Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Myst 5
Guild of Greeters > Ages of Myst (including all Myst games and related media) > Puzzle/Gameplay Help > Myst V: End of Ages
Arjen
Is there someone who can help me!! The problem is that i can't save my game.After the story of Atrus in the beginning I opend the one and only door and found in that building near the blue light a Journal and camera. When i make pictures and write some in my journal, nothing is SAVED in the book.So when I quit.......I have to start allover again. WHAT DO I DO WRONG.Thank in advance.
Greatings:Arjen (From the Netherlands)
Shadowcats
hmmmm sounds like it is not saving there should be a folder in win XP your "My Documents" called "myst4-revelation savegames"
Is that there ?
If its not reinstall the game so the folder will and then it should store the game.
Try this and see if it helps if not post back.
And welcome to Gog. smile.gif
coelho_buda
Silly cat2.gif ... it's Myst 5, not Myst 4. Myst 5 saves get stored in (or rather on) C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Myst V: End of Ages. You have to replace "User" with your name assuming you are using Win XP or 2000.

Check if that folder has the right permissions (for example, that you can write to it). The only other person who contacted me with this problem was using a pirated version of the game. I hope this is not your case.

Welcome to the GoG Arjen!

rabbit.gif
Shadowcats
headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif DOH
I need sleep sorry. blush.gif
William H. Maier
Don't worry cats it is global warming that is affecting you lmao.gif
Arjen
QUOTE (coelho_buda @ Nov 13 2005, 05:08 PM)
Silly cat2.gif ... it's Myst 5, not Myst 4. Myst 5 saves get stored in (or rather on) C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Myst V: End    of Ages. You have to replace "User" with your name assuming you are using  Win XP or 2000.

Check if that folder has the right permissions (for example, that you can write to it). The only other person who contacted me with this problem was using a pirated version of the game. I hope this is not your case.

Welcome to the GoG Arjen!

rabbit.gif

Sorry for my late reply. I have looked for a folder called:Myst V under C:\Docs and Setting etc; but I don't have it. The only folder I have is \Myst V demo.I reinstalled the game oncemore........but unfortunaly it gives the same result!! Still no Saving of the game.
My O.S. is Win XP and I do have all permission rights. (Administrator).
I don't know what to do. Greetings >>Arjen
Shadowcats
It might be a hidden folder you may have to click in Tools/Folder options/view show hidden files and folders to see it?
Arjen
QUOTE (Shadowcats @ Nov 19 2005, 07:17 PM)
It might be a hidden folder you may have to click in Tools/Folder options/view  show hidden files and folders to see it?

HELLO.....Arjen Here,
I uninstalled it once more and returned it to my friend.( I think that I got also a PIRATED version of the Game).I went to the shop and bought a brand new version. And gues what!!!! It works completely good.What do I learn from this.
DON'T BUY COPIES OF (illegal)SOFTWARE > YOU NEVER KNOW WHERE IT COMES FROM and it spoils your gaming-fun.
Thanks for all your support. Arjen
William H. Maier
I am glad everthing work out alright. New is good thumbsup.gif
Norfren
Hmm.. a friend of mine reported a very similar problem a few days ago. The appropriate C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Myst V\save folder does appear, but on saving neither the journal nor the data files are written in the numbered subfolders. His game is original. Only the automatic save on exit works. Strange.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.