Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cleft Brake
Guild of Greeters > Ages of Myst (including all Myst games and related media) > Puzzle/Gameplay Help > URU: Ages Beyond Myst > UrU: Ages Beyond Myst - Prime Ages > Cleft (The Desert)
rik4
hey now, i am quite a novice at this game. i played myst long ago, i picked up "uru complete cronicles" to get back into it. i cant even do the first chore! I have gone to the windmill to release the brake( short handle on side near trailor?) it does'nt move. I have tried the long handle no luck. i will say that i do bend and push the long handle to no avail. i get no response near the short handle. PLEASE HELP ME GET STARTED. Any other help notions would be appreciated. Thanks .
kurtg1265
Hello rik4, welcome.

Try looking around down below. Also, you can go to Zandi by the trailer, and he will give you some hints while in game.
rik4
QUOTE (kurtg1265 @ Nov 26 2005, 09:02 PM)
Hello rik4, welcome.

Try looking around down below. Also, you can go to Zandi by the trailer, and he will give you some hints while in game Fantastic, thanks for the quick reply, I had no idea I would get it fast. thanks again kurtg1265, I doubt this is my last post!

As you can see I am not adept at this e-mail forum either! All in time I suppose. Thanks again.

Moderator Note

Merged double post

Ken Telinome
First and foremost, Welcome to the Guild of Greeters rik4! bye2.gif

Don't get frustrated, the game gets really ugly really fast if that happens biggrin.gif! Since you're still in the cleft, you can go talk to Zandi to get some cryptic advice on what to do. But here's something to think about-- if the windmill doesn't move, maybe something is locking it down. Is there anything under the windmill that might help you? 12 feet under the windmill or so?

Don't worry about posting problems -- all in due time I suppose! It'll take a bit to get used to, but once you figure it out, it's a blast! We have excellent and fun-loving mods roaming around here somewhere, so no worries biggrin.gif!

Moderator Note

hug_squeeze.gif Ken!

William H. Maier
Welcome to Guild of Greeters rik4 clapping.gif Do not fret i had the same problem when I first started the game. Zandi can be a big help, but sometimes treasure is buried below shock.gif

Don't worry about posting problems -- all in due time I suppose! It'll take a bit to get used to, but once you figure it out, it's a blast! We have excellent and fun-loving mods roaming around here somewhere, so no worries  biggrin.gif !

But look out sometimes shock.gif whip.gif bash.gif hiding.gif mobrun.gif rock.gif
Shadowcats
Hiya welcome to the forums rik4 clapping.gif
I also moved the topic as it was posted in the no puzzles help section
But thats ok we all started somewhere so don't worry. biggrin.gif thats why the mods are here
you guys have to give us something to do now and then and we don't bite much lmao.gif
I hope you can find the release thing and continue your great journey rik4.
Don't be afraid to post.
Welcome again.
rik4
QUOTE (kurtg1265 @ Nov 26 2005, 09:02 PM)
Hello rik4, welcome.

Try looking around down below. Also, you can go to Zandi by the trailer, and he will give you some hints while in game.

Hello again, To all those who replied to my post I thank you. I had to leave for a while but am now back at my brick wall! I have tried to find the handle in the cleft to power up the windmill to no avail. I have tried to read hand signals, been in the water looking around, stompped the brake, scratched my nails into the rock !, you name it. I have not been able to get started. I need more help. Maybe if I get by this I will get in the mode to go---- I don't know if I started this game out of order of progression or I am just plain thick! no comment! Thanks people.

Moderator Note

merged posts. rik, you don't have to make two posts out with the Quote. It works fine on the same post

Ayli

Shadowcats
big spoiler only open if your desperate for the location
Clamp brake leaver to pull first
Click here to view a spoiler.

Windmill leaver to push
Click here to view a spoiler.

Hope it helps
rik4
Hello, well well well, I have had a decent moment in the cleft! I have made it past the imager and recieved directions for the journey. May not be much to you veterens, but it is an accomplishment to me. I thought for sure I would need directions to resolve the crypt of the entry of symbols at the door. I was elated when I figured out the sequence, and not too long at it. As far as double posting, I don't know what I did to do that. I did cut and paste a mes. in the wrong forum to right it, maybe that is what happened. If it continues let me know for I know not what I do! I am getting more excited with Myst now and do wonder if my computer has the power to accomodate. I have some stalling. To all who has helped and those in the future, thanks. Rik HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL biggrin.gif ...
Ken Telinome
Happy New Year rifk4!

If you're playing Uru, your computer probably has enough power to play it well enough. If you start crashing for no reason, then perhaps you need more power, but it seems like you've got it covered.

And, if your computer plays Uru, it will play the first 3 Mysts as well with no problem whistling.gif (hint hint biggrin.gif biggrin.gif). 4 and 5, now those may give you trouble, but that's another story.

It took my forever to figure out exactly what the "quote" and "reply" buttons did, don't worry about it. Everyone has to learn somehow smile.gif.

Now that you're past the windmill, the real journey begins. Have fun, and let us know how you do, I especially love going through the journey step by step. Everyone experiences it differently.
rik4
QUOTE (Ken Telinome @ Dec 31 2005, 05:05 PM)
Happy New Year rifk4!

If you're playing Uru, your computer probably has enough power to play it well enough.  If you start crashing for no reason, then perhaps you need more power, but it seems like you've got it covered.

And, if your computer plays Uru, it will play the first 3 Mysts as well with no problem whistling.gif (hint hint biggrin.gif biggrin.gif).  4 and 5, now those may give you trouble, but that's another story.

It took my forever to figure out exactly what the "quote" and "reply" buttons did, don't worry about it.  Everyone has to learn somehow smile.gif.

Now that you're past the windmill, the real journey begins.  Have fun, and let us know how you do, I especially love going through the journey step by step.  Everyone experiences it differently.
rik4
Ken, and SHADOWCATS (HELP WAS GREAT)-,AND THE REST, thanks for your note. I must say that I did not try all the bridges to find the room with the handle. I took for granted that if they were down not to bother with them, big mistake. So, the imager was a blast and meeting the lady ( I'll remember thier names soon enough!). I am excited that the game gets more visual also. I look foreward, just wish I had more time. My work beckons. Talk to you all soon, Rik4
TheGamer
just to let you know, the "lady's" name is Yeesha...oh, and to the rest of you, sorry that i did not post for a long time..my compy wouldn't let me get on here confused1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.