, and supply list.

Below are pictures of two small mushrooms. They are roughly 8" x 8".

I changed the mushroom material in this one.

Hope you like them! smile.gif
Ayli
I love mushrooms smile.gif Are they edible? laugh.gif Very beautiful, Budgie hug.gif
William H. Maier
Wonderful, I love the colors thumbsup.gif clapping.gif
kurtg1265
Very nice as usual Budgie. thumbsup.gif
TjennerG
AWESOME!
budgiemom
smile.gif OK, Threads of D'ni Hood on the D'mala shard---Wednesday morning to whenever...
PS--I tried the Insert Image and Linky thing but it won't work down.gif ...wanted a spoiler thing so that people wouldn't have to work so hard here. Can someone fix it?

I surrounded myself with quilty stuff
Click here to view/hide a spoiler.

This is a close up of the latest...Dereebo Pond v1. The cloth was given to me for Christmas from quilting friends..they knew what I liked!!

Moderator Note

Fixed the spoiler tags. Apperently we don't have the buttons for spoiler tags yet, so I just have to type them the old fashion way laugh.gif

linking.gif Ayli

Ayli
Budgie, you finally got the digital camera? Those are beautiful pieces flowers.gif What are those pictures on the wall? Are they your quilts framed?
William H. Maier
Great pic's, a master with the camera thumbsup.gif
budgiemom
Well, the Threads of D'ni Hood on D'mala looks great. There are cones and Bee lights (how I don't know).

This past week I have been working on a Toldelmer mini-quilt. I needed a break from fungus and went out into space. This fabric is a batik with gold spots on one side. It is 8.5" x 13.5" and next time I will make a Smaller one, laugh.gif .

Toldelmer, v1 (sorry, but i can't get the insert image to work! angry.gif )

oh, almost forgot...I won a red ribbon for this one last weekend. It's fully reversible. You can't see it here, but the label is a Leaf. laugh.gif

This is the front side:

This is the back side:

Moderator Note

put pics into spoiler tags

William H. Maier
Another masterpiece from the master craftswoman (being politically correct lmao.gif )
Ayli
Wow, outstanding markmanship Budgie smile.gif Where do you keep all your trophys? Can you make a pic of them?
ellen6
please keep posting the pics. They are so beautiful.

Congrats on the red ribbon. clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif
budgiemom
smile.gif Hi, ya'all. OK, I have my room almost cleaned and neated up. The big designwall has all my Myst stuff on it for display, with an area clear for actual works in progress. (The ribbon thingy isn't ready yet)

Here is a long view as seen from my drawing/design table:

Here are two closer views:

Rex Havoc
OOOoo, thanks Budgie!! And to think, I've actually been able to hold some of these and see them up-close and personal!! clapping.gif
Ayli
I don't think this photo make justice to all the wonderful quilts that are displayed on that wall shock.gif They are so vivid in color in real life!! And yes, I touched many of those too shock.gif (gently, Budgie smile.gif )

I'm not familiar with the oval one on the right and the one below it and above, (which looks like a Ferry railing). Also the once to the left and below the round quilts that were called Kadish's pools (if I remember). Something on the left corner too. So many new additions. clapping.gif
budgiemom
blush.gif Ayli,
The huge Oval is a wall hanging from 2003--won 2nd place-challenge: The one underneath it kind of out of sight is 3rd Place challenge for 2005 (there is a picture of it in the gallery somewhere)
The rectangular one under the two Kadish circles is Dereebo v1. There is a closeup around here somewhere.
Over on the far left hand side are three (two little blue ones and one purpely square) --using Kadish Gallery line designs in them. These were tests to see if the lines were ok..I have all of the gallery done on the computer except for the huge wall windows--which I am not going to do anyway.

I can't find this one! It may have falled behind something!
William H. Maier
It is great to see everything hanging so beautifully. It makes it much easier to chose my next acquisition thumbsup.gif Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm confused1.gif
ghaelen
Budgie, those are soooooo beautiful. clapping.gif I'll have some breathing room starting next week and will try to come on Wednesdays again. I wish there was a way to hang these in the hood! laugh.gif
budgiemom
shy.gif OK, Ayli wanted a pic of these...I feel kind of foolish... blush.gif

William H. Maier
If the judges were only Myster's, what color would ribbons be shock.gif confused1.gif
Ayli
Oh, thank you Budgie hug.gif Why would you feel foolish for the recognition others given to you? hug.gif clapping.gif
ellen6
What a wonderful display. Your work is so fantastic, and to see it all gathered together! Words seem so inadequate.
budgiemom
blush.gif Hi, this is the latest..It is a 3D work based on a pattern (shape only) in Quilting Arts Magazine. I call it Kadish Book. It was hard to make. Everytime I solved a problem, 3 more would pop up and there are mistakes; but I did learn what to do and not do next time...hmmmmm...if there is a next time. It has two separate parts: The base holds the book which has five panels.

Here is a view of it all together. It came out fuzzy..sorry for the poor quality.

The next one is just the base. The inside is lined.

This is the book being held by the top

This is the book opened up. The panels are from that balcony at the back of the gallery. Not all of them.

This is a close up of some of the panels

This project is going to Mysterium (with Roland). whistling.gif I would like to make Rand something...Would he like this or should I make him just a little quilt? confused1.gif hmmmm...decisions...decisions...and soooooo little time left!!!! shock.gif
Ayli
That is a priceless present, Budgie. As usual, a work of art. Can't wait to see this in in RL smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.