Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Are The Other Bahro?
Guild of Greeters > Ages of Myst (including all Myst games and related media) > General Discussion - Not Puzzle Help > URU: Ages Beyond Myst > UrU Prime Ages > Cleft (The Desert)
Thanakar
Was back in the cleft again (non rainy one) and listened to the second message from Yeesha. Some things caught my attention I hadn't noticed before.

1) She says, 'One more of the Bahro, the Least, have been returned.

2) She also said 'Wear this shirt to show that you side with us, Yeesha and the Bahro'

All this make me wonder, what other Bahro are out there and where are they?
DaDungeon
The Bahro = The Least = Reliymah = the "unseen" = ORIGINAL linksters

Yep . . .
and they're gettin' ready to "join the party" . . .

Tink thinks.
Kaiser Sol
QUOTE (DaDungeon @ Dec 21 2003, 09:24 PM)
The Bahro = The Least = Reliymah = the "unseen" = ORIGINAL linksters

But I thought the Bahro couldn't link therefor they were so easiley beaten into submission. shock.gif
Chwith
Yeesha's message after Teledahn mentions that they COULD link. When she is talking about the Leasyt being kept in cages by the proud:

". . . they were just animals after all! Animals that could link. . . they could be put to work. . . "
raiden
You said they are the unseen. Are you talking about the people from the book. If not then what exactly are they because I have never heard them mentioned any where else.
ydontuknow
Are the Bahro's not the ones who ran back into the mnt. or hill at the end when it started to ran. All u saw where, I think it was 3-4, ranning back inside? unsure.gif
DaDungeon
All of the above.

Yes . . .

That's what Tink thinks.
ydontuknow
Sorry for the misspelling of "rain" and "running" bash.gif
Kaiser Sol
QUOTE (Chwith @ Dec 22 2003, 01:27 AM)
Yeesha's message after Teledahn mentions that they  COULD link. When she is talking about the Leasyt being kept in cages by the proud:

". . . they were just animals after all! Animals that could link. . . they could be put to work. . . "

Guess maybe they could .. My Bad .. Can't remember everything. lmao.gif
Bah'tahm
Since you can only take with you what you carry through a link, and linking only works with organic material, the D'ni were dependent on using animals, or humans, to move goods from the Ages to the cave. I guess this is why Yeesha mentions the fact that the Bahro were animals that could link.
Corona
Beyond apes....more like Bigfoot. Yeti. Mountain animals.
Homer Simpson - "A land beast."
Chwith
QUOTE (Bah'tahm @ Dec 22 2003, 08:43 AM)
Since you can only take with you what you carry through a link, and linking only works with organic material, the D'ni were dependent on using animals, or humans, to move goods from the Ages to the cave. I guess this is why Yeesha mentions the fact that the Bahro were animals that could link.

I think that when she refers to the Bahro as "animals" she is not literally saying that they are beasts but is trying to infer that that the D'ni saw them as mere beasts. The Bahro had to have intelligence, free will, sentience<sp?>. Everything Yeesha says about them (to me) suggests this. Otherwise why would she suggest that they have a voice in the restoration?
Edrik
I think Yeesha learned from the Least while in D'ni. Did you notice that when you walk far enough into the bahro caves in the ages you link into the main bahro cavern above D'ni! The bahro don't write but can link! When you fall into the hole even when underneath it is the lake you don't use your Relto book. Or else it would blink in the corner. signifying a panic link. They can put links in space. Where you can walk into the link. Invisible. Yeesha learned from them to control things and do what other D'ni could not in their writing. Also the Bahro had made the journey cloths and the Linking stones. A stone that links!
CAGrayWolf
QUOTE (Edrik @ Jan 11 2004, 11:18 AM)
When you fall into the hole even when underneath it is the lake you don't use your Relto book. Or else it would blink in the corner. signifying a panic link.

Actually ... you do panic link when falling ... watch your avatar very closely ... he/she will do the action of touching the Relto book at their side. biggrin.gif
Edrik
I don't think so.... The book would blink in the corner. And the void previous to the cavern. That is like the star fissure.
LaReh
QUOTE (Thanakar @ Dec 21 2003, 10:20 AM)
All this make me wonder, what other Bahro are out there?

That's easy! Wolfie, Strife, Dusante, and Kass! shock.gif

<runs away REALLY fast!> laugh.gif
Dragonball161
QUOTE (CAGrayWolf @ Jan 11 2004, 07:41 PM)
QUOTE (Edrik @ Jan 11 2004, 11:18 AM)
When you fall into the hole even when underneath it is the lake you don't use your Relto book. Or else it would blink in the corner. signifying a panic link.

Actually ... you do panic link when falling ... watch your avatar very closely ... he/she will do the action of touching the Relto book at their side. biggrin.gif

Whenever you panic link, you wind up INSIDE the hut on relto. When falling from the pillars, you wind up OUTSIDE the hut on the side of the pillars.

I've watched and I don't remembern seeing a panic link. And the book symbol would blink, like what Edrik said.
DaDungeon
QUOTE (LaReh @ Jan 21 2004, 09:56 AM)
QUOTE (Thanakar @ Dec 21 2003, 10:20 AM)
All this make me wonder, what other Bahro are out there?

That's easy! Wolfie, Strife, Dusante, and Kass! shock.gif

<runs away REALLY fast!> laugh.gif

One-liner in . . .
threee . . .
two . . .
one . . .

and Gort?

Tink
Marck
QUOTE (Edrik @ Jan 11 2004, 08:18 PM)
Also the Bahro had made the journey cloths and the Linking stones. A stone that links!

As of yet, I heard of the theory that the Bahro are responsible for the Linking stones numerous times. I admit that it is likely to be correct but so far the only "evidence" is a file in the Uru installation folder having both the strings "Bahro" and "Stone" in its name. As long as there is not any in-game evidence, we should refer to such statements as what they really are: conjecture.

But anyway, thank you for calling them Linking stones instead of Bahro stones. wink3.gif

QUOTE (Edrik @ Jan 11 2004, 08:18 PM)
The bahro don't write but can link!

Do you remember that at the top of the Wall in Gahreesen, we also link just by touching a glowing strip? And also by touching the button on the ground opposite of the Wall, you are transported to the Maintainers' Nexus which is supposed to be another Age. So even the D'ni knew how to link without a book.
bryce1012
QUOTE (Marck)
Even the D'ni knew how to link without a book.

Not necessarily...

Remember something about the Maintainer Suits from the Book of D'ni. They have in the hands little "mini-Linking-Books" that are protected by some sort of polymer organic something or other that they can dissolve at the touch of a button. Perhaps the touching of the strip at the top of the wall, or the button at the bottom, isn't affecting anything external but rather causing the suit to dissolve that shield and bringing your hand into contact with aforementioned linking book.

Just a thought.
Tweek
Most interested in the bahro we are..methinks the linking technology used in the wall was stolen from the bahro..KI technology to perhaps..microscopic linking technology the bahro have perhaps...just a thought I have been having anyway.

Tweek
trickster721
What's really interesting is how the Linking Stones move around by themselves. It's like Atrus's special effects with the red and blue trap books.
Marck
What are you talking about?

QUOTE (trickster721 @ Mar 7 2004, 12:19 AM)
What's really interesting is how the Linking Stones move around by themselves.

Do you refer to Sharper's remarks in his journal about the vanishing of the Linking stone leading to the upper level of the Training Center in Gahreesen? Where do you get the impression that the stone moves by itself? Couldn't it be the Bahro who take the stone away?

QUOTE (trickster721)
It's like Atrus's special effects with the red and blue trap books.

What special effects? Do you mean the distribution of the missing pages through the various Ages?
trickster721
In reference to my initial remarks, I was speaking in reference to the manner in which the Bahro stones were only on occasion available at a particular location. Specifically I reference the dock stone. It is undoubtedly a possibility that the Bahro were the cause of the stones' mobility through more mundane means. However, I have witnessed the islands Relto page appear and vanish before my very eyes, and it is not unreasonable to presume that the Bahro stones posses similar abilities.

I was indeed referring to the inter-Age distribution of the red and blue pages.

End transmission.

biggrin.gif
painter
Where are you people getting all this information? Is it written womewhere, what you are supposed to do in the desert, after you see the group picture. I must have missed something somewhere, I am wandering around a desert, in the rain, without a clue what to do next. Help??? unsure.gif
Shadowcats
Have you downloaded To D'ni? Download Sites And Mirrors For Xp1
Or have you just finished URU Prime Disc?

*group picture*
Not sure what you mean by that in the Riven Remnants?
Or the Bahro on the mountain?
painter
I have finished URU, I've opened the egg room, have gone to Gahreeson, Teledehn, etc , set the imager in the cleft , seen the group picture in the Riven telescope, I am wandering in the desert in the rain---now what?
painter
I have no idea what you mean by "Bahro on the Mountain" I must have missed a lot somewhere along the line. I keep reading about people jumping the fence and findng Zandi?? Maybe I should just start over? What happens with the egg?
kurtg1265
QUOTE (painter @ Jun 13 2004, 10:40 AM)
I have no idea what you mean by "Bahro on the Mountain" I must have missed a lot somewhere along the line. I keep reading about people jumping the fence and findng Zandi?? Maybe I should just start over? What happens with the egg?

The Bahro on the mountain you should have seen if you have finished the game .

The jumping the fence and finding Zandi is what you can do after you have activated the Easter Egg in the Riven remnant . ( or if you have installed the fly mode patch ) . If you have activated the Riven remnant and quit the game before finding Zandi , you will probably have to go through the sequence all over again as it only works until you quit the game .
painter
finished which game? I finished Uru, at least I thought I had. I guess I didn't get the egg activated, what is it supposed to do? I tried jumping the fence, couldn't make it so I gave up and quit. Big mistake, huh? Maybe I'll just pack it in for a while, I am giving myself a nervous breakdown. Thanks anyway. down.gif
jordarkelf
Once you’re in Egg Mode, go to the Riven artifact, and then you can climb the debris next to it. From either of them you should be able to just make it across the fence (left is easiest).

It is just a bit less difficult than the infamous jump in Eder…
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.