Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Riven Rights Up For Sale
Guild of Greeters > Ages of Myst (including all Myst games and related media) > General Discussion - Not Puzzle Help > Riven: The Sequel to Myst
Arowin
Hey guys, think we can get together $5000 to start the bidding to buy the rights to Riven???

http://maltzauctions.com/acclaimip.htm
devonette
QUOTE (Arowin @ Dec 5 2005, 10:53 PM)
Hey guys, think we can get together $5000 to start the bidding to buy the rights to Riven???

http://maltzauctions.com/acclaimip.htm

I notice Myst is on the auction list as well!
L'lee
Makes me wonder... If Ubisoft owned the publishing rights for the entire Myst franchise through (was it 2008?)... and this is a bankruptcy proceding, does that mean that Ubisoft declaring bankruptcy? confused1.gif
Slugzzz
What??? I'd like to know what is going on here! How can the rights to Myst be up for sale?
L'lee
Anyone checked on the legitimacy of this auction???
DaDungeon
My first inclination is that these are rights to publish video game versions only . . .
for certain gamebox platforms.

Weren't these entirely separate deals . . .
from the rights to publish . . .
the PC games for a certain contracted time?
kurtg1265
These are only Acclaim games. I am assuming the Myst and Riven ones would be for the ports to Playstation and other consoles. I think all this auction does is give you the right to publish any of those titles as a console game. I dont believe it will give you the full rights to the games themselves. And yes Tink, I think they are seperate deals from their PC counterparts.

I actually have alot of those games as Nintendo and Playstation titles.
Shadowcats
Strange unsure.gif
William H. Maier
kurtg1265 said
These are only Acclaim games. I am assuming the Myst and Riven ones would be for the ports to Playstation and other consoles

After reading the fine print I tend to agree smile.gif
mishra
Whoa...I won't really care( A console Riven game would be nice) as long as they don't make like a Riven II....Kill the spirit...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.